The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

We'll not get Veloso in a month of sundays.

Bet after the window's slammed shut we'll have 1 freebie and 1  loan player in and that's it.

5 Window's now with this lot and nothing amazing has happened in any of them, don't see why people think it's going to change all of a sudden.

Guest Heneage

Veloso has Emre written all over him

Talented, great on the ball, but hides in too many games

Emre was never great on the ball though, or great at anything come to think of it. Although I quite liked Emre as a player and his style, not suited to the English Premier League though. When we signed him and Parker I thought at last we have the right combo, one that would give us at least 5 years. Funny how things work out.

Emre not good on the ball? :doh:

No, I said not great. Learn to read doilum.

Irrespective of the wording, to say he was anything but great on the ball shows a pure lack of good judgement. He was the one midfielder, I liked and feel comfortable when he was on the ball. Emre's only problem was his poor injury record. He'd walk into our team right now, and was a great player to have on the few times we had him. He had pace strength, and I remember one game in particular against Chelsea at home where he gave Lampard the run around. As I said his problem was staying on the pitch outside of that, he was a damn good midfielder.  

Guest Howaythetoon

I can't believe i'm reading some of this s**** :lol:

Veloso is the type of player you can build a team around. If we can get him, Abondo and ANother in this transfer window then i'll be quite happy, despite the lack of Shay Given inbetween our goalposts.

You can't blame people for being negative man, I mean I imagine most haven't even seen the lad play for a start then there is the Hugo Viana, Luque, Boumsong et al thing and of course, the fact that who the fuck is going to be developing these players and building a team around such a player... err Joe Kinnear!

I know, damned if we do, damned if we dont but that's more about the general state of things at the club than anything else. Too many false dawns and hopes...

Guest The Libertine

people were gutted that we didnt sign jimmy f***ing bullard last week and now a £12 million rated international midfielder isnt good enough for some people?

If we splashed 12m on an unknown and inexperienced player (in terms of the Premiership) I'd question why we never went in for Bullard at half the price but double the Prem experience.

almost 30, wants £50k-ish a week, decent at best, ugly mother fucker and he chose hull (which shows his ambition is very questionable).

JUST the type of player we need more of.

I can't believe i'm reading some of this shite :lol:

Veloso is the type of player you can build a team around. If we can get him, Abondo and ANother in this transfer window then i'll be quite happy, despite the lack of Shay Given inbetween our goalposts.

Ahh but Veloso signing means Shay's going to stay haven't you heard?  Vital Footballs the nuts

Guest fading star

Can't believe some are turning their noses up at Veloso.

Can't believe so many people think that he's a genuine transfer target. It's probably all a crock of s***.

Of course it is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up signing for Spurs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Emre was never great on the ball though, or great at anything come to think of it. Although I quite liked Emre as a player and his style, not suited to the English Premier League though. When we signed him and Parker I thought at last we have the right combo, one that would give us at least 5 years. Funny how things work out.

Irrespective of the wording, to say he was anything but great on the ball shows a pure lack of good judgement. He was the one midfielder, I liked and feel comfortable when he was on the ball. Emre's only problem was his poor injury record. He'd walk into our team right now, and was a great player to have on the few times we had him. He had pace strength, and I remember one game in particular against Chelsea at home where he gave Lampard the run around. As I said his problem was staying on the pitch outside of that, he was a damn good midfielder. 

He wasn't great on the ball though hence why I said it you endbell.

I forgot all about Emre, shows the lasting impression he gave me from his time here.  Waste of time that lad.

Bullard is just a mercenary cunt he can fuck off

Too right. He wouldn't have been bad for about half the fee and 40k/week, the deal he's on is just lunacy. No wonder no one else would touch him with a barge pole.

Guest Heneage

Why result to childish insults and try prove your point? Oh that's right you don't have one, and I'm not talking about football.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why result to childish insults and try prove your point? Oh that's right you don't have one, and I'm not talking about football.

Go away and bore some FM online gamer or something.

Guest firetotheworks

Id have liked us to keep Emre IF his injury record hadnt been as bad as what it was. Felt like a waste. Saying that though, the word on the street was that Everton got Arteta because they missed out on Emre, and if they had have got him we were looking at Arteta. I know who I'd prefer.

He was great on the ball, i especially loved it when he would try run at a defense only to get outnumbered, tackled and bring them down with a petty foul.

Guest Heneage

He was great on the ball, i especially loved it when he would try run at a defense only to get outnumbered, tackled and bring them down with a petty foul.

Emre Vs Reading, your move.

Guest ryanegg

I can't see us getting any known players in for big fee's at all. If we even put a bid in for Veloso i'd be hugely suprised.