N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

I think a lot of people's opinions of Zog are being swayed a little by his horrible attitude. I'd class him as being in our "best 11" but that doesn't say much, I don't think the top 4 would be interested in him simply because they can do better. But he is young and should improve but the best thing he can do is get his head down and play consistently. Whether he thinks he has to go elsewhere to do that is up to him but as he seems he wants to leave so badly I think we should get rid.

I think a lot of people's opinions of Zog are being swayed a little by his horrible attitude. I'd class him as being in our "best 11" but that doesn't say much, I don't think the top 4 would be interested in him simply because they can do better. But he is young and should improve but the best thing he can do is get his head down and play consistently. Whether he thinks he has to go elsewhere to do that is up to him but as he seems he wants to leave so badly I think we should get rid.

Agreed

If it wasn't for the fact that we're in such a shite position with regards to squad depth (amongst other things), I'd gladly see the back of N'Zogbia. He's a slightly above average player at the moment, playing off the back of 1 fairly decent season (ala Jenas). He also cries every time he's out of the team.

In almost any case, if a player doesn't want to play for the club, he can fuck off, but unfortunately we're not (or shouldn't be) in a position where we can sell any players before the end of the season.

I don't hold it against him if he wants to move in order to get first team football. Given and Owen want away and they are manager favourites, not to mention first names on the team sheet.

He shouldn't be allowed to leave on the cheap under any circumstances, he only signed a new contract last year so the money will have to be right.

N'zogbia will never get into any of the top 4's first 11 like, good player but no chance. Living off his great form at the back end of 05-06 for a good while now. He's scored what, 3 goals since then?  :nope:

He's quick, direct, strong enough, good at taking men on and a decent passer. BUT I could name 20+ premiership wingers with more pace and with generally equal to more impressive attributes. Plus the f***ing attitude, honestly it's almost a miracle he hasn't been attacked in town yet.

I don't like him saying it publicly but i can't disagree with his sentiment. The club is hardly 'going places' is it?

And it's never going to with players who have an attitude like his! ... Players like him should shoulder the blame as much as the idiots in the boardroom.

I don't like him saying it publicly but i can't disagree with his sentiment. The club is hardly 'going places' is it?

he's been making noises about wanting away for at least 2 years now

Maybe if he'd started more games at left wing ahead of Duff it might have been different.

Guest johny2k

N'Zogbia used to be one of my favourite players, but his attitude stinks and he hasn't improved in 2 years now. if he got his head down for 6 months and tried to work hard he'd improve and probably get the move he wanted, but he's too stroppy to do that. at the end of the day he should think himself lucky to be where he is given his form over the past few years. IF we could swap him for Lennon, or sell him and get Pennant in, we'd have a better player with a better attitude and keep the pace in our team, then i wouldn't blink an eye lid!

sad thing is, i'd still pick him ahead of Duff on sat....

Maybe if he'd started more games at left wing ahead of Duff it might have been different.

In the time Duff's been here, and taking into account injuries etc, (and correct me if I'm wrong) I would be surprised if Duff has played more/many more games than N'Zogbia.

I do think that Duff's arrival was a cause of him wanting out though. He was one of our best players in the season prior to Duff signing, and we only strengthened in his position and up front, whilst other positions that needed strengthening were left.

He seems to have developed a chip on his shoulder since then.

not saying it's all his fault. I was as moritified as anyone to see him deployed at LB time after time. BUT I get the feeling it goes a lot further beyond that.

He's a cunt tbh

In the time Duff's been here, and taking into account injuries etc, (and correct me if I'm wrong) I would be surprised if Duff has played more/many more games than N'Zogbia.

I do think that Duff's arrival was a cause of him wanting out though. He was one of our best players in the season prior to Duff signing, and we only strengthened in his position and up front, whilst other positions that needed strengthening were left.

He seems to have developed a chip on his shoulder since then.

We don't really need Zog as we have Jonas in that position, and if I had some faith in our club to bring in players who are good athletes as well as good players in the positions we need strengthened I would let Zog go for the right fee. As it is, we are probably going to lose one of our few players with pace and power, while Butt signs a new contract and Barry Ferguson wheezes his way up to St James Park.

Progress? Not really.

I think he went in an instant huff as soon as we signed Duff and when both are fit Duff tends to take the starting place, the idea of competition for places is great but in reality it doe snot work well if players like Charles have a bad attitude. Having two players fighting  it out for once position should make them try as hard as they can to be the best they can be, but with players ego's being massive and their godlike celeb status just means they cry a bit and look for a move to a club with less competition for their place in the starting 11. We had to fight very hard to sign and keep Zoggy and he looked well worth the battle in his first two seasons, it seems French players like to winge more then any other foreign players do. He could go to the Gooners or Villa and play every game but that still won't get him int he full French squad they have better left wing options and he needs to face upto that.

I think he's one of the most promising players we have and we're never going to replace him with someone with the same potential.  Sulkiness aside, he's sometimes the one person on the pitch who actually seems to want the ball and does something with it other than passing it backwards like a hot potato. Someone like Wenger could get the best out of him and there's no way he's going to want to spend the prime of his career at at club with zero ambition being played out of position.

Guest firetotheworks

He's such a sulky little misery guts. Ive stuck up for Charlie before but he's taking the piss now. He obviously has no loyalty whatsoever to the club that put him on the map in the first place, or any qualms about rocking an already shaky boat. He's yet another example of either talent that we've failed to nurture or talent thats fallen by the wayside.

He's delusional if he thinks a teams thats better than us would want him in their starting XI. There are far better options out there at the moment than NZogbia. If we can sell him for about 6 million (based upon his age and the hype he's still living off from 05/06) and replace him with someone of equal or better ability, and an infinitely better attitude then I'll be glad to see the back of him.