FA rescind Beye red card

Dave

What a load of toss, Baggio. The guy is through on goal, he is GOING to score. The natural instinct is to try and stop this from happening, so he makes the tackle. He did nothing wrong whatsoever, i cannot think of many defenders that would not attempt the tackle there, and they'd want lynching if so, for being half-arsed feckers. It's just a plain kick in the nuts that the tackle was absolutely spot on.

This anti-Beye thing you've got going on is pretty bizarre tbh, considering he's the best right-back we've had at the club for as long as i've supported them (which granted, isn't as long as many). That really is picking the bones out of it. Criticising him for making a last ditch attempt at a tackle? Come off it, he's human.

Do yourself a favour man and ignore him.

If you don't agree with them then ignore them O0.

I know your game.  :shifty:

don't expect a reply

Can't believe how many usually sensible posters are getting involved in Baggio's wind up here :lol:

I'm not winding anyone up.

If you attempt to tackle someone from behind in the box when you're the last man then you run the risk of getting yourself sent off, even if you do get the ball.

The refs have been clamping down on tackles from behind over the last few years and you usually see a few freekicks given throughout the game for it even if you do win the ball.

just because he was 'running the risk' doesnt mean he deserved to have a penalty given and be sent off. that was a good tackle, and he didnt hurt robinho or ever risk hurting him. it takes just as much judgement and timing to to do that as it does to lob the keeper, it should be encouraged and applauded, not punished.

Guest timmy boy

Do we have to apply to get it rescinded or do they just do it if the F.A  realise the ref made a mistake  and do it automatically?

What a load of toss, Baggio. The guy is through on goal, he is GOING to score. The natural instinct is to try and stop this from happening, so he makes the tackle. He did nothing wrong whatsoever, i cannot think of many defenders that would not attempt the tackle there, and they'd want lynching if so, for being half-arsed feckers. It's just a plain kick in the nuts that the tackle was absolutely spot on.

This anti-Beye thing you've got going on is pretty bizarre tbh, considering he's the best right-back we've had at the club for as long as i've supported them (which granted, isn't as long as many). That really is picking the bones out of it. Criticising him for making a last ditch attempt at a tackle? Come off it, he's human.

Well done Habib Beye for being better than Carr, Hughes and Griffin.

Picking the bones again, then. Class counter-argument. :thup:

I can't take seriously what you're saying about him tonight, so i'll just ask: what've you got against him like? The fact that he's not a particularly good crosser of the ball? That for me, is his only real weakness.

I've got nothing against him apart from I don't think he's that good.

If Steven Taylor made that tackle in the box then reactions would be completely different, fair enough he got a slight touch on the ball but you can't make tackles from behind anywhere on the pitch so to make one in the penalty box is daft.

I can't take seriously what you're saying about him tonight, so i'll just ask: what've you got against him like? The fact that he's not a particularly good crosser of the ball? That for me, is his only real weakness.

If Steven Taylor made that tackle in the box then reactions would be completely different, fair enough he got a slight touch on the ball but you can't make tackles from behind anywhere on the pitch so to make one in the penalty box is daft.

wasn't from behind in that sense

wasnt from behind anyway, if we're gonna get technical about it, it was from the side

Taylor should have cut the through ball out, was caught on his heels yet again. Shame as he had a very good game after that.

The difference is that if it was Steve Taylor making that tackle it would have been a foul, penalty and a red card.  Beye made it and the wrong decision was made by a bloke standing on the half way line.

Of course it was from behind, unless his leg bends the other way.

the tackle was with his right and doesn't hit the back of the player. the trailing leg doesn't his the player at all.  technically not classed as a tackle from behind.

wheres mosely when you neede him ?

His foot touched the ball before any of him touched the man, how can you do that from behind?  Give over man, it was a cracking tackle.  The ref wasn't in any position to see it, it should have been the linesman's call.

EDIT: And I got a text from a City fan saying it was never a fucking penalty for fucks sake.

His foot touched the ball before any of him touched the man, how can you do that from behind?  Give over man, it was a cracking tackle.  The ref wasn't in any position to see it, it should have been the linesman's call.

you can do it from behing if the tackling leg goes round but the trailing leg goes through the player..........which didn't happen in this case.

Guest neesy111

a tackle from behind is when you go through the player first, hence why there was a clamp down

baggio: how the fuck can you say it was a penalty when EVERY other newcastle fan say's it wasn't along with 95% of commnentators, unless you are getting personal differences in the way, in which case you are then maybe you shouldn't support the toon then

the tackle was with his right and doesn't hit the back of the player. the trailing leg doesn't his the player at all.  technically not classed as a tackle from behind.

Mosely reckons it won't be rescinded. Talked to him in the pub after the game. :(

a tackle from behind is when you go through the player first, hence why there was a clamp down

baggio: how the fuck can you say it was a penalty when EVERY other newcastle fan say's it wasn't along with 95% of commnentators, unless you are getting personal differences in the way, in which case you are then maybe you shouldn't support the toon then

Where did I say it was a penalty?

Mosely reckons it won't be rescinded. Talked to him in the pub after the game. :(

wait till he's watched it a couple of more times and i've threatened him

I think it was wrong but I don't think they'll rescind it...

I think it was wrong but I don't think they'll rescind it...

i think they will as there is an angle which is very conclusive that it was a clean tackle.

would you care to expand for all on the tackle from behind rule ?

"Habib got the ball but it was a difficult one for the ref to call because it was a tackle from behind. But Rob Styles has agreed to look at it again and I'm hopeful of getting the red card rescinded."

As Chez was saying.

I was looking straight at the incident and it was a clean tackle. Styles f***ed up and I just hope he's big enough to admit he made a mistake and rescind it.

Has he ever though? One incident that sticks out for me was the pen he gave Liverpool against Sheff Utd, and even though there was obviously no contact and Gerrard had jumped over the player to then dive, he still tried to justify his decision. Awful refereeing from an awful referee tbh.

As soon as he gave the penalty, he had to give the red card.

Basically, if they rescind the red card they're saying that the referee got the penalty decision wrong, which they won't do.

The only way Beye will be free to play, is if Rob Styles rescinds it himself, and the chances of that are small.