Barton Incident With Agbonlahor? Was it f*** say the FA. Was it f*** say Villa.

Crumpy Gunt

Agbonlahor is such a petulant little shite, haven't disliked a Villa player that much since Lee Hendrie was there, the twat. Barton actually showed incredible restraint not battering him to death with a football boot, which is how I feel every time I see his face. Anyway, I think most rational fans know deep down this story is bollocks :thup:

Agbonlahor is such a petulant little s****, haven't disliked a Villa player that much since Lee Hendrie was there, the t***. Barton actually showed incredible restraint not battering him to death with a football boot, which is how I feel every time I see his face. Anyway, I think most rational fans know deep down this story is bollocks :thup:

Rational? Football fans?

does not compute  :cheesy:

Anyone read the Mirror today - saw 3 Barton stories, one of them was Gabby "letting him off", another was a decdent piece by Brian Reade (who i've noticed writes some ok ish pieces about us sometimes) and the other was about the lad who Barton stubbed a cigar out on and how he's turned into an alchoolic and dropout - purely geared and written so they ould mention Barton and try and link him with this tosser demise.

Shameful.

Anyone read the Mirror today - saw 3 Barton stories, one of them was Gabby "letting him off", another was a decdent piece by Brian Reade (who i've noticed writes some ok ish pieces about us sometimes) and the other was about the lad who Barton stubbed a cigar out on and how he's turned into an alchoolic and dropout - purely geared and written so they ould mention Barton and try and link him with this tosser demise.

Shameful.

Brian Reade article from the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/2008/11/08/call-him-a-thug-call-him-a-yob-but-don-t-blame-joey-baryon-for-race-row-115875-20878218/

Call him a thug, call him a yob.. but don't blame Joey Barton for race row

Brian Reade 8/11/2008

Lewis Hamilton isn't the only British sportsman seething at an inability to grasp what does and doesn't constitute racism.

So is Joey Barton. For being wrongly labelled a racist after telling a black player to button his lip.

But whereas Hamilton gets rightful sympathy for Bernie Ecclestone's outrageous belief that dressing as a Black and White Minstrel to demean a human being is quite funny, Barton gets none.

Because he's Joey Barton. A despised thug, bereft of credibility. So let's all throw the boot in.

Well these are the facts. On Wednesday a newspaper wrote the story: "Barton in 'big lips' race row", after the Newcastle midfielder had had a set-to with Gabby Agbonlahor of Aston Villa.

Agbonlahor hadn't claimed Barton said anything racist. Neither the referee, nor any players heard anything (including Barton's black colleague Habib Beye who was stood next to him), and when the FA asked Villa as a "duty of care" if they wanted to submit a complaint they declined.

When asked to comment, Barton said they'd had a few verbals, he'd told Agbonlahor to button his lip and at the end of the game they shook hands.

So how did Barton end up in the middle of a "race row"? Why was the internet buzzing with bloggers saying they always knew he was the same strain of scum as his halfbrother who murdered a black teenager? Why the calls to throw him back in jail?

Because one man had rung a newspaper to say: "You can see Barton saying something like 'big lips'. If this is true I think he should be kicked out of the game for good."

That paper then contacted a lipreading expert who claimed that Agbonlahor had thrust his bottom lip at Barton who told him to "pack it in, f****** lip" then claimed Barton "appeared" to mention his big lips.

On the basis of that evidence the paper did a leader on what a disgrace Barton was, claiming he was "involved in a foul-mouthed, racist outburst". They also had Page Three Stunnah, Amii, 22, saying: "I think it's disgusting if he did make racist remarks to another player. If true, Newcastle should think twice about letting him play."

I know what you're thinking. It's only Joey Barton. It's fair game to kick him when he's down, because he's turned kicking other people when they're down into an art form. So what if he wasn't being racist. The man's a thug. Who cares?

Well if your blood boils when you hear monkey grunts aimed at black players you should care.

Because looking for racism on a football pitch where none appears to exist damages the struggle against that evil and demeans those who fight it.

As for bringing in lip-readers to back up your agenda, how discredited is that? This week the Daily Mail has had to pay substantial damages to Marco Materazzi for claiming, with the help of a lip-reader, that he yelled at Zinedine Zidane: "You're the son of a terrorist whore." When he was actually telling Zidane that his sister was on the game.

Not nice. But not racist either. Yet Materazzi was hung out to dry. Just like Barton. Whatever you think about him, inventing a race row simply because he is so despised and thus an easy target, is shocking and wrong.

In fact I'm not sure what's more racist. Pointing at your lips when looking at a black man or claiming that pointing at your lips while looking at a black man is a racist act. Especially when you're alleging it because you're running a witchhunt.

But I know what is the more dishonest and dangerous.

Never mind Barton, someone needs to have a quick word with Google about their search suggestions.  If you've got firefox with the google search bar in the top right hand corner type "Why do black"

In the interests of equality, typing "why do white" brings up some interesting suggestions too.

Never mind Barton, someone needs to have a quick word with Google about their search suggestions.  If you've got firefox with the google search bar in the top right hand corner type "Why do black"

In the interests of equality, typing "why do white" brings up some interesting suggestions too.

why do that?

Guest Heneage

Sorry but Agbonglohor is loving playing the victim when I think nowts been done to him, in this crazy PC world if I can't tell a black man to button his lip because hes being cheeky due to its apparent racist connotations of large lips found within the genetics of black people, then I give up.

Sorry but Agbonglohor is loving playing the victim when I think nowts been done to him, in this crazy PC world if I can't tell a black man to button his lip because hes being cheeky due to its apparent racist connotations of large lips found within the genetics of black people, then I give up.

What has he actually said? He hasn't said there was any thing racist.

Strikes me that

1. FA asked Villa if they want to take it further.

2. Villa say there is nothing to take any further.

3. Subject should end, but doesn't, as the tabloids keep raking it up.

Blame the tabloids for this, not Agbonlahor.

Although

apparent racist connotations of large lips found within the genetics of black people, then I give up.

Hmmm.

A week in politics

A consequence of the invasion of the politicians at Soho Square? Witness the reaction of the FA to the incident between Joey Barton, of Newcastle United, and Gabriel Agbonlahor. At the merest hint of a race issue, based on a newspaper furore caused by a bloke lip-reading off the television, it lurched into action with all the measured sensibility of White Van Man, no doubt sensing the opportunity for another soundbite sermon from Lord PleasedMan.

When Agbonlahor and his club, Aston Villa, said they wanted the issue taken no farther – although, disgracefully, it was made to sound as if they were doing Barton a favour, rather than responding to the fact that there was very little hard evidence – the FA was forced to issue a statement saying that it would not be pursuing Barton after all.

This is what happens when politicians enter sport: there is too much emphasis on being seen to do the right thing, too much grandstanding, too much show. There was nothing to suggest that Barton aimed a racial slur at Agbonlahor beyond the belief that he made a comment about his lips, which may have involved telling him to shut them and no more, and all the FA achieved in its rush to act was to add to the problem so that a genuine complaint may not be viewed as trustingly next time. Another winner for the men from Westminster.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article5120132.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

:clap: :clap:

So what would the media have to say if Barton had threw a coin into the crowed drogba style? I am sure Drogba will get punished, but very little is going to be made of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/astonvilla/3439611/Gabby-Agbonlahor-waiting-for-Newcastles-Joey-Barton-to-apologise-after-spat-Football.html

Gabby Agbonlahor waiting for Newcastle's Joey Barton to apologise

Gabriel Agbonlahor has revealed that he is still waiting for an apology from Joey Barton after the Newcastle midfielder flicked his face and made disparaging remarks during last week's Premier League fixture between Newcastle and Aston Villa at St James' Park.

By Sandy Macaskill

Last Updated: 11:57AM GMT 12 Nov 2008

"It is forgotten," the Villa forward said. "It was last week so we'll just forget about it now. Maybe he will apologise – we'll have to wait and see. As far as I am concerned it is forgotten but if there's an apology there I'll take it."

Thanks might be more appropriate. It was Agbonlahor who was responsible for calling an end to an inquiry of the incident, initiated by Villa and then taken up by the Football Association, that could have had damaging repercussions for Barton's career.

Barton would have faced having his six-match ban, currently a suspended sentence, imposed, with the threat of more sanctions, especially considering the gravity of the charges, which included allegations of racism.

It was only this summer that Barton was released from prison after serving 74 days of a six-month sentence for assault and affray. However, Agbonlahor decided not to take matters further.

"At the time I wasn't very happy but he has had enough bad press so I decided to leave it," Agbonlahor said at the time. "The club decided they would back me, but I just decided that that is the sort of player he is and I thought I'd just leave it."

Agbonlahor is now turning his attentions to Arsenal, who Villa play at the Emirates on Saturday. Villa's recent performances have been far from perfect, but the Agbonlahor insists that they have the confidence to win nonetheless.

"We have a tough game against Arsenal but we have to keep it going," he explained. "The gaffer wants a team and a squad that can do things. The Arsenal game is on our minds. If Hull can go there and get a win why can't we? You can't be scared of anyone.

"We want to show what we can do. Fourth place is a possibility. It is going to be tough but the way we have been playing we can still do it. Hopefully we can go to Arsenal and get something. Last season we did well and they only scored in the last minute. We can go there with confidence."

Villa will have to perform better than they did against Middlesbrough on Sunday if they are to expect a result. Two costly defensive howlers, first from Nicky Shorey and then Steve Sidwell, were responsible for gifting Middlesbrough striker Tuncay a brace of goals.

Agbonlahor explained: "Sidwell didn't do it on purpose. He scored and did some good things for us. It was a shock he misplaced a pass but you see these things every week. The manager is disappointed like everyone – we should have won the game and we didn't."

What does he expect? "I'm sorry I touched your nose and said something about your lip when you were goading me and pushing your bottom lip out at me."

It is forgotten. It was last week so we'll just forget about it now. Maybe he will apologise – we'll have to wait and see. As far as I am concerned it is forgotten but if there's an apology there I'll take it.

Agbonlahor waiting for Newcastle's Joey Barton to apologise.

Spot the difference.

It is forgotten. It was last week so we'll just forget about it now. Maybe he will apologise – we'll have to wait and see. As far as I am concerned it is forgotten but if there's an apology there I'll take it.

Agbonlahor waiting for Newcastle's Joey Barton to apologise.

Spot the difference.

May I be allowed to apologise on Barton's behalf ?

"F*ck off Agbonlahor you horrible ugly, thick cheating tw@t"

There. Thats it done. Joey would be far to nice and restrained to tell him like it really is.

Sorry, Gaby, but if Joey said anything racially derogative to you, I think you have a duty to yourself and everyone else who has ever sufferred racist abuse to report it and take all possible action.

But he didn't, did he? You wanker. Makes a mockery of people who have experienced and struggled against racism throughout their lives.

As things stand, Agbonlahor is just allowing the media to fill in the blanks, which is fucking irresponsible. Says that he doesn't want to make a complaint because Joey's had enough bad press, when in turn allowing the rags to fabricate all the bad press they want. Cheers.

Fair bet that not one journo has actually asked on the record - 'Yes or no, did JB say anything of a racial nature?'. It's all responses to a more open-ended question, like 'do you have anything to say about the incident with JB'.... reply = 'It's in the past, yadda yadda'....TWAT!

Infuriated about this. I say boo the fuck out of him every touch at Villa Park.