Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A massive red herring, give over man. :lol:

:lol: Worth a try.

The point stands though, Wise was emplyed as a memebr of the board to give a footballing perspective - would it not make sense to report to him as part of the board and dual role to recommend players - i still see nothing solid in that statement to suggest that Keegan and we had been definitively lied to.  The fact that he was undermined on the last day of the season suggests to me that he DID have final say on transfers, the Zayette trial would back that up. Recommended by Wise, declined by Keegan. Skeljbred the same too.....

Slum landlords are all the same. Think Rachman, see our destiny.

Who is Rachman?

Peter Rachman (1919– 29 November 1962) was a London landlord in the mid-20th century, active in the Notting Hill area in the 1950s and 1960s. He became so notorious for his exploitation of tenants that the word "Rachmanism" entered the OED as a synonym for any greedy, unscrupulous landlord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Rachman

Peter Rachman (1919 29 November 1962) was a London landlord in the mid-20th century, active in the Notting Hill area in the 1950s and 1960s. He became so notorious for his exploitation of tenants that the word "Rachmanism" entered the OED as a synonym for any greedy, unscrupulous landlord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Rachman

Typical, a bloody foreigner.

Yup

Agreed with his blueprint of building from youth at the time

The signings of Colo and Jonas in particular showed promise in the scouting system.

The blueprint!!!  Pre-blurprint Sam Allardyce said we had a lack of youngsters at the club that is why in the Jan he went & brought in Tozer & Kadar to add to Ngo who he signed earlier in the season. How Sam signed these youngsters without Jeff, Jimmy & Dennis is a mystery.

I dont mind building from young first team players like Bobby did, Wegner does, Spurs did until they started chucking the £££'s around but I think you more likely to fail by building from youths who are at the U18 level.

As for Colo & Jonas they are some of our better players but lets make out they are the only decent players we have ever signed & it had to be down to the system.

Yup

The signings of Colo and Jonas in particular showed promise in the scouting system.

The blueprint!!!  Pre-blurprint Sam Allardyce said we had a lack of youngsters at the club that is why in the Jan he went & brought in Tozer & Kadar to add to Ngo who he signed earlier in the season. How Sam signed these youngsters without Jeff, Jimmy & Dennis is a mystery.

I dont mind building from young first team players like Bobby did, Wegner does, Spurs did until they started chucking the £££'s around but I think you more likely to fail by building from youths who are at the U18 level.

As for Colo & Jonas they are some of our better players but lets make out they are the only decent players we have ever signed & it had to be down to the system.

Who mentioned the trio of evil?

Mike Ashley was the owner for (give or take a week) all of Sams tenure - therefore the signings made by Sam you mentioned were under his 'blueprint'

And I did not claim that Colo and Jonas were the only good players we have signed, but they were spotted by our scouting network and therefore is evidence that they did actually have a clue about what they were looking for.

It wasn't perfect (obviously) but it did a fair bit of good in its time here

Yup

Mike Ashley was the owner for (give or take a week) all of Sams tenure - therefore the signings made by Sam you mentioned were under his 'blueprint'

And I did not claim that Colo and Jonas were the only good players we have signed, but they were spotted by our scouting network and therefore is evidence that they did actually have a clue about what they were looking for.

its sods law that you will find a couple of good players out of 7 or 8 signings though. Thats not demeaning either of them but there is no point in bringing in a good player then selling a good player is there ? Even if Gutierrez was seen as a better player than Milner, a progressive club would have allowed the manager the Milner money to strengthen somewhere else [as well as a budget befitting a big club].

Thats where they did wrong, and thats where they had the wrong idea and should really have told whoever wasn't aware of it by then, that their ambitions for the club and understanding of football were way short of what is required.

Villa have actually shown the way since this yank bloke came in. They are allowing their manager to bring in players to improve the team and squad of players, in the managers opinion, first and foremost.

Yup

I'd imagine Colo & Jonas weren't actually targeted because of the scouting network, but because of Jimenez' agent contacts tbh (ie no different to the club being offered Willie McKay's players previously), but that's another subject.

Yup

I did.

No man the blue print only happened when Wise & co popped in surely. That was the vision when we got a scout from Madrid with a awesome track record at Charlton, Wise who could not be arsed with day-to-day football managment & fancied the cushy number at NE1 & part time Tony also joined the circus.

I get the felling that Ashley may be gearing towards taking us off the market, unfortunately though i also get the feeling that Kinnear will be put in charge and if thats the case I will 100% lose faith in them.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I get the felling that Ashley may be gearing towards taking us off the market, unfortunately though i also get the feeling that Kinnear will be put in charge and if thats the case I will 100% lose faith in them.

If Ashley Kinnear and Wise are still with the club next season there is one season ticket which won't get renewed.

Guest The Libertine

I'd back Ashley if he put his hand in his pocket to strengthen the playing staff and appointed a top-class manager.

that should be the main thing that would win some of the rabble round. i doubt any decent manager will want it though.

If he stays the only way I can see him winning people round is by getting rid of Wise and Llambias, appointing Shearer (ideally with an experienced coach a la Venables alongside him to help him out) and giving him full control of transfers.

Thing is, regardless of whether Ashley stays, I just don't think many fans are convinced of the DoF system, and especially with Dennis Wise holding that position.

They would remain suspicious of both even if a top manager was brought in IMO.

Thing is, regardless of whether Ashley stays, I just don't think many fans are convinced of the DoF system, and especially with Dennis Wise holding that position.

I wonder if Ashley has looked at what Spurs have done and thought that maybe a total change is the way to go

I wonder if Ashley has looked at what Spurs have done and thought that maybe a total change is the way to go

Probably the other way around. :lol:

Agreed, if Ashley is to stay Wise must go. Really can't see Wise's tenure at the club lasting too much longer regardless.

Probably the other way around. :lol:

True  :laugh:

Grom the ever reliable NOTW:

YOU'LL CHANGE TOON OVER KEV

Wait until you hear the full story, warns Kinnear

MY LIPS ARE SEALED: Joe Kinnear won't spill the beans over Toon secrets

By MARTIN HARDY, 01/11/2008

JOE KINNEAR has warned Newcastle fans that Kevin Keegan’s lofty status with them may be undermined when the truth of his departure is told.

And the interim boss believes owner Mike Ashley may not be finished with the Toon.

The club is still in disarray, with Keegan embroiled in a legal battle over compensation after his exit in September.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

“Maybe Mike Ashley will be accepted. Maybe he will come back and won’t sell the place. Maybe he will invest in the club. Who knows?

“It only needs the team to go on a small run and people will easily forget. I am saying forget, but I don’t know what the man has done.

“It is difficult. He has put £240million into the club and he can’t come and watch the team.

Crack

“But he could make his peace with the fans. It isn’t all of them. He hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip by the Press.

“He is a down to earth fellah who loves his football. His kids love it. I don’t know what mistakes he has made because I haven’t been here to look at them.”

Ashley is struggling to find anyone to pay the £280m he wants for the club. Sources close to investment banker Keith Harris, who is trying to broker the sale, have said there were no developments last week.

A South African group who had shown interest could be about to return to the picture with fresh backing.

The uncertainty means Newcastle are likely to again be bit-part players in the transfer market in January, to the despair of their supporters.

Kinnear is on a month-to-month arrangement with Toon — but has been a hit with fans and is getting twitchy over his future.

Chase

If he is still there in the New Year, he will dispense with £5.7m Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez, who is on loan from Valencia. Both only arrived at the club in the summer.

Andy Carroll could also go out on loan, with Derby and Norwich leading the chase for his signature.

Kinnear called on the Newcastle board to open negotiations with Michael Owen, who can agree a pre-contract deal with another club in January, which would allow him to leave for nothing in the summer.

He added: “The club has to keep Michael Owen and players like him. This is a big club and Michael is a big player.

“It will cost a lot of money to replace him. I would keep him here. I feel the same way about him as Kevin Keegan.”