The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Sport's a free rag given out in London on a Friday... Actually a reasonable read and always has a hot bird in the back with some kind of relevance to one sport or another... Would trust their gossip as much as i trust  :kinnear:, mind

Just how good is the lad?

Have many seen him play?

Ive only seen him once for a full 90, did well I thought, had a nice mix of menace and passing ability, just find it strange

1. noone has picked him up before

2. how he can go from being linked with big money moves to Utd et al, to Bolton and us!

Guest mackas86

how have we got no chance of getting him, if its just us and bolton in the fray then we have every chance, assuming the funds are there

Have many seen him play?

I saw him about 5 times last season when Sporting played Man Utd, Bolton, Rangers etc in europe and didnt really notice him, Sporting were crap in pretty much every game...

Here's a couple of posts on him from people who watch far more Portuguese football than me, and probably everyone else on here....

http://www.footballportugalpodcast.com/?p=58#comments (scroll down a bit)

Have many seen him play?

I saw him about 5 times last season when Sporting played Man Utd, Bolton, Rangers etc in europe and didnt really notice him, Sporting were crap in pretty much every game...

Here's a couple of posts on him from people who watch far more Portuguese football than me, and probably everyone else on here....

Hmm, those aren't exactly winning endorsements are they?

Doesn't sound too good...

He is an awful holding midfielder, he plays in the role like a robot and unlike great players in this role who are anonymous, such as Paulo Assunção, Veloso is hard to miss as this fat lumbering mess of a player is seen always 15 yards away from the ball defending fresh air. The Portuguese media cottoned on that this guy wasn’t the second coming after a truly woeful performance when he played against Switzerland in Euro 2008. He didn’t make a single forward pass in the game and was largely to blame for their loss.

Since the return of Fabio Rochemback to Sporting, Veloso has been told he doesn’t have a hope in hell in playing in the holding midfield position and that if he wants to play regularly for Sporting, he better adapt himself to playing left back, where his performances have been so-so.

Have many seen him play?

Sounds promising

He’s overweight and slow, limited in his play (dead balls ok, short passing ok), and convinced that he’s the best thing since sliced bread - I think he’d rather be a catwalk model than have the bother of playing footy.

If we got Veloso I would hope we would play him alongside a very tough no nonsense sort, as I'm not sure he puts himself about enough for a DM. I really like his passing ability though and his set piece deliveries are class. Lovely left foot.

Got to love the negativity in regards to getting him once he gets linked with us and it turns out we have actually enquired. Bloody pathetic guys. Come on!

If we don't go for him everyone moans. As soon as we hear we are linked with him it is "Oh but he'll never come here etc etc etc""

What is the problem people? Seriously!

Guest NiinaSLO

well LoL amm

Vučkić .. hes a nice boy haha but I cant tell u a lot bout him coz I havent talked to him yet hh xD But I saw him play in our hometown club nd hes quite gwd :) I really hope he wont bii 2 nervous in NU :)

nd yaa I can cook hahahaha but i'm under 18! xD

well yeah nice to meet u all lads on here hh

well LoL amm

Vučkić .. hes a nice boy haha but I cant tell u a lot bout him coz I havent talked to him yet hh xD But I saw him play in our hometown club nd hes quite gwd :) I really hope he wont bii 2 nervous in NU :)

Thanks for the info on him, you would have better off telling this lot you are under 12 to put them off.

:lol:

well LoL amm

Thanks for the info on him, you would have better off telling this lot you are under 12 to put them off.

Im pretty confident that would encourage them.

Guest NiinaSLO

well LoL amm

haha well I'm not under 12.. but u can imagine like tht I am hh xD

btw does any of u have facebook?

well LoL amm

Im pretty confident that would encourage them.