The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest LucaAltieri

Linked with  Nedum Onuoha, would be ideal IMO.

66 apps in 4 years for City according to Wiki.

Chinedum "Nedum" Onuoha (born 12 November 1986 in Warri, Nigeria) is an English footballer. He currently plays for Manchester City and the England national under-21 football team, though appearances have been limited due injuries. He is a defender, typically a centre back, but he can also play at right-back or left-back.

if he wants to sell colo and jonas then you have to back your manager to do what he thinks is right. the error in that example is not in backing the judgement of the manager, it's in hiring a crap manager in the first place, a problem which is exacerbated by not releasing funds, forcing him to sell off two of our better players. not that i believe the above will happen.

Was there anyting more on the Sakho rumour ?

I don't think there has been anything more on it. Just the same stories from 21-24 December.

Cheers, was probably pure press speculation as PSG were reported to be after Zoggy shame though Sakho would be a great signing.

We should tell Citeh that Given is for sale only if they take Owen for a good price as well. £19m for both, in two years both players will be worth next to nothing, last time to get good money out of them, and Citeh being the only team with unlimited money and in need of star players.

Guest Phil K

The Hammers want £15mill for Upson, fkn hell I know they have money problems but get a grip, £15mil,l my arse!!

They must hope Man City's arabs are interested - no, he isn't worth HALF of £15 m.

We should tell Citeh that Given is for sale only if they take Owen for a good price as well. £19m for both, in two years both players will be worth next to nothing, last time to get good money out of them, and Citeh being the only team with unlimited money and in need of star players.

if we get rid of both given and owen this month then we're going down.

if we get rid of both given and owen this month then we're going down.

Na, not imo.

Harper is about 80% as good as Given in all areas, that will do till end of season.

Owen's not created a goal for several seasons, misses a hat full when he gets the opportunity, and wouldn't be missed if we shopped well.

Guest LucaAltieri

Tell citeh they can have Owen and given if we get Nedum and Sturridge with some wanga.

Nedum, Sturridge & Johnson & Hart no cash.

Richards, Nedum & Ireland

Yes please. We'd have no hope in hell of getting Ireland to sign, though.

if the rumours are to be believed we're not even clever enough to try and fleece these fucknut rich arabs with 2 players they probably want, even though we've just watched bridge go for that stupid fee

if JFK is in charge of transfers i personally believe the championship/ferguson type targets...

I'd definetly be asking Man City about some form of swap deal for Given if they are indeed intrested. Schmeichel, Onuoha, Johnson or Sturridge would be nice. Ireland would be ideal for the midfield, but in all honesty I think we're going to struggle to attract that calibre of player anymore, even if he isn't a world beater.

Guest LucaAltieri

What about Richards and Johnson

Skirges' post was obviously pure fantasy. I just thought it was worth mentioning that I'd blow my load if we were in for Ireland.