The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

We can't afford the guy's wages. Have we learnt nothing?

Saviola is actually a class player though and would be worth the wages he'd be on. Alan Smith on the other hand, isn't anywhere near a class player and therefore isn't worth anywhere near the wages he's on. This is what we need to learn.

Sure, but the wage bill needs to be brought down and unless we somehow offload the likes of Smith, Geremi, and Duff then i don't see how we can do it.

Can't understand the fuss over Saviola, has he ever been a regular striker in the past 5 seasons? and if he's so good how come he seems to be constantly available, but no big teams want him.

Typical NUFC signing.

We can't afford the guy's wages. Have we learnt nothing?

b******!! Keep forgetting about that :(

If Owen goes it won't be a problem.

Saviola won't get what we are currently paying Owen.

I read he`s on 2.5m euros a year.

would be great at least to try and get him on loan. I`m sure Real might even be willing to pay half or part of his wages if it helps get him off their books in a loan deal.

I`m sure we`re not in for him anyways

He got good wages at Real as they signed him on a free. I very much doubt Real are going to loan a player to a club in the richest league in the world & pay bits of his wages.

It speaks volumes that other clubs' transfer rumours thread has more views, pages and replies than this thread.

nothing to do with the fact that there are more "other clubs"?  :lol: :lol:

And it was started in May of last year.

Can't understand the fuss over Saviola, has he ever been a regular striker in the past 5 seasons? and if he's so good how come he seems to be constantly available, but no big teams want him.

Typical NUFC signing.

Other than Real Madrid and Barcelona you mean?!

???

Chill out Kaka you can't win.

We sign a player from a bigger team: "He's past it"

We sign a player from mid-table team: "He's a side ways step"

We sign a player from a smaller team: "He isn't good enough"

Some people will never be happy, let them get on with it. For the record I think it would be sensible to take him on loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

MIDDLESBROUGH were trying to remain hopeful of landing Ben Watson last night, but after failing to agree personal terms at the Riverside Stadium the in-demand midfielder was on the verge of joining Wigan Athletic.

After undergoing a medical at Boro’s Rockliffe Park training base on Thursday, Watson had talks with Wigan boss Steve Bruce yesterday after they also agreed to meet his £2m valuation.

With no confirmation from the JJB Stadium of the proposed transfer, there is still a chance that the move could breakdown, particularly given how another of his admirers, Fulham, are armed with £5.5m from Jimmy Bullard’s switch to Hull City.

Blackburn and even Newcastle United were also considering 11th hour moves for his signature yesterday, but Fulham would provide an opportunity for him to remain close to his London roots, even if Wigan remain favourites.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4073175.Wigan_edge_past_Boro_in_chase_for_Watson/

Guest JamesyJazz

Nice deal with the kid Jamie O'Hara included,if it ever happens.

I've always been a fan of Jimmy Bullard,as I've stated on here before,great worker , an excellent ball player and terrific in a dead ball situation.Age is the only thing imo against him.

Guest kingdawson

Another midfielder with no legs is not what we need, O'Hara too similar to Guthrie and Barton in my opinion.

No legs? You sure you talking about O'Hara?