The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

just because im not crying like a bitch about being "omg!! relegated" because we didnt spend £60 million? the squad HAS improved. like ive said many times, not by a huge margin, but its better. if you look at other clubs around us in the table you'll be surprised at how badly some of them have done.

as for the scouting thing, we've signed about 5 promising youngsters from around the world this window and improved the squad a bit on a very tight budget. i wasnt expecting miracles, it appears some people were.

Tripe like that really doesn't help your argument.

ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions.

Talk of a contract offer for Kinnear was simply to assure any potential new players that Kinnear was here and that there would be a degree of stability for them. Nothing more than that. Kinnear was desperate enough to take the job in the first place, no way would he delay talks over a new deal, and no way will he walk away from his wage packet.

Just you wait.. You might be "pleasantly surprised".. :)

Can someone explain why it says on sky news we :

14.46 Newcastle have reportedly failed in a bid to swap Spurs' Darren Bent with Obafemi Martins.

This has to be a joke

Made up by Sky, denied by Newcastle.

Guest The Libertine

just because im not crying like a bitch about being "omg!! relegated" because we didnt spend £60 million? the squad HAS improved. like ive said many times, not by a huge margin, but its better. if you look at other clubs around us in the table you'll be surprised at how badly some of them have done.

as for the scouting thing, we've signed about 5 promising youngsters from around the world this window and improved the squad a bit on a very tight budget. i wasnt expecting miracles, it appears some people were.

there's about 100 pages of people screaming "omg fucking buy anyone!!!!" "who? fuck it, buy him!!"

they're almost suicidal because we havent significantly improved the squad on a very small budget.

Miracles? Who the f*** was expecting miracles?

We were lacking both quality AND quantity this window, but sorting out quantity would have been enough to keep us up in the short term. We needed bodies pure and simple.

Here's the cold, hard facts: our main relegation rivals, Hull, West Brom, Stoke, Portsmouth, and Blackburn have all strengthened majorly in this window or at least made an effort to shore up their weaknesses.

We've gone and made a f***ing profit.

Idiocity of the absolute highest order.

ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions.

More like a straw man to me like.

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

But we did have money apparently two £8 mill bids knocked back.

But we f***ed up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

if the money was there then surely kinnear should be getting it in the neck? he's been banging on about wanting money and his bidding for players for weeks.

No fan of Kinnear but to believe he is in charge of deals with the present structure at the club is cloud cuckoo land.

i think he is because (im fairly certain that) if he wasnt, we'd have done a bit better.

But we did exactly the same at last years window under Keegan.

Whose the commom link I wonder?

keegan said he was happy with the squad at the end of the window. we cant argue with him.

Sorry mate but that's complete bollocks. KK may have said that (can't remember) but you seriously  believe it??

Why do you think he walked oot.

im not going into all that  :aww:

but if keegan says the squad was good enough then who are we to argue? he always tells the truth.

He also said Milner was not for sale and a couple of days later the Milner money would be reinvested in the squad. Seems like he was made to say a lot of things in his last week at the club, which might go a long way towards explaining why he walked..

Guest NobbyOhNobby

As far as the communication side is concerned, I'm not that bothered we never hear from Ashley personally, its more that we never hear anything from anyone.

Kinnear will no doubt come out with some bullshit "Oh Michael Johnson was signed sealed and delivered but then his dog fell over and we had to cancel the deal because the vets is in Alderley Edge"

Llambias should be the figurehead to at least give us some information as to what's going on, but I don't even know what his voice sounds like. You never hear from Abramovich, but you hear from Bruce Buck and Peter Kenyon. You never hear from the Glazers, but you hear from Edwards. You never hear from Hicks or Gillett, but you hear from Parry.

Its just a joke that there is literally no communication from top to bottom, just the half-backed ramblings of Kinnear who'll say anything cos he appreciates he's the luckiest bloke in the world that he's even got a job let alone the fucking Newcastle job!

We just need someone to divulge the craic, doesn't have to be Ashley himself.

Next we'll hear oba's found it Newcastle were looking to offload him and no longer cares to play for the club  :frantic:

Does anyone remember when Souness tried to offload Bellamy to Portsmouth in a swap for Yakubu.  Created big style drama that did, i don't want a repeat performance!

Guest firetotheworks

there's about 100 pages of people screaming "omg f***ing buy anyone!!!!" "who? f*** it, buy him!!"

they're almost suicidal because we havent significantly improved the squad on a very small budget.

What a load of fabricated bollocks. All of it, every single word of it.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

But we did have money apparently two £8 mill bids knocked back.

But we f***ed up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

if the money was there then surely kinnear should be getting it in the neck? he's been banging on about wanting money and his bidding for players for weeks.

No fan of Kinnear but to believe he is in charge of deals with the present structure at the club is cloud cuckoo land.

i think he is because (im fairly certain that) if he wasnt, we'd have done a bit better.

What makes you so fairly certain of that?

from some of the deals in the summer. if wise and co did do the most of the work in the last window then i think they'd have done a decent job in this window.

Why are you willing to defend every single failure that is apparent.

It is quite clear Ashley is the one who set up the club as it currently is, his actions led to us finding Kinnear in the first place. He put wise in place, Llambias in place, set up our entire scouting system all of which has amounted to us having to phone clubs up on managing to get two players from that.

In other words after an entire season of scouting they found lovenkrands.

How in the fck could this NOT be Ashleys fault. Wake up.

No ones expecting 60 million are they. The squad having improved is incredibly debatable & many would disagree. Other clubs around us are not newcastle having just got a transfer kitty of 18 mill are they.

Signing youngsters is of no use in the fcking january transfer window when we;re fighting relegation.

Im afraid you just come off as complete clueless.

it has improved. ive said how in other posts.

no, but they are clubs we're fighting against, so it entirely relevant how they've done compared to us. (btw, we got most of that money on the last 2 days of the window. again, miracles.)

so we shouldnt be signing promising youngsters then? i agree the first team was priority but we have a manager to tend to that area.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Completely underwhelmed

If it really was Ashley emailing Craig this morning he wants fucking for bringing attention to himself when he has no news

My heart wanted to believe, but my head said that with the JK, DL and MA in charge  i was going to be dissapointed

there's about 100 pages of people screaming "omg f***ing buy anyone!!!!" "who? f*** it, buy him!!"

Libertine, please explain "very small budget" we just sold given and zog for around 14/16 mill. We spent about 5.

Perhaps the money was there, perhaps our scouting system failed, perhaps our negotiators are crap & failed at their jobs or Ashley, a man quite obviously clueless about football, is gambling on the idea that these signings are good enough to improve a side with 14 injuries.

Perhaps there are many many far more likely & understandable positions to take than the load of nonsense you're spaffing out and the rest of us are ligitamately annoyed for a good reason.

Guest Stephen927

Is anyone else clinging to miniscule possilibilty that theres been a transfer that hasnt been concluded yet? I am.

Yes. :)

We've gone and made a f***ing profit.

Idiocity of the absolute highest order.

I see you're someone else who thinks we wanted to sell Given and Insomnia.

I'm not defending the lack of players incoming fwiw.

Completely underwhelmed

If it really was Ashley emailing Craig this morning he wants fucking for bringing attention to himself when he has no news

My heart wanted to believe, but my head said that with the JK, DL and MA in charge  i was going to be dissapointed

maybe he really is laughing at us

We started the season with a thin squad, limped to January with a thin squad.  We haven't addressed the original issues from summer, pissed about all month allowed two players to leave and brought in two along with Lovenkrands on a free as he had no club.

Is it enough, fuck knows.  Am I worried.

YUP.