The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Contract talks have broken down between him and Betis and this has alerted  Kinnear to pick his interest up in him again. The defeners contract expires in June 2009 and he wants the next one to be 'the one of his life'. He says that his first choice would be Betis and that he'd like to stay there for another 3 or 4 seasons but 'it cannot be'.

The fact that we have Xisco and Jose Enrique will be a plus for him but we'll face competition from Atletico Madrid and Villareal.

Contract talks have broken down between him and Betis and this has alerted  Kinnear to pick his interest up in him again. The defeners contract expires in June 2009 and he wants the next one to be 'the one of his life'. He says that his first choice would be Betis and that he'd like to stay there for another 3 or 4 seasons but 'it cannot be'.

The fact that we have Xisco and Jose Enrique will be a plus for him but we'll face competition from Atletico Madrid and Villareal.

Who does that remind us of? ;)

Sakho is an interesting link, wouldnt want to see our back 4 broken up though and id want to see him play in his best position which would mean Collo or Bassong moving out the team. Still though, if he's gonna imporve the team then fuck it, would still ike to see more links with midfielders though.

Weren't we linked with Simon Vukcevic at Sporting L. a while ago under KK? He wouldn't be impossible or extremely expensive. Could play as an ACM and  in the role between the striker and midfield. Has some nice skills and scores a few goals. And born the same year as Bassong and N'Zogbia.

He would add som creativity to our midfield while also giving us the option of playing him further up front.

Him and Mbia from Rennes and some cover for the LB position to push/not replace Enrique (unless we can afford Sakho) and i will be happy for the rest of the season ;)

Charles N’Zogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle United’s dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchman’s services.

N’Zogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

N’Zogbia told L’Equipe: “After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

“I don’t think it’s possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as I’m there, but I’d like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.”

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks N’Zogbia is happy at St James’ Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: “Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

“He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/23/Prem-NZogbia-wants-to-leave/gnid-32699/#comments

:(

Charles N’Zogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle United’s dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchman’s services.

N’Zogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

N’Zogbia told L’Equipe: “After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

“I don’t think it’s possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as I’m there, but I’d like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.”

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks N’Zogbia is happy at St James’ Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: “Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/23/Prem-NZogbia-wants-to-leave/gnid-32699/#comments

:lol:

I smell bs.

Charles NZogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle Uniteds dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchmans services.

NZogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

NZogbia told LEquipe: After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

I dont think its possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as Im there, but Id like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks NZogbia is happy at St James Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.

I smell bs.

The same story is being run in the Sun but with a headline "N'Zogbia ready to stay at Toon"  :lol:

Bassong: Charles N'Zogbia likely to stay at NUFC

SÉBASTIEN Bassong is convinced Charles N’Zogbia will stay at Newcastle United despite the youngster’s previous attempts to leave St James’s Park.

The two Frenchmen have become good friends at United following Bassong’s summer arrival from Metz and the defender believes his fellow France Under-21 international is happy and settled on Tyneside.

N’Zogbia has been on the verge of leaving the club in the last three transfer windows, with his agent Willie McKay claiming both Fulham and Tottenham wanted to take him to London.

But, while there may still be interest in the winger – who has had a major impact on the side since replacing the injured Damien Duff in the January window – it looks as though N’Zogbia would like to stay put.

“Charles is happy at Newcastle,” said Bassong. “The business of the transfer is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you that he is happy. What is in the future I don’t know. He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.

“When I first arrived Charles helped me settle and he is one of my good friends here. He has been here for four years. He knows the city, the club and he helps me.

“He takes me to the cinema, different places. He tells me what is good and what isn’t. He has advised me and it’s the same for Habib Beye. I played with Charles for the Under-21s.”

N’Zogbia, who is contracted to Newcastle until 2012, has had a sulky reputation since he broke into the Newcastle first team, but the 22-year-old, Sir Bobby Robson’s final signing for Newcastle, has begun to lighten up this season.

The presence of the more relaxed and outgoing Bassong may have had a positive impact and the centre-back is relishing life at the club.

Although signed as “one for the future” by former manager Kevin Keegan, the defender has flourished under Joe Kinnear and has built an excellent partnership with the more experienced Fabricio Coloccini at the heart of a back four which has conceded in just two of its last five games.

That form has been enough to keep England Under-21 captain Steven Taylor on the substitutes’ bench and Bassong is thrilled with how things have developed for him this season.

He said: “I feel very good in my favourite position. It’s been a fantastic move for me and I’m really enjoying it. I’m not surprised with how quickly I have adapted to the Premier League. I have worked hard since I arrived. I’m adapting well, but it’s not all about me. It’s about my team-mates who have helped me settle.

“I don’t think that the fans think I am the main man, they just think that I’m doing well. I have my moments, maybe I’m lucky, but it’s all about the team.

“I really enjoy it at Newcastle, for the moment it’s great here. It’s an amazing club with an amazing team.

“All I want is to play more games. Joe gives confidence to me. He puts me on the pitch and I say thanks to him.

“He is a good a manager and he has made it good for us all here. He thinks I’m professional and that I should know what I have to do.

“He advises me during the game and he knows I’m young. I have to keep my concentration up.”

However, although the 2-1 win over Tottenham has lifted Newcastle up to 12th in the table, Bassong warned they are not clear of relegation danger yet.

He said: “We are very confident now. It’s too early to look at the top half. We have just come out of the bottom and we have to concentrate on playing well every game, not our position.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/23/bassong-charles-n-zogbia-likely-to-stay-at-nufc-61634-22535045/

in this window we should focus on signing 2 box to box cm...and not too old please!

I would prefer if we tried to sign young players for backup at LB and RB....dont fancy juanito (without knowing to much about him except his age)

SACK WISE

in this window we should focus on signing 2 box to box cm...and not too old please!

I would prefer if we tried to sign young players for backup at LB and RB....dont fancy juanito (without knowing to much about him except his age)

SACK WISE

Doubt we'll sign anyone if we sack Wise. He's signed some good players too

SACK WISE

true...but hopefully he will leave in the summer when we appoint shearer! Long term the manager does his job along with his own scouts!

SACK WISE

true...but hopefully he will leave in the summer when we appoint shearer! Long term the manager does his job along with his own scouts!

Yeah, the scouts this year have been sh*t......