Andy Carroll signs new 3.5 year contract

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

If I was going to offer him anything it would be a one year extension with a higher appearance fee.

Yeah, agree entirely. :undecided: He's done alright in very few appearances... we've made these sort of mistakes countless times before. There's a chance that next season he'll be fifth or sixth choice again.

Well that way he gets the wage increase but it means he's striving to get in the first team more.

if the details of the contract that were in the Sunday Sun are true then i'm not suprised he isn't signing it.  Agree with previous posts regarding the length of the deal, no way should we be handing him a 5 yr deal, a 2 yr extension on his current deal would be a better option.

The one he's been offered would mean he'd be almost 25 and be on barely 10k per week,  which when he looks and sees he's probably jumped ahead of the likes of SHola and Xisco and see's what there on you'd be a bit miffed!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Ebolarama

Do they think this will appease people because he's a geordie?

Worked when they appointed Keegan. For about 5 minutes. Hah.

Guest Ebolarama

Strikers with first team experience we know will definitely be here next season:

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

A mouthwatering prospect to anticipate on a rainy day at Plymouth away, to be sure.

Strikers with first team experience we know will definitely be here next season:

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

And Martins using that logic.  There's nothing stopping us selling Ameobi or Carroll this summer, its happened loads in the past, players signing new contracts then leaving at the end of the season.

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

And Martins using that logic.  There's nothing stopping us selling Ameobi or Carroll this summer, its happened loads in the past, players signing new contracts then leaving at the end of the season.

I wouldn't say it's definite that Martins will be here. I'd say it's definite that neither of those two will be sold. Only my opinion obviously and I hope you're right.

I'd like to know how our crack recruitment team can't find anyone better than the likes of Ameobi, Carroll and Butt though.

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

I wouldn't say it's definite that Martins will be here. I'd say it's definite that neither of those two will be sold. Only my opinion obviously and I hope you're right.

I'd like to know how our crack recruitment team can't find anyone better than the likes of Ameobi, Carroll and Butt though.

Dave, you know the answer to that, they give their all in training!

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

Dave, you know the answer to that, they give their all in training!

Wish they'd stop giving their all in training & save some of it for the actual matches

Young talent, isn't that what people want?

Yes.

But I think there are a few people who might dispute the association of the word "talent" with Andy Carroll.

Well our scouts and management team seem to think so.