The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Newcastle are chasing Watford's 20-year-old goalscoring midfielder John-Joe O'Toole. (Various)

the reason Wise has been watching Watford?

Another budget signing.

you're never happy are you

Why would we be looking for "ones for the future" if Ashley has all these intentions to sell?

Because as long as he's here his "system" still functions, until a new owner sets up a new set-up for how to run things. He'll just not fund transfers with his own money.

He wasn't funding transfers with the club's money, never mind his own.

So where did the £9 million net that Allardyce claimed we spent come from then? ???

Got most of it back on Luque I believe and even if we didn't... £9m. Watch out City. :lol:

That's the article where Allardyce said Ashley was only in it for the money and wasn't interested in giving funds to the manager?

Big Sam was also right then wasn't he, shame hardly anybody believed him.

Why would we be looking for "ones for the future" if Ashley has all these intentions to sell?

Because as long as he's here his "system" still functions, until a new owner sets up a new set-up for how to run things. He'll just not fund transfers with his own money.

He wasn't funding transfers with the club's money, never mind his own.

So where did the £9 million net that Allardyce claimed we spent come from then? ???

Got most of it back on Luque I believe and even if we didn't... £9m. Watch out City. :lol:

That's the article where Allardyce said Ashley was only in it for the money and wasn't interested in giving funds to the manager?

We sold Luque when Allardyce was here tbh so I don't see why any fee for him would not be apart of the £9 million net.

Still a pretty big jump from nothing to £9 million, lets hope whoever comes in next spends the same as City have been doing though.

Nah, just enough to not get relegated will do me at the moment. I know you're confident that we're good enough to finish top 10 though so it stands to reason that you think he's spending enough.

Where did I say I think he's spending enough?

I think it's clear that we needed a few more bodies in than we got, but since our squad has been shit for years I'm used to being in a position where we never fill every position that's needed in one window, I hope you follow this same way of thinking when new people take over that if we don't fill every single position we're short in then all of the toys come out of the pram.

As for finishing top 10, if we had got a decent manager in when Keegan stormed off in a huff then I'd have been confident that a top 10 finish was possible, but with all of the fans kicking off and Ashley agreeing to sell the club then it's not been possible.

oh dear. I'm sure you must be happy that the DOF is doing a great job. We should have a great team in 5 years when all these super kids become the new Gazza.

Fuck off back to the other thread.

aren't you going to instruct someone to respond to me in the other thread ?

Those posts here in this one are thread related, and if anything, I completely agree with your post at `1243 yesterday.

Anyone have some solid info about this Beckford dude, isnt he up at like 18 goals now?

Lower league player but he seems to have some canny finishes.

don't think he'll cut it in the Prem plus Bates will be loath to get rid espec to us/Wise.

Those posts here in this one are thread related, and if anything, I completely agree with your post at `1243 yesterday.

oh dear.

Podolski has apparently come out and said he definitely wants out of Bayern.

Would have liked to have thought we'd have possibly shown an interest in him if things were stable and (for want of a better word) normal, but alas we've no chance now.

Would have liked to have thought we'd have possibly shown an interest in him if things were stable and (for want of a better word) normal, but alas we've no chance now.

After goalkeeper and left-back (;)), a striker is the last thing we need in fairness.

After goalkeeper and left-back (;)), a striker is the last thing we need in fairness.

Owen and Viduka package deal for Podolski in January and we're laughing.

Guest Heneage

I would trade Podolski for Viduka and money, but Viduka AND Owen is madness.

I dont understand why people wanna see Owen go away really, and i dont even like Owen that much.

And for gods sake, why would they want Viduka?  :lol:

The last thing Bayern need is a paceless striker!

There's no gurantee that Podolski would want to come or even try, it appears he's going to move inside Germany if rumours are lead to be believed.

I'd be highly suprised if we brought in any permanent signings. Hopefully though, we can secure a few loans. There's generally very little Premier League business done in January.

oh dear.

this is your only contribution to this thread isn't it ?

Guest Stephen927

the powers that be decided we needed an injured midfielder and another striker instead  O0

The can of worms has been opened, good team work mate  :lol:

oh dear.

this is your only contribution to this thread isn't it ?

oh dear.

Kinnear has even named Riise as one of the players he wants in the Chronicle tonight.

"We have been in touch with Roma to see what kind of package they are looking at for Riise. We are waiting to hear back from them".

He also named Song, Djourou & Denilson as players he'd enquired about from Arsenal.

Guest firetotheworks

Kinnear has even named Riise as one of the players he wants in the Chronicle tonight.

"We have been in touch with Roma to see what kind of package they are looking at for Riise. We are waiting to hear back from them".

He also named Song, Djourou & Denilson as players he'd enquired about from Arsenal.

Argh I fuckin hate Riise. I hope we dont get him and have to get someone else. If we get Riise we'll have to put up with him shooting from miles out and missing every time, he cant defend anymore either. Thats why Benitez played him on the left wing in his last season and a bit.