The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Sounds like West Ham are not happy over Kinnear's comments to the press. They're within their rights too, Kinnear should cut the Redknapp bullshit out.

Why? Noone forces Redknapp to.

That doesn't mean he's not a cunt for doing it. I don't like our manager doing it, it's below the belt.

Doesn't his contract expire in the summer anyways? So that technically makes him able to talk to clubs now?

If so, I don't see anything illegal about it

I'm sure thats overseas clubs only,  could be wrong.

Doesn't his contract expire in the summer anyways? So that technically makes him able to talk to clubs now?

I'm sure thats overseas clubs only,  could be wrong.

Maybe we tried to get him to buy out his contract a la Gutierrez and they weren't too happy about it.

Yeah, in the Press Conference JFK said he'd spoken to the agent but not West Ham...pretty sure we're not allowed to do that like. Probably someone higher up wishing he'd shut the f*ck up so trying to back-track a bit.

Aye. Reads to me like they've got wind of West Ham being pretty fucked off.

No doubt we'll get in bother for this.

Guest Wally_McFool

Wheres the promised (within 48 hours) news about these Italian and Argentinian loan signings JFK,  you wouldn't be lying to us AGAIN would yer!  :crazy2:

That rule only applies to foreign clubs. Doesn't apply to English clubs until the summer.

This club's bonkers like. No statements for days on end regarding the status of our manager(s) but a bid rejected for Neill is worthy of a statement at 8pm on a Thursday night.

As someone above said, club is blatantly back tracking and may aswell have been an apology to West Ham.

Sounds like West Ham are not happy over Kinnear's comments to the press. They're within their rights too, Kinnear should cut the Redknapp bullshit out.

Agree with this but it does seem ironic that a club that's had 'Appy 'Arry as its manager should be 'astonished'. Mildly surprised, perhaps.

Another fine mess you've gotten me into....

Kinnear releases statements regarding Neill

West Ham phone him up and give him and ear full threatening legal action.

Joe walks into HQ sweating, walks into Lambias office to find Dennis Wise behind his desk playing with a model of St James Park.

JFK - "Wheres Derek?"

Wise - "I dunno, think he stayed at home again..

JFK says nothing looking shifty and still sweating.  "what did you do Joe?"

30 secs later

Wise "Ok lets ring Chris Mort"

30 secs later

NUFC statement released on .co.uk

Guest Darth Toon

Add this to the Rangers denial of any enquiries about Ferguson and JFK is looking like more and more of a clueless muppet with every passing day.

I make it 48 hours up on the loan thing too, and no news? I'm stunned.

Wheres the promised (within 48 hours) news about these Italian and Argentinian loan signings JFK,  you wouldn't be lying to us AGAIN would yer!  :crazy2:

Apparently Kinnear will be running the rule over them in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Tuesday.

Guest Darth Toon

With a flurry of clubs knocking us back or saying players not for sale & JFK saying we are not after them, who remains on the active shopping list?

Fuck knows - he's certainly going to have to be a bit more careful about naming "targets" because these public denouncements must be starting to embarrass even him.

I guess this means we can look forward to more of his cryptic Mystic Meg style prognostications. Latest from JFK:

"I see a man In Cameroon

Who would love to come and join the toon 

With eyes of blue

and hair jet black

he can play on the wing

or at full back....."