Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Mike Ashley wants a second chance, he hasnt got to ask our permission, he just has to get on and do it.

Remains a fact (no pun intended) that he doesnt appear to want to have another go.

He might have no other option if he can't find a buyer.  If that's the case then he needs to replace Llambias and allow his replacement to get on with the job, I think he did that anyway but he got the wrong person in, he employed a mate who wasn't and isn't up to the job.

Stone cold fact remains that if he can't get a buyer veey very soon, then he really has to go for broke to pull things back from the brink and invest to save the club's nominal Premiership status and its resale value for the medium term. What we have now though is the football equivalent of a slum landlord...

If Mike Ashley wants a second chance, he hasnt got to ask our permission, he just has to get on and do it.

Remains a fact (no pun intended) that he doesnt appear to want to have another go.

He might have no other option if he can't find a buyer.  If that's the case then he needs to replace Llambias and allow his replacement to get on with the job, I think he did that anyway but he got the wrong person in, he employed a mate who wasn't and isn't up to the job.

I wonder if he had a date in his head by which time, if there are no serious bids for the club, then he has to come out and take control again.

I wonder if he had a date in his head by which time, if there are no serious bids for the club, then he has to come out and take control again.

I think he must have a date in mind at which point he'll have to act, either that or we stumble along and Wise brings in players for Kinnear who will remain on a monthly rolling contract.

A quick question to those who voted no, how do you see the club moving forwards if he doesn't get a buyer and tries to stick it out and make a go of it?  It's easy saying "No" but I really can't see what anybody can do which will not hurt the club,  I guess nobody wants to harm the club so what do you do?

Guest Chris P

The club will not get sold.

All the numpty's will eventually get  bored IE shut up. JFK will eventually put a couple of points on board.

Every one will start supporting the players again.

Ashley will be lorded instead of derided for running one of the best financially run clubs in country.

Story run by SSN as Chelsea files for bankruptcy-

All you thick Keegan messiah supporting wankers proved to be wrong.

In three years time the first team is populated by players like Nile Ranger and his ilk.

Job done.

Wankers

If he did the following i'd consider it:

a) Made a full public apopgy admitting he got it wrong

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

d) brought in a top drawer manager

e) backed the manager in the market with a decent amount of funds. Doesn't have to be huge, just Villa-esque.

I think thats fair enough..

Yup I'd settle for that as well, just as long as the top drawer manager isn't Keegan

All the numpty's will eventually get  bored IE shut up. JFK will eventually put a couple of points on board.

Every one will start supporting the players again.

Ashley will be lorded instead of derided for running one of the best financially run clubs in country.

Story run by SSN as Chelsea files for bankruptcy-

All you thick Keegan messiah supporting wankers proved to be wrong.

In three years time the first team is populated by players like Nile Ranger and his ilk.

Job done.

Wankers

:rolleyes:

Very suprised that 68% would forgive, after some of the stick us Ashley lovers have taken on here.

Encouraging though, maybe our fans aren't beyond help after all!

yeah, 95 want him back, that leaves about,..erm....50,000ish who dont.

Er, that doesn't make sense, we're a representative sample of fans with all sorts of views.

Very suprised that 68% would forgive, after some of the stick us Ashley lovers have taken on here.

Encouraging though, maybe our fans aren't beyond help after all!

yeah, 95 want him back, that leaves about,..erm....50,000ish who dont.

Er, that doesn't make sense, we're a representative sample of fans with all sorts of views.

Sadly, we're not. The thread about where we all come from shows that 99.99% of fans on this forum are band-wagon jumping cockney loving southern softshite johnny foreigners, as well as centrepaddock82, kingdawson, brummie, NE5 and Mick

If Ashley's done so well - made the club so financially stable, sorted out this and that "behind the scenes", put a great management team in place, etc - why would the club not get sold? Surely someone would be mad not to snap us off his hands before he changes his mind.

Job done.

Wankers

In three years time under Ashley, we'll "reluctantly" have to sell our top scorer Ranger to Wolves, as you can't hang onto players when a Premiership side comes knocking.

He'll have to do a hell of a lot more than make more empty promises (and do it consistently) before I believe Mike Ashley has the clubs best interests at heart.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Even if he made those promises about investing in the team etc, how can we believe him.  He made loads of promises since he arrived and kept few of them.  Words in written statements come easy to him, actions do not.

Even if he made those promises about investing in the team etc, how can we believe him.  He made loads of promises since he arrived and kept few of them.  Words in written statements come easy to him, actions do not.

What are the "loads of promises" he made ?  Which promises did he not keep ?

Facts please not just the usual conjecture.

If Ashley's done so well - made the club so financially stable, sorted out this and that "behind the scenes", put a great management team in place, etc - why would the club not get sold?

Shortage of multi-billionaires eager to play Fairy Godmother and splash obscene amounts of money, fractious and quite possibly ungrateful fanbase, global financial meltdown etc etc.

we stumble along and Wise brings in players for Kinnear who will remain on a monthly rolling contract.

i can sadly see this happening tbh. ashley said he wasn't prepared to subsidise or put any more £ into the club so i think we're going to have to make the best of it with who we have got, for better or worse

If Ashley's done so well - made the club so financially stable, sorted out this and that "behind the scenes", put a great management team in place, etc - why would the club not get sold?

Shortage of multi-billionaires eager to play Fairy Godmother and splash obscene amounts of money, fractious and quite possibly ungrateful fanbase, global financial meltdown etc etc.

Got to face it, we have made ourselves very unattractive with our latest protests etc.

In fact, the worst part is that we have made ourselves investable only by exactly the kind of people that we don't want - someone who's only in it for the money.

Got to face it, we have made ourselves very unattractive with our latest protests etc.

In fact, the worst part is that we have made ourselves investable only by exactly the kind of people that we don't want - someone who's only in it for the money.

Bollocks has a week of protests which has since dwindled out changed anything.

Any potential owner who doesn't realise they're going to get a bit of stick when they don't spend any money on the team after collecting unprecedented amounts of TV money, asking for 3 years up front season ticket revenue, and then having a respected manager walk out saying he's not happy with things should be nowhere near a football club in the first place.

What about the 7 interested parties? They all knew about the protests before they expressed an interest. If it's such a great deal now Mike's fixed everything wrong with the club, they'll be fighting over themselves to get their hands on it.

I didn't expect 5 pages of debare on this, I am shocked how many have voted no too, him staying may be the only option.

Still doesn't mean I'm going to back him if he does stay though.

Oh aye for sure mate, all I want is some stability so the fans and the players know where they stand. Its going to take a long time for him to be trusted again, he would have to really rpve himself alovera gain, and start by backing his manager in January.

I do not even have a problem with Wise staying and finding young talent as long as they drop the DOF idea and let the manager have the final say on transfers.

Bollocks has a week of protests which has since dwindled out changed anything.

Any potential owner who doesn't realise they're going to get a bit of stick when they don't spend any money on the team after collecting unprecedented amounts of TV money, asking for 3 years up front season ticket revenue, and then having a respected manager walk out saying he's not happy with things should be nowhere near a football club in the first place.

What about the 7 interested parties? They all knew about the protests before they expressed an interest. If it's such a great deal now Mike's fixed everything wrong with the club, they'll be fighting over themselves to get their hands on it.

So what are you accusing him of today?

Wanting to sell the club or not wanting to sell the club?