Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Soon as Martins and Jonas got tired we lost everything, especially pace. This shows how important they are, and now with Owen back with villa im expecting another win! Barton and Guthrie needs to position themselves better.

Fkcing terrible second half, JK had better fuck off with surrendering the midfield and possestion like that.  Thats twice we've done it and conceeded goals.

We will get raped off better teams.

Fck me that was fucking bad.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton and Jonas will get stronger

Duff was good apart from the goal

All others were average

The 3 points was the most important thing!

Fuck off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

f***ing hell, how did we invite them into the game like that? Embarrassing second half.

Still did well enough to get us three points, some confidence and some breathing space. We need to do a whole lot better with Aston Villa coming up though.

./

I am not liking Kinnear's tactics at protecting leads. How can you replace your two best pacy outlets with players who are slower, but will be fulfilling the same exact roles. Thank the lord for Damien Duff, or the ball would never have left our half. Xisco for Martins was espeically pointless.

Our goal was midfields fault, both are too high up the field at the same time.

Anyways great with a win, and lets build on it.

2-2

2-2

1-2

2-1

Since Kinnear joined, looks average, but we're 15th today and above relegation zone so lets be happy. Have a good night everybody.

I said i would make judgements after tonight, and i agree with HTT's thread - we'll struggle like fuck with this manager.

Utter joke was that second half, absolute joke. Two completely different teams.

Fuck off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

Wouldn't really say it was either of the centre halves fault to be honest. The ball through to Miller was brilliant, not sure what Coloccini could've done differently, made him look a bit dumb but the ball was brilliantly placed and weighted.

Absolutely huge 3 points, going into games against Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Boro. If we can take 10 points fromm those 5 games I'll be happy.

Bassong at left back next game please btw.

Not so sure myself. Enrique was poor tonight but then so was Bassong against the mackems. At least Enrique can perform better whereas Bassong will always just be filling in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

West Brom are no mugs this year

Until Manu they had only lost by the odd goal to Villa, Arsenal, beat boro away, beat fulham, beat west ham

Good result