The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Knowing Ashley likes a gamble I reckon he is running down the club to increase the odds at the bookies of us staying up.  He will then wack a couple of mill on at odds 25 to 1.  If we stay up he makes a killing of £50m plus his stake back.

I've just had a horrible thought. Maybe he bet big on us to get relegated at the start of the season after we had picked up 4 points in two games?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/22/derek-llambias-move-to-step-up-player-hunt-72703-22752951/

Derek Llambias move to step up player hunt

Jan 22 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED managing director Derek Llambias has moved his office to the club’s training ground to step up efforts to buy new players as time runs out in the transfer window.

Llambias is still in discussions with Peter Lovenkrands’ agent over a move to Tyneside until the end of the season, but so far there have been no new faces through the door at St James’s Park.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear is working with Llambias over transfers as United look to bolster their paper-thin squad before the window slams shut on February 2.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “Derek’s down here on a permanent basis.

“I’ve moved him to the training ground – I wanted him more hands-on.

“We need to be able to move quickly, and it’s easier to coordinate things if we’re working together at the training ground.

“We’ve made bids for a number of players, and we’re waiting to hear from their clubs.”

Lovenkrands’ agent jetted into Tyneside this week after the Dane impressed Kinnear during a behind-closed-doors friendly match with Carlisle United.

The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving German club Schalke 04 last month and is keen to sign.

A source close to the Dane said today: “Peter is desperate to sign for Newcastle and wants to show the fans what he is capable of.”

Guest Darth Toon

How much experience do you think Derek Llambias has of negotiating prices and contracts for Premier League footballers?

Could be interesting....

Efforts doubled there like we are so lucky to have such dedication..

Feb 1st

Lambias says tranfer dealings suffered due to the length of time it took for him to settle into his new office.

impossible, he doesn't talk

He does deals through the medium of mime

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/images/2007/09/24/20070924_i01.jpg

Take Alan Smith and we'll give you 3 million

Guest black n white

NEWCASTLE UNITED managing director Derek Llambias has moved his office to the club’s training ground to step up efforts to buy new players as time runs out in the transfer window.

The quality of the paper cups and string must be better at the training ground, unless he's using morse code.

No Toon talks for Donadel

Fiorentina midfielder Marco Donadel has been tipped to move to Newcastle United, but his agent denies any talks have taken place.

The 25-year-old has been with the Viola since signing from Milan in 2005, but lately he has been less of a regular in the first team.

Recent reports suggested that the No 4 may have a future in England, but Davide Lippi has refuted such claims.

“There is nothing new at the moment, but we are prepared to assess any offers that do arrive,” he told Firenzeviola.it.

“Marco has several suitors, not only in Italy but also abroad, even though he has rarely played this season.

“However, he would like to remain in Florence as he wants to live in the city for a long time.

“There are no concrete offers right now, but there comes a time in every footballer's career when you have to make an inevitable choice...”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan22h.html

Feb 1st

Lambias says tranfer dealings suffered due to the length of time it took for him to settle into his new office.

haha he had to adapt to his new surroundings, learn some of the geordie lingo and try to remember his email password

Feb 1st

Window doesn't shut until 2nd of Feb, but wouldn't actually surprise me if those in charge of our transfer policy even knew that.

No one with any ability wants to sign for us - why the f*** would they? Kinnear can try his bollocks off, Ashley could give us £10/15/20m to spend - no one will come here.

course they would

No one with any ability wants to sign for us - why the f*** would they? Kinnear can try his bollocks off, Ashley could give us £10/15/20m to spend - no one will come here.

course they would

Someone better than what we've got. Why? Why the hell would they come here when we're knee-deep in this shite? Maybe on a loan, aye - but who the fuck is going to commit themselves to a long-term contract who is - like i say, an improvement on what we have?

People really need to lessen their expectations of this window or there's going to be some burst blood vessels on the morning of Feb 2nd.

course they would

Someone better than what we've got. Why? Why the hell would they come here when we're knee-deep in this s****? Maybe on a loan, aye - but who the f*** is going to commit themselves to a long-term contract who is - like i say, an improvement on what we have?

People really need to lessen their expectations of this window or there's going to be some burst blood vessels on the morning of Feb 2nd.

Sounds about right, the window closes at 5pm on the 2nd. Skirge will be setting a new record for use of "fkn" I imagine

course they would

Someone better than what we've got. Why? Why the hell would they come here when we're knee-deep in this s****? Maybe on a loan, aye - but who the f*** is going to commit themselves to a long-term contract who is - like i say, an improvement on what we have?

Sounds about right, the window closes at 5pm on the 2nd. Skirge will be setting a new record for use of "fkn" I imagine

:lol: :lol:

He'll just be like this:

fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn

fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn

fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn cunts the lot of them!  :angry:

course they would

Someone better than what we've got. Why? Why the hell would they come here when we're knee-deep in this shite? Maybe on a loan, aye - but who the fuck is going to commit themselves to a long-term contract who is - like i say, an improvement on what we have?

MBia didnt seem to rule it out. Players will come irrespective of the manager and situaiton, players are meceranies, the way they see it is they get a good wage here and that will always be there base wage no matter who they're sold to, if we go down they get sold.

The agents will always be having a sly word in there ears as well.

good players will come, the problem is whether we're in a position to buy them, I'd imagine we're running the rule over a number of players who spurs are as well, and with spurs in the frame no club will be willing to sell so early when 10 days down the line they could get an extra £3m.

Id be confused if there was a lot fo transfer acitivty going on so early in the window.

Stop acting like a child.

My goodness.

course they would

You mean we dont get to stay up all night???  :'(