The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest neesy111

Just to let you know the chat up here north of the border is that Rangers are talking to Newcastle United about offloading Allan McGregor (GK) on us. And that Kris Boyd rumour's still totally dead either from what I gathered. Any other Scottish Mags around who saw this evening's Reporting Scotland? ???

we are not in the market for another keeper we have 4 after given leave's still on the book's with krul and forster highly regarded

Guest johnson293

Can much happen over the weekend then, or will everything kick off on Monday now?

It's all up to whether the staff'll work weekends.

There's nothing realistically stopping us signing players on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm sure Duff signed on a Saturday or Sunday, didn't he?

With the deadline being this Monday, clubs wont want to lose two days of negotiating/Medicals, etc.

Can much happen over the weekend then, or will everything kick off on Monday now?

There's nothing realistically stopping us signing players on Saturday or Sunday.

With the deadline being this Monday, clubs wont want to lose two days of negotiating/Medicals, etc.

The whole point of the deadline being extended to the Monday is that there wouldn't be any days lost.

Guest neesy111

duff signed in july in 2006

Guest johnson293

Aye, and the question was whether the staff would work the weekend to sort out a signing - whether its the summer transfer window or the winter one, the point was that people were around to complete the Duff signing on a saturday/sunday.

EDIT: Just seen gdm post - if he signed on friday, he was unveiled on the saturday then.

Still dont think teams will want to lose two days of potential negotiating/signing just because its a weekend.

Guest Heneage

I'd imagine the weekend being used to agree Fee's. With Monday being a frenzy of agreeing terms and medicals.

I'd imagine the weekend being used to agree Fee's. With Monday being a frenzy of agreeing terms and medicals.

Are hospitals shut on weekends then?

Guest neesy111

Aye, and the question was whether the staff would work the weekend to sort out a signing - whether its the summer transfer window or the winter one, the point was that people were around to complete the Duff signing on a saturday/sunday.

nah he signed on a weekday, as i remember I got duff on my away shirt as i thought he was an excellent signing  :no:

Just to let you know the chat up here north of the border is that Rangers are talking to Newcastle United about offloading Allan McGregor (GK) on us. And that Kris Boyd rumour's still totally dead either from what I gathered. Any other Scottish Mags around who saw this evening's Reporting Scotland? ???

we are not in the market for another keeper we have 4 after given leave's still on the book's with krul and forster highly regarded

And precisely what would you know about it anyway? :dontknow:

Just before a friendly wasn't it - like a couple of hours?

Just after the Intertoto game against some Swedish team iirc.

Somewhere around that sorta time yeah - think we announced it just before we played away Lillestrom.

Guest Heneage

Watching Hamburg.

Colin Benjamin, or Jerome Boateng (Brother of Kevin Prince) both I think would be damn good signings, be nice to get some real beasts in our defense, real physicality, we tend to get bossed by powerful strikers.

Veloso's been left out of Sportings squad, he's not injured but this isn't the first time he hasn't been called. He's just coming back from an injury.

Watching Hamburg.

Colin Benjamin, or Jerome Boateng (Brother of Kevin Prince) both I think would be damn good signings, be nice to get some real beasts in our defense, real physicality, we tend to get bossed by powerful strikers.

Veloso's been left out of Sportings squad, he's not injured but this isn't the first time he hasn't been called. He's just coming back from an injury.

Black power ftw.

The Times say we're close to signing Ryan Taylor and an experienced centre back.

And that's from Caulkin who seems to throw these comments out every now and again without any fanfare and is quite on the mark most times.  I fully expect an experienced center back to tarrive.

Guest Stephen927

Not sure how desperate we are for centre backs, though I guess if Coloccini were to miss a game, Cacapa would sharp remind us our need for another defender.