The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

4 million pound for M'Bia would be a steal. Will not happen.

I think the two offers are for Mbia & Ebondo and with any luck Ashley will give a little bit more cash if needed, and

He might do but I doubt it,  Kinnear said he'll get back what ever he sells to add to this.  So at least 1.5 for Geremi and if Zog goes you can add another 8m on top.

Aye but will Ashley stump up and wait for the cash back when we sell a few or will he make us wait and we ebd up missing out on them.

He'll probably wait,  I remember when they sold Dyer, Big Sam wanted Elano in but they had to wait until they sold Dyer, subsquently Elano went to City and we got Smith,  great days.

Aye thats my worry, we are always slow to act and I doubt we will get them both for £10mill so we will need extra.

Yeah we need that Mbia or another CM as a priority.  I wouldnt mind if we went up to even 8 for him and brought in cheap cover at the back such as Finnan or a Loan deal.

Its about time we had a big DMl like he is 6' 2" so no short arse, his stats are funny he likesa shot at goal but in three seasons he has had 73 shots 12 on target with 4 goals :lol:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=84899&&cc=5739

Might have to tell him not to shoot too often tbh.  Thats not exactly great accuracy.

Edit:

It shows confidence though which is a good sign.

I think the two offers are for Mbia & Ebondo and with any luck Ashley will give a little bit more cash if needed, and

He might do but I doubt it,  Kinnear said he'll get back what ever he sells to add to this.  So at least 1.5 for Geremi and if Zog goes you can add another 8m on top.

Aye but will Ashley stump up and wait for the cash back when we sell a few or will he make us wait and we ebd up missing out on them.

He'll probably wait,  I remember when they sold Dyer, Big Sam wanted Elano in but they had to wait until they sold Dyer, subsquently Elano went to City and we got Smith,  great days.

Aye thats my worry, we are always slow to act and I doubt we will get them both for £10mill so we will need extra.

Yeah we need that Mbia or another CM as a priority.  I wouldnt mind if we went up to even 8 for him and brought in cheap cover at the back such as Finnan or a Loan deal.

Its about time we had a big DMl like he is 6' 2" so no short arse, his stats are funny he likesa shot at goal but in three seasons he has had 73 shots 12 on target with 4 goals :lol:

Amady Faye Mk II?

Hopefully Papa Bouba Diop Mk II

Might have to tell him not to shoot too often tbh.  Thats not exactly great accuracy.

Edit:

:lol: 53 starts 7 games a sub 73 shots, is that confidence or delusion?

Edit:

I remember when Martins first joined he'd pretty much shoot anytime he got a sight of goal.  He still shoots very often but nowhere near as much as he used to, hopefully he'll realise over time if we get him when to shoot and when to pass.

Kinnear said he told Ashley the price of the two players, so does he mean he knows how much their clubs want?

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like Kinnear has already found out exactly what it would take to sign the players already and has then gone to Ashley for the cash.

Fingers crossed.

Edit:

I remember when Martins first joined he'd pretty much shoot anytime he got a sight of goal.  He still shoots very often but nowhere near as much as he used to, hopefully he'll realise over time if we get him when to shoot and when to pass.

Aye but Oba's a striker :lol:

Kinnear said he told Ashley the price of the two players, so does he mean he knows how much their clubs want?

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like Kinnear has already found out exactly what it would take to sign the players already and has then gone to Ashley for the cash.

Fingers crossed.

I read it to mean that was how much Kinnear was prepared to pay for each out of whatever transfer fund he has been given, not that we could necessarily get them for that.

But it is Kinnear, so who knows?

Fingers crossed.

And amazingly they now want more, I'd imagine.

Fingers crossed.

Exactly. I wish he would really be quiet on transfers in this manner. Remember how it was refreshing under this regime for us not to do our transfer business in public? What happened to that?

Fingers crossed.

Exactly. I wish he would really be quiet on transfers in this manner. Remember how it was refreshing under this regime for us not to do our transfer business in public? What happened to that?

We appointed a loudmouth, cockney/Irish yob, who doesn't give a shit what people think and has little or no common sense.  He's like a less talented version of Redknapp.

Fingers crossed.

I don't think he has been saying too much tbh. A little bit of info here and there doesn't hurt.

He hasn't actually revealed the names of either of these targets too. So far it's all just speculation.

Fingers crossed.

I don't think he has been saying too much tbh. A little bit of info here and there doesn't hurt.

He hasn't actually revealed the names of either of these targets too. So far it's all just speculation.

What about Riise?

Fingers crossed.

What about Riise?

I was referring more to the players we have supposedly bid for.

Anyway my point is that he hasn't carried on about every player we have been in for has he?

So he mentioned Riise as a possible loan. Don't think that is reason to brand him a loud mouth like Gorilla man did. To compare him to Harry Redknapp is ridiculous.

The more he mouths off, the cleverer I think he's actually being.

I reckon most of the stuff he's coming out with might be crap to throw the press off the scent. Remember how much he hates them, he could be playing a very tactile game with them.

Then again he could just be a 60+ hasbeen manager who is lonely and desperate to tell anyone who'll listen what he's doing this month.

Fingers crossed.

What about Riise?

Anyway my point is that he hasn't carried on about every player we have been in for has he?

So he mentioned Riise as a possible loan. Don't think that is reason to brand him a loud mouth like Gorilla man did. To compare him to Harry Redknapp is ridiculous.

Are you saying he isn't a loudmouth?  I was referring to his other activities as well as him on transfers such as press conferences, the way him and Phil brown went at it last night, they way he talks about refs etc.

Guest icemanblue

Fingers crossed.

What about Riise?

As far as my recent memory goes, and mine is a bit patchy, he's given details on each transfer. This is something noone else in the league does, oh, except that wobbly faced cunt.

Fingers crossed.

What about Riise?

As far as my recent memory goes, and mine is a bit patchy, he's given details on each transfer. This is something noone else in the league does, oh, except that wobbly faced c***.

Rubbish.

Guest icemanblue

Fingers crossed.

What about Riise?

As far as my recent memory goes, and mine is a bit patchy, he's given details on each transfer. This is something noone else in the league does, oh, except that wobbly faced c***.

Rubbish.

Ah well, if you say so.

Bad news, spurs fan on sky sports says he has seen Shay Given at Spurs training ground this morning.

Aye and I saw Kaka coming out of ours.

Shay was meant to be at Spurs yesterday morning as well!

Can't wait to find out if this is true or not. If it is, then Shay can fuck off as there is no worse place for him to go atm. If it's not, then I will definitely have to cunt some random Spurs fan in the jaw, and I tell you, there's no feeling like it.