Barton Incident With Agbonlahor? Was it f*** say the FA. Was it f*** say Villa.

Crumpy Gunt

I reckon most people on here have done worse things in their life than Barton, myself included. Easily. I bet half of us aren't detestable c***s.

what have you done worse than barton's charge sheet ?

except the hitzfeld thing obviously

He's done nothing worse on the pitch than a lot of other players. He should be judged by is actions on the pitch and perhaps given a bit of understanding that he was pelted with coins the other week and thoroughly abused by the mackems, then played an exemplary game against West Brom.

He's done nothing wrong this season as far as i'm concerned. No-one thinks Roy Keane is a c*** just because he went in with his studs up.

:laugh:

come off it..he should  be judged by his actions on the pitch ?   no...but after doing his time he should be judged on what he then does...on and off the pitch.

so far no problems to report apart from playing exceptionally well in the second half in our win against villa.

You know, you're right.

You're so cool  :aww:

I reckon most people on here have done worse things in their life than Barton, myself included. Easily. I bet half of us aren't detestable c***s.

I haven't stabbed anyone with a cigar, or assualted any one at my job to the point they had to go hospital. Don't know what kind of life you lead, but I certainly have not done the depsicable things Bartons has. Good player though.

He's done nothing worse on the pitch than a lot of other players. He should be judged by is actions on the pitch and perhaps given a bit of understanding that he was pelted with coins the other week and thoroughly abused by the mackems, then played an exemplary game against West Brom.

He's done nothing wrong this season as far as i'm concerned. No-one thinks Roy Keane is a c*** just because he went in with his studs up.

come off it..he should  be judged by his actions on the pitch ?   no...but after doing his time he should be judged on what he then does...on and off the pitch.

so far no problems to report apart from playing exceptionally well in the second half in our win against villa.

You know, you're right.

i'm aiming for ice cold next year

Guest Alan Shearer 9

SSN news bar: Agbonglahor has a broken cheekbone, possible brain damage. Barton been arrested and extradited to Guantanamo Bay, should sever a 10 season ban there.

I haven't stabbed anyone with a cigar, or assualted any one at my job to the point they had to go hospital. Don't know what kind of life you lead, but I certainly have not done the depsicable things Bartons has. Good player though.

You dont come from the west-end though, you might have met a few like that if you did.

You dont come from the west-end though, you might have met a few like that if you did.

:lol:

You know, you're right.

i'm aiming for ice cold next year

You're not that old.

Barton never fouled Agbonlahor. Players do that all the time when "shielding" the ball for a throw in so that certainly wasn't a foul. Agbonlahor was in the wrong for hoying him to the ground.

Barton should be very careful when raising his hands to people though. If Agbonlahor had went down he'd be out for another six games at least. I hope Kinnear talks to him about it.

Barton will get suspended if the ref didnt see it, i guarantee it. Was silly to be honest to Abbonlahors inital incident was quite frankly ridiculous - id imagine that had Barton done what gabby had done there'd be fireworks.

I love how a player can get THROWN TO THE GROUND and in football, grabbing another man's nose is a more harsh penalty.  In everyday life if someone was to grab/tap my nose i'd be less angry than getting thrown to the f**king ground.

I see people go in 2 foot challenges but when Barton does it - he hasn't learned a thing? Minus that training ground incident, can anyone tell me when hes gone and been a thug on the pitch? just curious - b/c maybe I am wrong. But ive seen Stevie Gerrard do 2 foot lunges every season and thats just a tough tackle.

Im looking at Sir Les with some of his comments about Barton after the match...

Any other player it would be completely ignored, was nothing absolutely nothing, if the FA act its a total disgrace.

Imagine how 'funny' the media would have found it if someone like Jimmy Bullard had done it.

I don't know what Graham Poll's on about either, saying he should have been sent off. I know you're not meant to raise your hand to a player's face, but was it really worth 3 yellow cards?

Guest Wally_McFool

Barton did himself no favours by  blanking the ref and ignoring his handshake at full time.

Bartons action give Steve Bennett a reason to be awkward and now report him o the FA over the Agbonlahor "flick" even though it was basically nowt.

I want to know why Setanta never asked why Laursen never got a yellow card for deliberately elbowing Shola just after Shola had done him and received a yellow card for it.

Barton did himself no favours by  blanking the ref and ignoring his handshake at full time.

Bartons action give Steve Bennett a reason to be awkward and now report him o the FA over the Agbonlahor "flick" even though it was basically nowt.

I want to know why Setanta never asked why Laursen never got a yellow card for deliberately elbowing Shola just after Shola had done him and received a yellow

I wouldn't normally go down this route, but I wasn't in the mood for shaking Bennett's had at full time either.

The bloke was a disgrace last night and seriously needs to review some of his decisions.

Always acts like that up here.

What wound me up about Poll and the rest of the people's comments on Setanta last night was they were saying how Joey said in his statement the other week that he was going to change but last nights game proved he hasn't. Joey's statement was talking about his off field activities, not drinking anymore and staying out of trouble off the pitch. He wasn't saying he was going to be an angel on the football pitch. I'd not seen it but they showed Rooney's psycho double challenge for a drop ball in the Hull game and there has been no fuss made about that. Joey has to realise that he shouldn't have raised his hand to flick Gabby's nose (Even though Gabby was winding him up by sticking his face out at him). A punch or a touch is viewed in the same way in the FIFA/FA rule book.

The one thing that might save Barton is that he barely touched him. If a precedent is set that a player can be cited after the game for that sort of contact, then the number of suspensions would double.

But to tell the truth, I fear the worst. If you raise your hands into an opponent's face, you're asking for trouble.

What Barton needs to learn is that sort of petulance is actually selfish. Regardless of who is in the right, he has to act with consideration for his team mates. He's an international class player, but he often acts with the mentality of an amateur.

for me hes never done anything wrong on the pitch in the public eye, well no more than your normal midfielder,  would understand the media outcry if he had raised his hand(if you can even call it that) in the street.

that said hes put himself in this position so really shouldnt give anyone a excuse to blow small things up, Glad agbonlahor took it for what it was and didnt drop to the ground like he had been shot like alot of players might have done