The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Mido has rejected claims he could join Turkish side Besiktas but hinted he could leave Middlesbrough. "If Boro agreed to sell me to an English club then I will go, otherwise I am staying for now," he said. (icteeside.co.uk, 1620 GMT)

Smith swap still on?

Expenisve players = good players

Cheap players = s*** players.

thats effectively what you;re saying.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

But the clubs that win stuff show you have to spend big to compete.

thats it in a nutshell. So difficult to comprehend for some, but so basic.

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Liverpool Carragher Hyypia

Man U      Ferdinand Vidic

Chelsea Terry Carvahllo/Alex

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Spending big = success, good players

but in the very same sentence

Spending big on Colo = shit player.

Make up your mind.

So Chelsea, Manu, Liverpool have spent all that money when there has been no need to ?

Do you think their managers will be sacked for their gross incompetence ?

Nope but they've got into a position where they can look to spend big money. If we went out and spent £30m on a centre half right now, id go apoplectic. Do you know why?

If you read my post you'll see that i said that being frugal and searching for the gems is equally important as buying big. Bolded in case you miss it the second time round.

Do you disagree with that?

you've changed your stance somewhat.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Make up your mind.

So Chelsea, Manu, Liverpool have spent all that money when there has been no need to ?

Nope but they've got into a position where they can look to spend big money. If we went out and spent £30m on a centre half right now, id go apoplectic. Do you know why?

If you read my post you'll see that i said that being frugal and searching for the gems is equally important as buying big. Bolded in case you miss it the second time round.

I actually havent, but you have by the looks of this post.

What is it you think I've changed?

Guest sicko2ndbest

According to the ever reliable NufcBlog Sky Sports news text says Kinnear will run the rule over Lovenkrands and the supposed Argie and Italian loans. Anyone confirm this?

I can't :)

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Make up your mind.

just before the January window last year you insisted the club shouldn't be wasting any money buying players because you were happy with where they were in the league.

Guest sicko2ndbest

On Sky Sports text it says

“Newcastle will also run the rule over trialist Peter Lovenkrands and potential loan signings from Italy and Argentinain a behind closed-doors practice match on Tuesday before making decisions on them.”

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get s**** (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

As for Colo "being s***" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

Spending big on Colo = s*** player.

Make up your mind.

just before the January window last year you insisted the club shouldn't be wasting any money buying players because you were happy with where they were in the league.

Fucking hell, how good is you memory!

Newcastle will also run the rule over trialist Peter Lovenkrands and potential loan signings from Italy and Argentinain a behind closed-doors practice match on Tuesday before making decisions on them.

Interesting. Although the story is probably rubbish.

Newcastle will also run the rule over trialist Peter Lovenkrands and potential loan signings from Italy and Argentinain a behind closed-doors practice match on Tuesday before making decisions on them.

Interesting. Although the story is probably rubbish.

Wow. :lol:. Getting voting lads! - http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59286.0.html

According to the ever reliable NufcBlog Sky Sports news text says Kinnear will run the rule over Lovenkrands and the supposed Argie and Italian loans. Anyone confirm this?

We are giving Lovenkrands a match on tuesday behind closed doors, mentioned it in the chronicle I think. He hasnt had the chance to play a full 11 on 11 match yet due to injuries and cancelled training.

Seems odd to have the potential loans playing, obviously a smart move if we arent that familiar with them, but could potentially put off the players we had asked to have on loan.

We are giving Lovenkrands a match on tuesday behind closed doors, mentioned it in the chronicle I think. He hasnt had the chance to play a full 11 on 11 match yet due to injuries and cancelled training.

Seems odd to have the potential loans playing, obviously a smart move if we arent that familiar with them, but could potentially put off the players we had asked to have on loan.

If its true i would have thought it meant the loan signings wanted to sign.

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Make up your mind.

Thats not quite what i said, you know that. But if it gives you the minor victory that your little brain needs then have it.

Still dont see the change in stance over the transfer policy that i advocate. Whereas yours has always we ned to spend big "its not rocket science etc", i see you conceded a little.

My little brain will take that victory that it needs. ;)

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Make up your mind.

Thats not quite what i said, you know that. But if it gives you the minor victory that your little brain needs then have it.

Still dont see the change in stance over the transfer policy that i advocate. Whereas yours has always we ned to spend big "its not rocket science etc", i see you conceded a little.

I don't think so. We are in the shit, and Ashley has done what you and some others advocated, and has stuck to his "plan".

cripes, did they really, honestly need to issue an official club statement over that?

:lol: Explain the loss of a club legend, nah. Tell us that we're not signing some Aussia right-back - why aye! Straight on there.

Man U Ferdinand Vidic

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Make up your mind.

I don't think so. We are in the shit, and Ashley has done what you and some others advocated, and has stuck to his "plan".

I dont think his plan was to put the club up for sale after fans protests. Another thing the fans wanted and got but are complaining about. I called it at the time.

The ironic thing is that those very fans who've caused  some of the uncertainty we have now refuse to acknowledge that they had any influence over the matter. Well what was the point of protesting then?

Guest VegasToon

Check www.nufc.co.uk for statement regarding Lucas Neill, they are going to pursue him anymore, not for sale

WTF is that?  :idiot2:

Sounds like West Ham are not happy over Kinnear's comments to the press. They're within their rights too, Kinnear should cut the Redknapp bullshit out.

Why? Noone forces Redknapp to.