The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Think these players could offer us a lot and they are realistic targets.

Are we already in the championship?  ffs

Did everton say that when they signed Cahill? Did they fuckers.

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done f*** all to make them want to keep him.

Disagree with everything you have said.  Our side minus Zog is a championship one already then by your words.  I believe we need depth to our squad and we need it NOW.  We have some of our better players on long term injuries and only kids who are not good enough yet (if ever) to step in.  Firstly, Fulham don't want rid of Bullard, they said he can go if they can't meet his wage demands. Elano has fallen out of favour with Hughes over personal issues (from what I can see) and he was a dangerous player for them last season.  Plus Man City don't have to settle for keeping Elano as they have so much money they can buy whoever is willing to come for silly wages.  Bit different from the angle of "they aren't good enough for them" that your trying to create.

Mido hasn't been suggested, so again your picking a bad example and trying to pin it on a different set of players with different circumstances.  Also, are you saying you'd prefer to keep what we got instead of adding Elano and Bullard to the mix? - Sorry but I don't see how our current midfield is better than not having Bullard & Elano in it to pick from.

And please, suggest 4 players you think we can sign like I requested.  If your going to criticise my choices at least have the balls to lay your cards on the table.

I already did a long way back in this thread and i stick by it. Bullard has gone on record as saying he will take a cut in wages to stay at Fulham. Elano is not wanted by man city, theyve struggled for goals this season with Jo being slow to settle and still he hasnt featured. My point is to improve the squad, swapping zog for bullard or elano is not imo improving the squad, nor is signing untested players for a potential relegation battle. Im saying id rather keep zog than bring in two lesser players.

If your aware that Bullard has said he is willing to take a pay cut to stay now, why were you making out that the he wasn't good enough for Fulham and they wanted rid? 

You have suggested we get..

"Pennant

Sol Cambell

Crouch

Micah Richards

Risse"

Do you really think that Riise will leave a Champions League side to join a relegation battle? do you also believe that Man City would give up one of their brightest defensive prospects in Micah Richards? Crouch would cost us £12m to £15m and do we really need Sol Campbell? he is 34 now, would rather have Bassong and Coloccini ahead of him.

Your suggested transfers would cost around £40m to £50m if we could even get them as I can't see Crouch or Richards being cheap.

And why do you love Zog so much? yes he is fast, but how many assists and goals is he picking up? - not much.  He is a sulky person who has already gone on record saying he wants out, yet you want to keep him?

are you stupid? if bullard has offered to take a pay cut to stay at Fulham and they still havent offered him a contract what does that tell you?

Campbell would be cover for bassong and colo not a replacement, and certainly better cover than taylor, who i said we should offload for the right price. Risse is warming the bench and I reckon he would do a loan to NUFC to gie himself a chance of a premiership return with another club come the end of the season. Same with pennant. So that leaves crouch and micah richards both who would cost us cash agreed, but i said sell the likes of taylor, and zog(If he doesnt want to be at NUFC he can fuck off, but not to weaken our chances of survival) , and free up the wage bill by getting rid of viduka and co.  plus some cash from ashley and i think its a possibility. And that squad would be far better than the shite you suggested.

Not a transfer rumour But

Owner Mike Ashley is considering a dramatic boardroom reshuffle at Newcastle which could see Dennis Wise lose his high-profile job as executive director responsible for player recruitment. (Daily Express)

Plus from the Daily Mirror

Nicky Butt and Shola Ameobi are stalling over new Newcastle contracts

May they keep doing so for all eternity.

Amen  :clap:

Owner Mike Ashley is considering a dramatic boardroom reshuffle at Newcastle which could see Dennis Wise lose his high-profile job as executive director responsible for player recruitment. (Daily Express)

Sounds like he's trying to appease the fans.  It's funny how he basically does whatever his mate Levy does.

Guest justin99.

yes well that certainly sounds like something journalists would be informed of  :idiot2:

Sounds like he's trying to appease the fans.  It's funny how he basically does whatever his mate Levy does.

he's a few month behind though, so chances are we'll end up re-signing milner in the summer for more money than we sold him for  :pow:

One of the Sales Assistants at Sports Direct has offered to do it for the minimum wage

One of the Sales Assistants at Sports Direct has offered to do it for the minimum wage

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Guest toonlass

Plus from the Daily Mirror

Nicky Butt and Shola Ameobi are stalling over new Newcastle contracts

Bet Ameobi's contract is lying under a pile of shit in his house. He's not stalling honest.

He's called the police back, its not been stolen, it was just under the pizza boxes

Guest SirLes

I think personally this just sums up where we are as a club at the moment...

Watched Shola since he broke through the youth set up with promise, bar 2-3 'decent' games the guy is terrible, unlike Chopra who found his level at Barnsley (loan) & Cardiff, Shola could not even cut it in the Championship with Stoke.

On his way out under Keegan, it just shows that the people running the club are a joke, 3 years on something like £25K to produce the dross he does week in week out is another nail in the coffin that is the current NUFC.

Nicky Butt next and we have the backbone of a fantastic mid table championship side.

Only other worry is we have it all to come with Andy Carroll. Shola mark 2.

Guest sondre

Wondering who we have actually bid for? Every player we have been linked to (not that many really) have been played down by the chairmen in their clubs. So little has happened  so far, and i'm thinking maybe Kinnear has a tactic of just talk BS all the time, and by that keep the led on our actual transfers. :yikes:

Watched Shola since he broke through the youth set up with promise, bar 2-3 'decent' games the guy is terrible, unlike Chopra who found his level at Barnsley (loan) & Cardiff, Shola could not even cut it in the Championship with Stoke.

On his way out under Keegan, it just shows that the people running the club are a joke, 3 years on something like £25K to produce the dross he does week in week out is another nail in the coffin that is the current NUFC.

Nicky Butt next and we have the backbone of a fantastic mid table championship side.

spot on, it kind of makes my stomach sick thinking about it......I knew ashley's time here wasn't always going to be smooth sailing but fuckin hell, its as if its all being done on purpose, like part of a cruel bet or something

spot on, it kind of makes my stomach sick thinking about it......I knew ashley's time here wasn't always going to be smooth sailing but fuckin hell, its as if its all being done on purpose, like part of a cruel bet or something

To be fair to the bloke he's lost 1.2 Billion since he took over.  I can't see him doing it as some sort of bet or intentionally, he just doesn't know how to run a club.

Is anyone actually expecting any decent business to be done this January? Very few clubs ever manage to make any good signings at this time of year, except the mad spenders.

I expect maybe 1 in 1 out, with Smith being sold and a not much better player to replace him. 

If that happens Ashley best expect fan meltdown!

Hope i'm wrong but with the speed these deals seem to take with this lot I can't see them tying up more than 1 in the next 3 weeks!  CUNTS!

Newcastle midfielder Geremi has told skysports.com that he could be ready to leave St James' Park in search of regular first-team football.

The former Real Madrid, Chelsea and Middlesbrough man has not started a match under Magpies boss Joe Kinnear since the 2-2 home draw with Stoke City on 6th December.

Geremi, who is under contract until summer 2010 and captained the club for a stint at the start of the 2007/08 campaign, has made just 12 appearances all season.

The versatile Cameroon international, who is equally comfortable at right-back, has been linked with Turkish giants Besiktas or a January switch to France.

Involved

Geremi, 30, told skysports.com: "I want to be involved on the football field. I am nearing the end of my career and I don't want to sit on the bench.

"I heard there is a bid for me from a club in Europe but I am waiting to decide what to do.

"To be honest, I want to play. If not, we will have to take a decision to satisfy everyone."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4759489,00.html