The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Heneage

NUFC trail German striker Ashkan Dejagha

NEWCASTLE United are hot on the trail of Wolfsburg’s Germany under-21 international striker Ashkan Dejagah – just in case they lose Michael Owen at the end of the season

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/05/nufc-trail-german-striker-ashkan-dejagha-72703-22188092/

If the scouts are watching Wolfsburg, I hope they will put in a bid for Grafite.

i've penciled him in.

Spanish left-back Jose Enrique could leave Newcastle in January despite the Magpies' shortage of players. (Daily Star)

Newcastle are monitoring the form of Blackburn full-back Stephen Warnock but Manchester City are also interested. (Daily Star)

Guest mackas86

its reported benayoun is wanting out of liverpool unless he is played, might be worth enquring about come january as he would offer us something different then duff or butt

its reported benayoun is wanting out of liverpool unless he is played, might be worth enquring about come january as he would offer us something different then duff or butt

To be fair to him, I'm sure we haven't heard of him.

:lol:

Guest mackas86

think the scousers paid 5-6 million for him, bung an offer in for 3.5 million and see what they say to that , he aint a world beater but id take him for good competition in midfield

Saw that today, Benayoun would be excellent. I'd try for Gelson and Onuoha from Citeh as well, they seem to fit the youngsters bill and both would improve our team.

3 very good shouts. Onuoha would be good cover for Beye and Gelson would easily replace Butt.

I'd be tempted to start Onuoha alongside Colo, not the most composed but excellent no-nonsense defender. Gelson has looked a very classy CM from the little I've seen of him at Citeh and Swiss. Don't think either will be getting much of a look in post-Jan there.

daniel sturridge, michael johnson, maybe even elano worth a look at too, especially sturridge as he is out of contract soon

They'll keep Sturridge and Johnson imo. Elano might be worth a shot, don't reckon we'll spend that sort of money though, as his price will have gone up since arrival.

I can understand players not wanting to come to us on a permanent transfer while our ownership/manager situation is up in the air but we should be able to get players in on loan. We may even be able to loan players from top teams. We're no threat to them. Having said that, Gonzalez uses up one of our allowed loan players.

Spanish left-back Jose Enrique could leave Newcastle in January despite the Magpies' shortage of players. (Daily Star)

Newcastle are monitoring the form of Blackburn full-back Stephen Warnock but Manchester City are also interested. (Daily Star)

Really would take the fucking piss if Kinnear was allowed to sign Warnock. :lol:

these little bastards who'd rather Kinnear then Avram need to be reminded there's a transfer window looming

In that case it wouldn't matter who was boss because the manager at NUFC doesn't have any say whatsoever in who comes into or leaves the club.

Apparently.