Andy Carroll signs new 3.5 year contract

Guest Heneage

Strikers with first team experience we know will definitely be here next season:

Ameobi

Carroll

Awesome.

And Martins using that logic.  There's nothing stopping us selling Ameobi or Carroll this summer, its happened loads in the past, players signing new contracts then leaving at the end of the season.

I wouldn't say it's definite that Martins will be here. I'd say it's definite that neither of those two will be sold. Only my opinion obviously and I hope you're right.

I'd like to know how our crack recruitment team can't find anyone better than the likes of Ameobi, Carroll and Butt though.

Dave, you know the answer to that, they give their all in training!

Wish they'd stop giving their all in training & save some of it for the actual matches

:lol:

Guest Heneage

He'll probably do alright for us in the Championship, to be fair. I take it we're making plans for that now by the looks of it.

I pray the first part is sarcasm, the whole "We are down" is seriously grating on me now.

He'll probably do alright for us in the Championship, to be fair. I take it we're making plans for that now by the looks of it.

I pray the first part is sarcasm, the whole "We are down" is seriously grating on me now.

Acceptance?

Guest Heneage

Acceptance?

More frustration, this place might as well be called "Negativity Online" at times. West Brom away springs to mind, with the majority thinking we were going to get beat again, I never see a game where the majority on here say "We can and will win this."

Acceptance?

More frustration, this place might as well be called "Negativity Online" at times. West Brom away springs to mind, with the majority thinking we were going to get beat again, I never see a game where the majority on here say "We can and will win this."

That might be because we've only won 6 out of 28 league games this season.

Acceptance?

Have you seen us play this season? ???

Right so do what with him now? with a fully fit squad he is not even going to make the bench, I say loan him out to a lower league side get him regular 1st team football.

Weren't there loads of rumours about him having a real attitude problem when he was at Preston?  He was a Premiership player & far too good for the Championship, etc.

Guest michaelfoster

I wouldnt say it was a bad decision renewing his contract when he had a year & half left tbh, a decent backup so dont see what the fuss is about.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I wouldnt say it was a bad decision renewing his contract when he had a year & half left tbh, a decent backup so dont see what the fuss is about.

Starts fights in training, bad egg, generally shit at football. Oh wait, what's that? He's a Geordie? Give him the armband and the freedom of the city. £300k per week because he scored 1 header in 27 attempts. He's the new fucking Gerd Muller.

Guest michaelfoster

Starts fights in training, bad egg, generally s*** at football. Oh wait, what's that? He's a Geordie? Give him the armband and the freedom of the city. £300k per week because he scored 1 header in 27 attempts. He's the new f***ing Gerd Muller.

Right, lets run his contract down & sell him for nothing then some of the egg heads on here will blame DL & DW for not getting any cash for him

If you're an optimist, this is simply an insurance incase we do go down and/or Oba, Owen and Viduka all leave.

Then again - it wouldn't surprise me if the coaching staff genuinely believe he's good enough for "where we want to be".

Guest nufc 4 life

If you're an optimist, this is simply an insurance incase we do go down and/or Oba, Owen and Viduka all leave.

Then again - it wouldn't surprise me if the coaching staff genuinely believe he's good enough for "where we want to be".

Pessimist surely?

Pessimist surely?

I consider that the optimist's school of thought tbh. :lol:  They know he's not good enough = 'optimistic'.

They think he's good enough = 'pessimistic'.

Absolutely nothing wrong with signing him up. Decent young player who's put in some decent performances this season. I'm not drooling over him, but I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be kept at the club.

Agreed. I can see the point of this contract extension.. Ameobi's however.... Also, two so-so squad strikers seems a bit much. Dave makes a good point: it's seriously worrying that our "system" is not confident it can find better than this level of player..

Guest fading star

Starts fights in training, bad egg, generally s*** at football. Oh wait, what's that? He's a Geordie? Give him the armband and the freedom of the city. £300k per week because he scored 1 header in 27 attempts. He's the new f***ing Gerd Muller.

He’s a young lad and a regular in the England under 19’s squad. No doubt if he was called Andrevi Karol and had made a three substitutes appearance for the Romanian B team you’d be equally as dismissive?

Being a Geordie doesn’t make him a great player, but nor does it make him s****. He’s done ok in a thoroughly rubbish team. Give the lad a break.

I like the look of him tbh. Needs to get it together in some facets of his game, but he's big and physical, and bothers the hell out of defenders. His control is descent for a big man, and can put them away by the looks of it.

I'd be happy to give him the 3.5 years to show what he can do.

Shola on the other hand is at the same level as Carroll, with bags of experience on him, having played with some of the best strikers in the game. Time's up for him, and he must go despite of his new contract.

Guest fading star

I like the look of him tbh. Needs to get it together in some facets of his game, but he's big and physical, and bothers the hell out of defenders. His control is descent for a big man, and can put them away by the looks of it.

Shola on the other hand is at the same level as Carroll, with bags of experience on him, having played with some of the best strikers in the game. Time's up for him, and he must go despite of his new contract.

Shades of Duncan Ferguson? 

Shades of Duncan Ferguson? 

I was afraid to say it to avoid getting a permanent IP ban, but aye. The way he puts himself about reminds me of the big unit.

His internal issues are a concern actually, but as long as he pulls his finger out and puts a lid on that kind of behavior, he'll be alright.