Mike Ashley I Hope You're Happy

Tooj

If a manager feels he can't do his job properly and feels he had to resign as he couldn't work with the people above him. Surely that makes the position to him untenable?

Maybe!, but as there are millions of people who don't get what they want at work but they don't spit the dummy they get on with it and try to improve the situation, to me it goes to show what sort of character he has, to leave at the last minute, just so he can prove a point. Gutless!.

These are people who need the money and know they wont easily find a job somewhere else. Most people, after banging their head against a managerial brick wall for a bit, would start looking for a new job. Also, when they leave in most instances the whole company doesn't collapse into disarray, and the owners don't usually throw up their hands and say "That's it. I tried, but I can't go on, I'm running this place on a skeleton staff until I can sell it". If an employee was that important, you'd do your damnedest to keep him.

Looking at his actions with hindsight, it's clear that Keegan had known the score and been trying to improve the situation at least since the end of last season (eg trying to force Ashley's hand through the media for which he got his knuckles wrapped). When the transfer window closed, he realised his efforts had failed and he was powerless to do anything other than paper over the cracks of the squad he'd been left with.

Do you think Keegan didn't give Ashley the option of "me or the system"? Of course he did. Ashley chose the system.

If a manager feels he can't do his job properly and feels he had to resign as he couldn't work with the people above him. Surely that makes the position to him untenable?

Maybe!, but as there are millions of people who don't get what they want at work but they don't spit the dummy they get on with it and try to improve the situation, to me it goes to show what sort of character he has, to leave at the last minute, just so he can prove a point. Gutless!.

These are people who need the money and know they wont easily find a job somewhere else. Most people, after banging their head against a managerial brick wall for a bit, would start looking for a new job. Also, when they leave in most instances the whole company doesn't collapse into disarray, and the owners don't usually throw up their hands and say "That's it. I tried, but I can't go on, I'm running this place on a skeleton staff until I can sell it". If an employee was that important, you'd do your damnedest to keep him.

Looking at his actions with hindsight, it's clear that Keegan had known the score and been trying to improve the situation at least since the end of last season (eg trying to force Ashley's hand through the media for which he got his knuckles wrapped). When the transfer window closed, he realised his efforts had failed and he was powerless to do anything other than paper over the cracks of the squad he'd been left with.

Do you think Keegan didn't give Ashley the option of "me or the system"? Of course he did. Ashley chose the system.

spot on as usual.

very true.

the debatable points are.1).if he agreed to that structure in the first place..2) if those above him felt the need to step in for other reasons.

3) Why was it the very last day of the window that he decided the job was "unteneable" when theres evidence to suggest he knew the way things worked earlier in the window?

very true.

the debatable points are.1).if he agreed to that structure in the first place..2) if those above him felt the need to step in for other reasons.

3) Why was it the very last day of the window that he decided the job was "unteneable" when theres evidence to suggest he knew the way things worked earlier in the window?

The goal posts were changed though, as has been confirmed by the conflicting club statements.

very true.

The goal posts were changed though, as has been confirmed by the conflicting club statements.

Which leads back to point 2).

Still doesnt really answer why it was only the last day that he realised and chose to act then.

very true.

Do you think we'd be better off if he'd left in July or August? Do you think we'd have signed up all the world class players Keegan was blocking because he'd never heard of them? I'm sure they'd have been rushing to join a club up for sale and without a permanent manager.

Do you think we'd be better off if he'd left in July or August? Do you think we'd have signed up all the world class players Keegan was blocking because he'd never heard of them? I'm sure they'd have been rushing to join a club up for sale and without a permanent manager.

The Man City owner was after us before going for them but it was reported that Ashley said that he didn't want to sell so yes, if he left in July we probably would have been better off, not that he would have known.

The Man City owner was after us before going for them but it was reported that Ashley said that he didn't want to sell so yes, if he left in July we probably would have been better off, not that he would have known.

There's no way you can say that.

very true.

I think we would of been better off had he left when his principle had first been crossed. Oppurtunity to get a new manager, oppurtunity to appease the fickle fans who would no doub protested. Who knows?

The 3 points still stand and still remained unanswered, the first 2 points especially.

very true.

Still doesnt really answer why it was only the last day that he realised and chose to act then.

I'm guessing the Milner fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back

There's no way you can say that.

The Man City owners said that they were after us and were knocked back because the club wasn't for sale.  If Keegan had walked earlier and we were up for sale like we are now then I would think it's fair to say that they would have done something instead of looking at another club.

very true.

I think we would of been better off had he left when his principle had first been crossed. Oppurtunity to get a new manager, oppurtunity to appease the fickle fans who would no doub protested. Who knows?

The 3 points still stand and still remained unanswered, the first 2 points especially.

Why would we have got a new permanent manager if he'd left in July or August, but not when he left in September?

If he'd left while the transfer window was open, we'd have struggled to get in even the few players we did, and there's every chance players like Owen or Martins would have followed Keegan out the door too.

very true.

I'm guessing the Milner fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back

Its been reported that there was a replacement lined up, and i also saw a conference after Milner was sold and there was absolutely no sign that Keegan was unhappy with the sale, in fact alot of people on here thought he was beeming. Maybe he learnt to hide his emotions after all....

Another thing is that it was genereally agreed that £12m was far too much to turn down. Something which Keegan alledgey agreed with - all supposition though so your point still stands maybe you;re right.  

very true.

Why would we have got a new permanent manager if he'd left in July or August, but not when he left in September?

If he'd left while the transfer window was open, we'd have struggled to get in even the few players we did, and there's every chance players like Owen or Martins would have followed Keegan out the door too.

Would we of been sold quicker if the new owner knew they had a window to work in? It works both ways.

very true.

Would we of been sold quicker if the new owner knew they had a window to work in? It works both ways.

And then the same might have happened as last year due to another 'strategic review,' all ifs and buts at the moment like.

very true.

And then the same might have happened as last year due to another 'strategic review,' all ifs and buts at the moment like.

Precisely, which leaves the 3 points still unanswered.

If Keegan had left earlier, during the transfer window, you'd have been slagging him off for not giving the new system a chance to see what it could deliver. Then when we failed to pull in even the players we did, and Owen was sold to Spurs, you'd have blamed it all on Keegan leaving during such an important time.

FACT.

If Keegan had left earlier, during the transfer window, you'd have been slagging him off for not giving the new system a chance to see what it could deliver. Then when we failed to pull in even the players we did, and Owen was sold to Spurs, you'd have blamed it all on Keegan leaving during such an important time.

FACT.

:lol: :lol:

Where do i start??

What's Ashley got to do with this?.

He's ripped the club apart and turned it into a national joke by  forcing out a perfectly good manager who loves the club.

he didn't force keegan out.

Him and his system made Keegan's job untenable. Pretty close enough.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a long time. Just face facts, Keegan is a bottler and it's time to get over it.

It's only my opinion that Ashley forced KK out. I'm more than willing to get over KK not being here, if only we could. Because of the ALLEDGED treatment of KK and the way the club is REPORTED to operate, no decent player or manager will come to this club until it changes hands.

That's why we've ended up with Joe Kinnear. Has he been top of our wanted list ever? He's only here because we're desperate. At the same time, i wish him the best of luck.

After all i couldn't care less if Osamah Bin Laden was in charge, just as long as my club was winning matches.

What's Ashley got to do with this?.

He's ripped the club apart and turned it into a national joke by  forcing out a perfectly good manager who loves the club.

he didn't force keegan out.

Him and his system made Keegan's job untenable. Pretty close enough.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a long time. Just face facts, Keegan is a bottler and it's time to get over it.

Spoken like a true Makem,...now f-ck off

If Keegan had taken an NUFC side containing Taylor, Duff, Butt, Geremi and Shola to sunderland and got beat, who would have gotten the blame?

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the fucking goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

absolutely agree with the sentiments here.

Got respect for Kinnear, giving it his best shot, but ultimately he's having to do it with a woefully thin squad of players, where the only chance we ever had of getting even a half decent league position was to go the whole season with barely any injuries.

The person controlling the purse strings is the only person to blame for this I'm afraid.