The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

It probably is as well. After all these years I'm still getting frustrated at being linked to players (in this instance a VERY GOOD player) that we have no intention at all of signing. But it makes sense I guess, us being linked to players from Spain and Portugal when you look at our last transfer window.

That said, Meireles would be an immense signing for us, and probably a cult hero aswell...

According to .com Peter Lovenkrands is coming for a weeks trial next week.

Was reported in the sunday sun anarl.

We will find out in the morning i suppose.

Probably not knowing the lack of communication at the club.

was saying to WBCP earlier, man united have 11 midfielders (ronaldo, nani, giggs, anderson, scholes, hargreaves, carrick, tosic, park, fletcher, o' shea). surely they wont mind lending us one of them?? realisitcally, we're talking park, o' shea or tosic but even they might be out of our league.

Is Bresciano any good?

poor man's Jonas imo

Completely different players.

Bresciano is a 'box to box' centre midfielder.

Thought he played wing-forward in a 4-3-3 for Palermo.

Then again, this was two years go when they played us in Europe, so I could be wrong.

Guest Heneage

I reckon they under-estimate Sturridge and reckon he could do a cracking job on our right.

You do know he is a striker.

Originally he is, but he can play on the wing, and his pass against Blackburn was brilliant.

Guest LucasUnger

He’s struggling, but Newcastle go for Manchester City's Jo

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 9:51 PM on 11th January 2009

* Comments (0)

* Add to My Stories

Newcastle are interested in taking Jo on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season, six months after the Brazil striker moved to Eastlands in an £18million deal.

Jo has scored just one Barclays Premier League goal and is being offered to several clubs, but there may be problems with a work permit. Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has not ruled out reviving a swap deal with Middlesbrough involving Mido and Alan Smith.

Manchester City's Jo

On the move? Manchester City's Jo challenges Paris St Germain's Sakho Mamadou

More...

* NEWCASTLE NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB

* MAN CITY NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB

* Furious Owen hits back at Jose jibe as Newcastle striker insists he's not past it

* City first up with £8m bid for Newcastle's Given

If City boss Mark Hughes fails to land Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given, he would consider a move for Chelsea's Carlo Cudicini.

Portsmouth have enquired about taking their former striker Benjani on loan from City. He will fall down the pecking order if Hughes signs Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy. City are waiting to hear from West Ham after raising their offer for Bellamy to £10m, but are pessimistic about landing his team-mate Scott Parker.

City could let Richard Dunne leave and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp would welcome the opportunity to take him to White Hart Lane after showing interest in him for Pompey last summer.

:lol:

Linked with a loan move for Jo from Man City.

Could be a masterstroke or terrible decision. Not much to lose if its a loan though.

As much as I wouldnt want to lose Given, Johnson and Onouha and a couple of million would be great comfort, infact might work better in the long run.

Bresciano is getting on a bit, was a decent player though for CM.

Raul Meireles is by far the most exciting, we were tipped to be signing a 10m midfielder.. surely not though...

Know nothing about Tom De Mul, another right winger would be nice though, especially if geremi is off.

Lovenkrands is a weird one, still dont know where he would fit in unless we are expecting Owen to be off this window.

Could be a masterstroke or terrible decision. Not much to lose if its a loan though.

If its a loan I can't really see it being a terrible decision.

Don't think it would be a positive move to be honest. It's not as if he's a class player who's just on a bad run and needs a change of surroundings, he's genuinely just not good enough for the PL.

Don't think it would be a positive move to be honest. It's not as if he's a class player who's just on a bad run and needs a change of surroundings, he's genuinely just not good enough for the PL.

Bit harsh. He was definitely way overpriced, but he is a 21 year old that has only started 9 times in the league.

Bit harsh. He was definitely way overpriced, but he is a 21 year old that has only started 9 times in the league.

Aah. Just answered a question I was about to pose.

And has that been a straight run of 9 games or has it been a bit on and off ?

Aah. Just answered a question I was about to pose.

And has that been a straight run of 9 games or has it been a bit on and off ?

He started 6 in a row, scored 1, and hasn't started since. I think he's had some injuries as well as bad form.

"Jô scored 14 goals in his first 18 appearances for CSKA Moscow. In the UEFA Champions League, Jo scored two goals in the matches against Inter Milan, one being in the dramatic 4-2 loss at the San Siro"

53 appearances for CSKA scoring 30 goals in total. Thought to have cost Citeh £19 mill.....all according to Wiki.

Hell of a loan deal if we could get him and Ashley would pay his wages.

I reckon they under-estimate Sturridge and reckon he could do a cracking job on our right.

Originally he is, but he can play on the wing, and his pass against Blackburn was brilliant.

He still is, what makes you think he is not? If he was RW against Blackburn where was SWP playing?

Guest VegasToon

meireles is by far the most interesting player we have been linked with this window!

...dont believe he will come :weep:

I am trying to believe.  Ashley please give us some hope.

He still is, what makes you think he is not? If he was RW against Blackburn where was SWP playing?

The same thing that makes him think Robinho is a left winger.

surprising transfer rumour one i read this morning in the back of the Metro was that Newcastle are tipped to sign Nacho Novo for £500,000...

if i can find a link to the article i'll post it.

also that Boro are to sign Barry Ferguson for £2Mill.

The metro have more than lilkely ripped the story from:

NEWCASTLE boss Joe Kinnear is weighing up moves for Rangers striker Nacho Novo and Hearts wing king Andrew Driver.

The skint Toon gaffer is in the market for transfer-window bargains to help pull his side away from the relegation zone.

And MailSport can reveal he has been advised to move for Novo and Driver.

Kinnear will have £1.25million-rated Driver watched in this afternoon's Edinburgh derby at Easter Road.

He is more familiar with Novo's background and will assess his options before deciding this week what moves to make.

Aware of the Ibrox club's necessity to bring in funds, Newcastle may well bid around £500,000 for Novo with a similar amount payable should he help them stay in the Premiership.

The Spaniard is frustrated at his lack of opportunities this season and has been linked with moves to Deportivo and Hull City.

Driver, however, is in no rush to quit Tynecastle although Hearts are keen to cash in.

Everton have scouted him and may follow up but are also strapped for cash.

Driver has shone for Jambos this season and was checked out by England Under-21 boss Stuart Pearce with a view to being called up.

The winger and club captain Christophe Berra are Hearts' two biggest assets and the club are expecting bids for them this month.

http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=Nacho Novo&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn