The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Breaking News on SSN that Jimmy Bullard's been told by Fulham that he can leave the club in January.

Think he might be one we look at? Think Portsmouth will be sniffing around him as well.

I think he's played in all of their league games this season so something must have happened for them to come out with this.

Didn't Kinnear say that he's been in contact with a midfielder playing in England and he knows we want him?

Guest timmy boy

How much do you think they would want for Bullard? Got to be around 5-6 million, he's a good player and would improve our midfield.Good dead ball expert as well, not sure how good he is at getting forward though.

Sky Sports News sources understand Jimmy Bullard has been told he can leave Fulham in the January transfer window.

Despite having shown arguably the best form of his career at Craven Cottage it appears Bullard's future lies away from West London.

The former Wigan favourite has this season voiced a desire to engage in contract renewal talks with Fulham, but Roy Hodgson met his request by urging patience.

Earlier this month player and club did sit down for discussions but it would appear an accord has failed to be struck, with Bullard's existing deal having a year-and-a-half left to run.

Hodgson has conceded a big money offer could prove difficult for Fulham to ignore and it now looks as though the club are resigned to losing one of their prized assets.

A number of high-profile top-flight clubs have been linked with an approach for a player who has broken into Fabio Capello's squad of late.

Sky Sports News understands no verbal or written contract offer was ever put to Bullard.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4668926,00.html

Guest Sniffer

Sky Sports News sources understand Jimmy Bullard has been told he can leave Fulham in the January transfer window.

Despite having shown arguably the best form of his career at Craven Cottage it appears Bullard's future lies away from West London.

The former Wigan favourite has this season voiced a desire to engage in contract renewal talks with Fulham, but Roy Hodgson met his request by urging patience.

Earlier this month player and club did sit down for discussions but it would appear an accord has failed to be struck, with Bullard's existing deal having a year-and-a-half left to run.

Hodgson has conceded a big money offer could prove difficult for Fulham to ignore and it now looks as though the club are resigned to losing one of their prized assets.

A number of high-profile top-flight clubs have been linked with an approach for a player who has broken into Fabio Capello's squad of late.

Sky Sports News understands no verbal or written contract offer was ever put to Bullard.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4668926,00.html

I suggested we buy Bullard last summer and got laughed at when i said he's better than anybody we have in our midfield. Not foreign enough I suppose for many on this forum.

Guest icemanblue

No it was down to smartarses who think they know a lot about football but really know fuck all.

:lol:

You're a happy chap, like! Desperate for a bite?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love him here.

Gives his all, great at ball retention, great set piece delivery, great engine. I think he would be a firm fans favourite

Guest Anders Rye

We are not in a position to attract a great foreign playmaker, and not at all in the january window, so Bullard would definetly be one of the best players avalible.

Sky reporting that Fulham said Bullard can go.  We should be in there.  We need better quality in the middle, and Bullard is good quality compared to what we got.

I also think we should gamble on a striker from the championship.  Wolves forwards Ebanks-Blake is worth a go.  He took a while to get scoring at Plymouth, but his final season and a half with Argyle he really starting scoring more regular.  At Wolves he's banged in a lot, must be a 1 every 2 games played.