The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Journal

Meanwhile, Kinnear has hinted that the club may revisit their interest in Darren Bent if they remain in the Premier League.

He could replace Michael Owen, who Kinnear admits may leave at the end of his contract in June.

Its possible that well go back for Darren especially as Michael might walk out in the summer, he admitted.

Wed like to keep Michael, but Im not confident that we will.

Don't forget to offer £2million for Lampard then switch to Kenwyn Jones on the final day first Joe. You fat pleb.

Journal

Meanwhile, Kinnear has hinted that the club may revisit their interest in Darren Bent if they remain in the Premier League.

He could replace Michael Owen, who Kinnear admits may leave at the end of his contract in June.

“It’s possible that we’ll go back for Darren – especially as Michael might walk out in the summer,” he admitted.

“We’d like to keep Michael, but I’m not confident that we will.”

Hardly call that a hint, would you.

Would anyone be up for getting Crouch in the summer, if we're still in the leauge that is?

Think he'd be off in a shot, as Pompey are sinking like a stone and don't look like they're even trying for Adams.

Don't know why he'd want to come to us like,  :kinnear:

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Crouch and rate him as more than decent but he's one of those forwards who needs a team or system built around him for him to be truly effective. Anyway I imagine he'll be heavily linked with Spurs in the summer which may open up an opportunity to go for Darren Bent, who I rate higher.

By the way I must confess it feels really pointless to even think about transfers and signing players these days sadly.

I like Crouch and rate him as more than decent but he's one of those forwards who needs a team or system built around him for him to be truly effective. Anyway I imagine he'll be heavily linked with Spurs in the summer which may open up an opportunity to go for Darren Bent, who I rate higher.

By the way I must confess it feels really pointless to even think about transfers and signing players these days sadly.

I agree. even if we are making genuine attempts to sign players, this need to raise money first before making any moves is going to kill most deals before they get off the ground.

Guest Heneage

Crouch and Martins? That would be interesting, if they could get a good understanding we could have a good partnership. I'd take Kranjcar too.  :smitten:

nufc.com's rumour page says we were linked with Dida yesterday

Nelson Dida Learning English As Newcastle Move Looms – Report

Dida is learning to speak English, but he will need to learn the Geordie lingo if he is to move to Newcastle...

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida could be on his way to Premier League strugglers Newcastle United at the end of the season as his current employers have not moved to offer him a new deal.

Tuttosport claim the Magpies are in line to take the Brazilian on after Shay Given moved to Manchester City. Dida's current deal at San Siro expires in 2010, however, the Rossoneri do not seem keen on extending their relationship with the ‘keeper.

Reports suggest the shot stopper is taking up English lessons during his spare time, fuelling speculation that he will be heading for an adventure in the Premier League.

Milan renewed Christian Abbiati's contract during the winter transfer window and he has been Carlo Ancelotti's first choice in the league. The Brazilian has been used in UEFA Cup matches and in friendlies. It is unlikely that Dida will be given a regular starting role and so he would welcome a move away from Milanello.

In addition, Dida earns €4 million per season. The Rossoneri are not keen on paying a reserve goalkeeper such a vast amount of money.

Milan are now waiting for Newcastle to make their move for the error-prone goalkeeper. Many will remember his antics against Celtic in the Champions League two years ago: it has been downhill since then.

Link

Journal

“It’s possible that we’ll go back for Darren – especially as Michael might walk out in the summer,” he admitted.

Why does he need to tell us this? Can he not just keep his fuckin fat mouth shut! If he wants to go for a player, just do it quietly and don't tell the whole fuckin world our targets.

Journal

Why does he need to tell us this? Can he not just keep his fuckin fat mouth shut! If he wants to go for a player, just do it quietly and don't tell the whole fuckin world our targets.

no, no he can't

Twat. is the word that comes to mind. he is a complete fucking joker, its got to the point that id rather gamble on shearer or poyet than have him stay in charge.

he's gonna take us down as well, that's the worst of it - if he was getting decent results while running his mouth i could live with it but he's not, not even close

expect us to get played off the pitch the day again

Elsewhere, Portuguese sources have confirmed that United offered £9.5 million for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso before the close of the transfer window . . . after Bolton had already had a £10.5 million bid turned down.

from the sunday sun.

Elsewhere, Portuguese sources have confirmed that United offered £9.5 million for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso before the close of the transfer window . . . after Bolton had already had a £10.5 million bid turned down.

from the sunday sun.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B12K4EQHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Newcastle United are close to signing one of Sweden's most talented youngsters after putting in a bid to sign Jonkoping Sodra's 17-year-old wingman Samuel Adjei, reports SkySports.com

Adjei trained with the Magpies in November and he looks to have done enough to persuade the club to put in a serious bid for him.

He is relishing the chance of plying his trade in Newcastle, and has acknowledged what a big opportunity this is for him.

'Chances like these don't just grow on trees, so when it appears you wanna grab it,' he told his local newspaper Jnytt.

The highly-rated youngster wants to move to St.James' Park as soon as possible and has urged his current club not to stand in the way of his potential transfer to the North-East.

'The interest is big and they want me, I hope that Newcastle and Jonkoping Sodra can make an agreement,' Adjei added.

The move however may face complications due to Jonkoping Sodra's reluctance to part company with a player who they see as a future ticket to big money.

'Both we and Newcastle have seen there is an interest around Samuel,' said Jonkoping Sodra director Daniel Segerfeldt.

'Our approach is that he is going to play for us.'

Since the player is keen on the move, and the Magpies are offering upfront cash payments for the transfer, the move is likely to happen in the coming week.

One more for the Newcastle United Academy.

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=140286