The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Thing is, if you ask me, that deal would almost make sense for both sides. You don't have enough decent fit strikers, nor any that are ever able to play effectively on their own. Spurs are pissed off with Bent because he can't play with anyone. Playing Bent up front for you with Gutierrez/Duff on the wings would be more effective than with say Martins alone down the centre. Martins and Bent are a similar calibre of player, except Martins has a lot more potential and could arguably be world class (but probably won't) whilst Bent is at what could be construed as his peak. It would probably make more sense as a loan deal as opposed to a perma-swap, but I can see the logic there, which of course doesn't factor in the apparent 'cult hero' status that Martins has with you guys.

The way this club is run is a joke. Exchange the only player that we have who actually makes the opposition worry about us.

For fuck sake man. Do you honestly believe everything?

Deadline day in the transfer window is like chinese whispers, especially where SSN are concerned. The guy's are at the training ground working on deals now.

You are wasting the skin on your fingers mate, the mongs go into overdrive on the last day of the transfer window.

I love how certain people are havign a go for trying to swap for Bent because it is a negative rumour, but have refused to believe any of the links to any decent players that are more positive rumours.

Pathetic.

The way this club is run is a joke. Exchange the only player that we have who actually makes the opposition worry about us.

For fuck sake man. Do you honestly believe everything?

Deadline day in the transfer window is like chinese whispers, especially where SSN are concerned. The guy's are at the training ground working on deals now.

You are wasting the skin on your fingers mate, the mongs go into overdrive on the last day of the transfer window.

You lav it.

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually wouldn't have minded that swap.

Oba's almost as much of a permacrock as Owen is.

He's our last remaining player with any pace. It makes sense to get rid as our other players could never stay with him if they were trying one-twoes.

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually wouldn't have minded that swap.

Oba's almost as much of a permacrock as Owen is.

He's our last remaining player with any pace. It makes sense to get rid as our other players could never stay with him if they were trying one-twoes.

Bent's pretty fast.

I can't say I understand why people are having a hissy over the prospect of Martins/Bent swap deal. He's hardly a goal machine.

He is proven to our most important attacking player though. Our record without him is abysmal.

I can't say I understand why people are having a hissy over the prospect of Martins/Bent swap deal. He's hardly a goal machine.

But he is by far our most dangerous player... no debate.

He's hugely inconsistant, gets injured frequently and hasn't got a good footballing brain. His pace makes him dangerous but he doesn't even use that properly most of the time.

Bent is a much better striker. Put him one on one with a 'keeper and he'll find the net, put Martins on that same position and he'll find row J.

1505: Another colleague just spoke to Newcastle. They know nothing about an extraordinary proposed swap with Spurs of Obafemi Martins and Darren Bent. As for other possible signings today, we are told a big, fat zero. I'd continue to watch this space, however.

Mmm-kay.

I love how certain people are havign a go for trying to swap for Bent because it is a negative rumour, but have refused to believe any of the links to any decent players that are more positive rumours.

Pathetic.

comes with the territory when we've performed so poorly in the last 7 or so windows

1505: Another colleague just spoke to Newcastle. They know nothing about an extraordinary proposed swap with Spurs of Obafemi Martins and Darren Bent. As for other possible signings today, we are told a big, fat zero. I'd continue to watch this space, however.

:suicide:

Seriously, where do we go from here if there are no signings? How the fuck are we supposed to stay up?

Where's that from?

BBC News

:suicide:

Seriously, where do we go from here if there are no signings? How the fuck are we supposed to stay up?

:lol: