Andy Carroll signs new 3.5 year contract

Guest Heneage

Guest Geordiesned

Jesus christ give the lad a break, he's been out injured since the middle of the summer, had no pre season training and only returned to training this last week, i'm amazed he was actually on the bench.  Yes he came on and didn't have the best of games but with twats like you lot, its little wonder this club doesn't bring many youngsters through,  fucking muppets. why not do us all a favour a fuck off and support sunderland.

Shut ya hole. Carroll's attitude when he came on was fucking diabolical. Anyone who can't see that should fuck off and supprt Sunderland (not sure why just that seems to be the punishment for not agreeing with other people's views!  :rolleyes:)

Guest Heneage

Jesus christ give the lad a break, he's been out injured since the middle of the summer, had no pre season training and only returned to training this last week, i'm amazed he was actually on the bench.  Yes he came on and didn't have the best of games but with twats like you lot, its little wonder this club doesn't bring many youngsters through,  f***ing muppets. why not do us all a favour a f*** off and support sunderland.

Shut ya hole. Carroll's attitude when he came on was f***ing diabolical. Anyone who can't see that should f*** off and supprt Sunderland (not sure why just that seems to be the punishment for not agreeing with other people's views!  :rolleyes:)

This is the thing I mean with people like Binnsy, did he look tired to you? What's 10 minutes running? You are totally ignoring my point of the fact he didnt try, I'm not even really critquing the fact he couldn't hold up the ball or pass just that he sauntered round not even caring.

Carroll must have been told to run his bollocks off, close down the city defenders & challenge everything in the air. He did none of these; lazy twat. He contributed to the equalizer through his lack of effort. To a man everyone around me was doing their nut in over his lack of effort.

..after this evening.

f***ing joke of a player comes on and looks like hes run a marathon, was lazy didn't tackle or even try really could have attempted to stop Kompany for their second but just didnt bother, I see nothing remotely interesting or positive for him he cant use his size, he cant win headers or control it in the air, all he did was swear at the ref, f***ing useless and arrogant to boot, ship him off asap id rather have seen Ranger come on.

Sad to say, I agree.

I had hopes of the lad, but no...I don't think he's up to it.

this shows that Kinnear just does not rate Xisco at all, if a half-fit 19-year old is getting off the bench before he is.

this season for carroll and edgar is make or break - do well and stay, or play badly and fuck off. at the minute, i'd get rid of the pair in the summer. prove me wrong lads

Guest Heneage

this shows that Kinnear just does not rate Xisco at all, if a half-fit 19-year old is getting off the bench before he is.

this season for carroll and edgar is make or break - do well and stay, or play badly and f*** off. at the minute, i'd get rid of the pair in the summer. prove me wrong lads

I don't think its that I think he thought that Carroll would use his size which he didn't.

this season for carroll and edgar is make or break - do well and stay, or play badly and f*** off. at the minute, i'd get rid of the pair in the summer. prove me wrong lads

I don't think its that I think he thought that Carroll would use his size which he didn't.

If it was me, I would have thrown on someone with energy to close down and track back, and you think after coming back from a lengthy lay-off that Carroll wouldn't be fully fit yet.

Make or break for him. Would like to see him get a home start in the cup or something tbqh.

Carroll was poor last night, but the fact that his 5 mates in midfield disappeared further and further back towards our 18 yard line as the minutes ticked by in the second half didn't help him.

With respect what the rest of the midfield did is irrelevant IMO.  All he had to do was effectively run around like a headless chicken for 5 minutes, closing down and preventing their back four having time on the ball to pick out an easy pass.  It required zero footballing ability, just a bit of effort and desire to help out his team mates who had run themselves into the ground for 85 minutes playing with 10 men.  He demonstrated not an ounce of any of that.

Carroll was poor last night, but the fact that his 5 mates in midfield disappeared further and further back towards our 18 yard line as the minutes ticked by in the second half didn't help him.

With respect what the rest of the midfield did is irrelevant IMO.  All he had to do was effectively run around like a headless chicken for 5 minutes, closing down and preventing their back four having time on the ball to pick out an easy pass.  It required zero footballing ability, just a bit of effort and desire to help out his team mates who had run themselves into the ground for 85 minutes playing with 10 men.  He demonstrated not an ounce of any of that.

With slightly less respect, that's nonsense.  The second goal came about because we sat far too deep, as we did for the last 20 minutes.

Guest Heneage

If it was me, I would have thrown on someone with energy to close down and track back, and you think after coming back from a lengthy lay-off that Carroll wouldn't be fully fit yet.

Make or break for him. Would like to see him get a home start in the cup or something tbqh.

Easy to say that now, but the idea was he hold it up.

Guest Geordiesned

With slightly less respect, that's nonsense.  The second goal came about because we sat far too deep, as we did for the last 20 minutes.

What he's saying is that the midfield's performance had no relevance to Carroll's non-performance. The lad looked like he'd just run a marathon!

What he's saying is that the midfield's performance had no relevance to Carroll's non-performance. The lad looked like he'd just run a marathon!

In addition to that...how the fuck do you expect a team to push up if an extra 3 men are attacking you from their defence, making it 9 vs 8 in the last third, in their favour. When it simply could have been 8 vs 6 in our favour if he had have ran about.

Defence starts from the front whether people like it or not. I don't have any big problem with Carroll I think the lad needs a bit more time to try and shine, but his effort last night was shite. When you're down to 10men, and have been for a good 80minutes, when you come on for 10minutes you could at least do your bit...especially if it's the club you love and always have done.

Most sides tend to drop back when they are defending a one goal lead when it's 11 v 11. If you have been playing with a man less for virtually the whole match I think it's understandable that we weren't pushing forward in the 85th minute tbh.

What does the goal have to do with Carroll's complete lack of effort?  Even if they hadn't scored it wouldn't have changed the fact that he looked like he didn't give a toss.

Don't think you should be showing anyone slightly less respect if you thought we had a 5-man midfield after Beye was sent off...

Have to admit he was a bag of wank when he came on.

Was shouting at him before their Equaliser to get a tackle in and all he did was watch the dumb twat.

Couldn't hold the ball up for toffee and looked like he couldn't be arsed to track back and help his fellow teamates that had been busting a gut all evening.

Where were Xisco and Ranger????

Have to admit he was a bag of w*** when he came on.

Was shouting at him before their Equaliser to get a tackle in and all he did was watch the dumb t***.

Couldn't hold the ball up for toffee and looked like he couldn't be arsed to track back and help his fellow teamates that had been busting a gut all evening.

Down to 10 men and not long to go, we needed a big player, a target man that could hold the ball up, well I think that was the thinking behind putting him on, he was poor but 11 ins to go did not give him long to settle.

Have to admit he was a bag of w*** when he came on.

Was shouting at him before their Equaliser to get a tackle in and all he did was watch the dumb t***.

Down to 10 men and not long to go, we needed a big player, a target man that could hold the ball up, well I think that was the thinking behind putting him on, he was poor but 11 ins to go did not give him long to settle.

Aye true but you would use that time to get in players faces and run yourself into the ground for that 11 mins.

He didn't which is what i'm really getting at

cant believe some of the excuses for him NOT EVEN RUNNING 5 YARDS TO CLOSE SOMEONE DOWN.

midfield? too deep? what are you lot on. HE DIDNT. BOTHER. HIS. ARSE.

also got to love the 'carroll only looked shit coz ameobi wasnt shit' theory, jesus christ  ;D

Guest palnese

This surely wasnt the game for Carroll to feature in. At the end we needed a player with good workrate, and the ability to hold the ball. It would have been even worse playing Viduka up front on his own, with no support what so ever. It just didnt seem like if the youngster knew what his task was if you ask me..

Andy Carroll chasing Newcastle recall

Fit-again striker Andy Carroll hopes to make a Newcastle United comeback for tomorrow's derby at Sunderland.

Carroll – who is back from a foot injury – told the Evening Chronicle: “For anybody from Newcastle, this is the game they want to play in.

“That is the same for me, hopefully I will play in it. I just have to see what Joe Kinnear says, but the confidence in the camp is high.

“You saw that when we had 10 men against Manchester City.

“We worked hard for each other, and everybody will be coming together to do the same again at Sunderland.”