Kinnear transfer plans

LoveItIfWeBeatU

To be honest Xisco and Enrique ARE championship standard and i wouldnt be too sad to see these two replaced by british players from the championship. JFK knows he hasnt got a penny to spend if he's still here in January (providing the club isnt sold which is looking more and more likely!), so has to raise funds from out paper thin squad. The only problem is as mentioned in this post good championship players arnt cheap these days so im worried what standard of player he has his eye on!!!

Guest Heneage

Thats arguably one of the daftest posts i've ever read.

Do you ever read your own?

Come on I didn't think your humour would sink that low?

Guest Heneage

He's claiming Xisco and Enrique to be Championship standard? Xisco, who has had no more a game and a half in a new league on lets face it a shit side at the minute, who is a Spanish U21 Enrique the same, hes hardly settled. Its jumping the gun, no one has goes like that at Guthrie. And to suggest we should sell a player who joined us in the summer is more of the gung ho kneejerking that the Media portrays us as, Boo Kaka if he has a bad first touch.

To be honest Xisco and Enrique ARE championship standard and i wouldnt be too sad to see these two replaced by british players from the championship. JFK knows he hasnt got a penny to spend if he's still here in January (providing the club isnt sold which is looking more and more likely!), so has to raise funds from out paper thin squad. The only problem is as mentioned in this post good championship players arnt cheap these days so im worried what standard of player he has his eye on!!!

worst post ever, get a fucking job pal

A lot of people - including JK - seem to be talking as though it was entirely in our hands whether Owen stayed or not. The player will have his own agenda.

It was very obvious from that documentary a few months back that Owen is very committed to that horse racing business of his, in the Chester area, and that region is where both his and his wife's families are from. It came across to me loud and clear that that is where his heart is.

A decent offer from Man City and he'll be gone.

worst post ever, get a f***ing job pal

I've got a good job thanks pal!! By the way do you REALLY think Xisco and Enrique will make it big in the prem?? I'm thinking Luque and Viana all over again! I hope im wrong but i've seen this many times before at this club, promising young foreign talent going to waste and after a few years going back to foreign clubs for nowt. I do agree selling a player just after signing him would make no sense at all but the question has got to be asked why was Xisco at least signed in the first place? Anyway only time will tell i guess, i just hope these players mentioned have the balls to fight and scrap themselves out of a relegation battle come may!

Guest Heneage

I've got a good job thanks pal!! By the way do you REALLY think Xisco and Enrique will make it big in the prem?? I'm thinking Luque and Viana all over again! I hope im wrong but i've seen this many times before at this club, promising young foreign talent going to waste and after a few years going back to foreign clubs for nowt. I do agree selling a player just after signing him would make no sense at all but the question has got to be asked why was Xisco at least signed in the first place? Anyway only time will tell i guess, i just hope these players mentioned have the balls to fight and scrap themselves out of a relegation battle come may!

Right I'll begin my arguement with Hugo Viana.

Totally mis-managed, was chucked out on the left and expected to play like Robert, make no bones about it Hugo Viana is not Robert, he is a Central midfielder, look at his build, look at his attributes, Bobby wanted to play him but didn't have the room. He should have sat down with Viana and explained to him  it would take time to settle to allay his fears that he was not getting games. With the right time and adjusting to of the game Portugal and England are two totally different leagues, look at examples of Viana in the middle (Feyenoord CL) and he scored, because thats what he was, as ususal the idiot section got on his back as "Over priced foreign shite" and he was away. Destroying his confidence in the process.

Luque was a terrible signing, a player that at 27-28 was in no right frame of mind or had the mental toughness to change leagues, a move inside Spain would have done him wonders. He was bought while he was on the decline not the season during the demolition of Milan in the CL. If we compare every foreigner to whats gone before, we might as well just put 11 lads from Byker out and call it relegation. Just because one shares the same nationality and club does not mean you have bought the same player.

Guest firetotheworks

Im not biting that, its that ridiculous.

Guest elbee909

I hope im wrong but i've seen this many times before at this club, promising young foreign talent going to waste and after a few years going back to foreign clubs for nowt.

Yeah, like Jon Dahl Tomasson, he was shit too - had to settle for playing for minnows such as AC Milan after us, and only picking up tinpot UEFA Cup and Champions League medals when yet more FA Cup runners up medals were there for the taking.  These crappy foreigners.

Right I'll begin my arguement with Hugo Viana.

Totally mis-managed, was chucked out on the left and expected to play like Robert, make no bones about it Hugo Viana is not Robert, he is a Central midfielder, look at his build, look at his attributes, Bobby wanted to play him but didn't have the room. He should have sat down with Viana and explained to him  it would take time to settle to allay his fears that he was not getting games. With the right time and adjusting to of the game Portugal and England are two totally different leagues, look at examples of Viana in the middle (Feyenoord CL) and he scored, because thats what he was, as ususal the idiot section got on his back as "Over priced foreign shite" and he was away. Destroying his confidence in the process.

Luque was a terrible signing, a player that at 27-28 was in no right frame of mind or had the mental toughness to change leagues, a move inside Spain would have done him wonders. He was bought while he was on the decline not the season during the demolition of Milan in the CL. If we compare every foreigner to whats gone before, we might as well just put 11 lads from Byker out and call it relegation. Just because one shares the same nationality and club does not mean you have bought the same player.

Viana was on the left wing against Feyenoord, Robert was injured. [/pedant]

Guest firetotheworks

I dont get the stupidity in thinking that because player X was from a country and didnt succeed that player Y wont succeed either. Im from the same country as Shearer, does that mean Im as good as him?

Guest Heneage

Yeah but he was allowed to drift in, his goal came from the centre. 99% he was expected to be the by-line winger, games like Feyenoord he was allowed to drift in.

I've mentioned it a few times and I'm not saying it's gospel but let me explain.

Before the Arsenal game I was listening to Radio Newcastle, and Mick Lowes was running through the sides and said "Jose Enrique plays at left back, which is a bit of a surprise as he was close to securing a move to Spain yesterday.." or words to that effect. Now yes, most people will say "oh it's fat Mick, what does he know" but Lowes spends sometime with the players doing the pre-match interviews, he's bound to be more clued up than most.

Anyway, the point is, I'd be very surprised if Enrique is still here at the end of January. Which is a damn shame, because he hasn't done a lot wrong really. A few errors yes, but he's young and usually quite good. Kinnear has praised his attacking attributes, something often overlooked by Keegan. He's a better left back than Bassong - there's a case to play bassong against Bolton, Stoke and other physical sides but he shouldn't be first choice (he should be given games at CB somewhere down the line...)

Yeah but he was allowed to drift in, his goal came from the centre. 99% he was expected to be the by-line winger, games like Feyenoord he was allowed to drift in.

It came from the corner of the box. The left corner of the box...