The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I'm happy for Cisse as I've always rated him. It's just a shame he's doing this at Sunderland.

Was clearly going to flourish playing alongside a proper target man like Jones, for the first time in his career. Previously he's been used to much as a lone striker and it doesn't really suit him as he isn't great at holding the ball up and working hard for 90 against a pair of centre backs.

Wouldn't mind Mbia either, also a young good player from the french league who's going to leave for next season, if not in january..

Supposed to be interested in Sissoko although I read we've been priced out of a move as they want over 10 million euros for him.

Whether that will drop to a more realistic price in January we will have to wait and see.

Have you seen Sissoko play? I haven't to be honest, only thing i know is that he's a defensive midfielder. Probably in the same mould as Diarra, Diarra, Diarra, Diarra, Mbia and so on? Fuck me there's many Diarra's

Thats just verbal Diarra!!

Did Sunderland have an option to buy?

They have a option for £8 million option (they have already paid £2 million): "The France international flies in to Wearside to secure a loan deal from Marseille, which could result in a £8million move from the former French champions at the end of the season."

Is Edgar now the only Canadian in the Premier League?

Owen Hargreaves is Canadian, even though he plays for England.

Edit: There are also other Canadians signed to Premier League teams, although they're either on loan or in youth squads:

Derrick Bassi – Boro

Asmir Begovic – Portsmouth

Shaun Saiko – Boro

Adam Street – West Ham

Guest sicko2ndbest

stalteri... not good... but not very bad either like carr... should be good cover for beye.

signed for borussia muuunnnncccchhheennnggglllaaaddddbbbaaaccchhh