The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest sicko2ndbest

The problem i have with Ferguson is that i see him being very similar to Butt. We still have no dynamism, power or presence in the middle of the park

The problem i have with Ferguson is that i see him being very similar to Butt. We still have no dynamism, power or presence in the middle of the park

Like I said though, as long as he's not the only midfielder coming in, he'll be canny I reckon. If it's a straight replacement for Barton though and that's it, then yeah, that's pretty shocking.

If it is for 2.5mil its an ok deal!

Not if Barton goes to Pompey for £2m (as is being rumoured)

Agree

As long as Barry Ferguson isn't the only central-midfielder to come in, it is a good deal imo.

Remember hearing something similar in the summer.

If Barry Ferguson comes in and takes Guthrie's place i'll hit the roof

Kinnear may be completely inept, but as Bassong > Taylor indicates he's not insane.

Butt v Guthrie would be such an obvious choice... If he gets that wrong there's just no hope.

he's chosen Butt over Guthrie before and he'll do it again

If Barry Ferguson comes in and takes Guthrie's place i'll hit the roof

Kinnear may be completely inept, but as Bassong > Taylor indicates he's not insane.

Butt v Guthrie would be such an obvious choice... If he gets that wrong there's just no hope.

he's chosen Butt over Guthrie before and he'll do it again

I'm not sure if he would on recent form. Guthrie's probably been our best player over this last couple of weeks and I don't think Butt's shitness will have gone completely unnoticed.

Clubs in bidding war for Alan Smith.  ???

If Downing goes for silly money then we should take the piss.

And ask for money for him ? :undecided:

:lol:

If they've got £16m burning a hole in their shellsuits then why not try it on? Got nothing to lose by asking for £5m and settling for about £4m. I think they'd go for it. 

:lol:

If they've got £16m burning a hole in their shellsuits then why not try it on? Got nothing to lose by asking for £5m and settling for about £4m. I think they'd go for it. 

Definitely worth a punt  :laugh:

Come to think of it Ferguson is quite similar to Guthrie in style and really not what we need at all. We need an athletic ball winner to do the dirty work. Our 'scouts' should be scouring the french league for this sort of player imo.