The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I am.  Was thinking today we need 3 new wingers, 2 central midfielders, a left back (or probably 2 when we ship Enrique), a right back, a centre back and 2 maybe 3 forwards.

Essentially a new team. :lol:

Why would we need three new wingers?  Three forwards is way over the top as well.  I'd say we need a right back, left back, right winger and central midfielder, then a striker, a central defender and another central midfielder needed in the summer once the likes of Owen, Butt, Duff, Cacapa ect will all hopefully be gone.

Not including the players we are blatantly trying to get rid of or want out I reckon we have 8 first players I am happy with and I am counting on Harper signing a new contract in that 8. We would have some decent squad players if we sign 11 or 12 players between now and the start of next season.

Why would we need three new wingers?  Three forwards is way over the top as well.  I'd say we need a right back, left back, right winger and central midfielder, with a striker needed in the summer once Owen goes.

The only good winger we have at the moment who doesn't seem to want out (yet) is Jonas.

In the summer we will have Martins and Ameobi (being kind) that are good enough and want to be here/aren't being ignored.

Why would we need three new wingers?  Three forwards is way over the top as well.  I'd say we need a right back, left back, right winger and central midfielder, with a striker needed in the summer once Owen goes.

The only good winger we have at the moment who doesn't seem to want out (yet) is Jonas.

In the summer we will have Martins and Ameobi (being kind) that are good enough and want to be here/aren't being ignored.

I thought you were talking about this window though?  If you're talking about what we need by the start of next season I'd say we need at least 7 players.  But IMO only 4 are needed this window, still probably far more then we'll get though.

Goalkeepers - Given, Harper, Krul, Forster

Central Defenders - Colo, Bassong, Taylor, Cacapa, Edgar

Left Backs - Enrique

Right Backs - Beye

Right Wing - Jonas (prefer him on the left)

Left Wing - Duff, N'Zogbia

Central Midfield - Barton, Guthrie, Butt, Geremi

Forwards - Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Smith, Carroll, Xisco

Wants out

Not good enough

We are trying to get rid

Thats how bored I am, I apologise to the colour blind.

I did give him the benefit of the doubt as a 4th choice last resort time he isn't the worst player ever.

I think your overly optimistic about Martins staying.

He has made almost as much noise as N'Zogbia about leaving. Unless things improve dramatically I would expect Martins to be pushing Owen to get out of the door first.

I'd think we could get away with 4 more signings this window LB, RB and two CM's. I think we will get two one CM and a full back. Fingers crossed though.

I did give him the benefit of the doubt as a 4th choice last resort time he isn't the worst player ever.

I think your overly optimistic about Martins staying.

He has made almost as much noise as N'Zogbia about leaving. Unless things improve dramatically I would expect Martins to be pushing Owen to get out of the door first.

I'd think we could get away with 4 more signings this window LB, RB and two CM's. I think we will get two one CM and a full back. Fingers crossed though.

Must have missed that.

Guest fading star

What’s happening with our bid for Stephane Mbia?

What bid?

We have put a bid in writing for Stephane Mbia and we are waiting to hear from his club," he said. "We have put a bid in of £5million and we are waiting to see what the outcome of that is."

JK 15/01/09

He hasnt been quite as blatent as N'Zogbia and his agent, but he has constantly been linked with a move away since we signed him and has always said he would consider a move if one was in the offing.

He is at least more professional that N'Zogbia, I dont expect him to be leaving until the summer but if we arent in better shape by the summer im sure he will be one of many seriously looking at his options again.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/12/Prem-Martins-agent-on-future/gnid-35086/

http://www.goal.com/en/news/700/newcastle/2009/01/16/1063610/obafemi-martins-seeking-newcastle-united-exit

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4170819,00.html

Not his fault he has been constanly linked away is it? :lol: I think certain release clauses can take a fair share of the blame there but lets not get into all that  :laugh:

Its like saying Owen has been almost as bad as Smith because he has gone a few games without scoring.

I'm just trying to say (badly) I dont think its anywhere near a certainty Martins will stay past the summer.

I'd expect him to be one of the first out of the door this summer if we dont have a change in fortunes. You have as much reason to put Martins under the "wants out" bracket as you do Owen, infact more.

Guest fading star

I'm just trying to say (badly) I dont think its anywhere near a certainty Martins will stay past the summer.

I'd expect him to be one of the first out of the door this summer if we dont have a change in fortunes. You have as much reason to put Martins under the "wants out" bracket as you do Owen, infact more.

You can be sure of it. He’s on big wages and highly saleable.

I don't think so, Martins wages aren't that high plus he's a young player so his value will only increase.  Contrary to what some people believe Ashley isn't aiming to sell anyone worth selling and then replace them with Championship players..

Guest fading star

I don't think so, Martins wages aren't that high plus he's a young player so his value will only increase.  Contrary to what some people believe Ashley isn't aiming to sell anyone worth selling and then replace them with Championship players..

What's he on? I thought it was about 40kpw.

Guest Heneage

Try double. He's on nigh 90.

Try double. He's on nigh 90.

:nope: