Barton Incident With Agbonlahor? Was it f*** say the FA. Was it f*** say Villa.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

It was a needless thing to do and Barton of all people should be made aware that every single thing he does on the pitch will be analysed from every possible angle.

Guest ovesbar

Beeing a foreign (Norwegian) I think the amount of bad press and criticism Bartons is getting over there is an absolute disgrace. Sure, the man has done his share of stupidity, but he has taken his punishment, and none of the incidents have been on the football-pitch. Then he touches another players nose, and all hell breakes loose. Sure, its not a smart thing to do when you are Joey Barton, but still, how can anyone say that is a red card?

The double-morale sickens me. Sunderland abusing Barton because of what he has done, when their manager Roy Keane deliberately ended Haalands carreer with a twofoot-leg breaker-tackle. And Villa fans now, abusing Barton when their own Carew beat the crap out of Riise on a national traning a few years back. And one of ManUs biggest legends Cantona who kicked a spectator in the face. These are just examples of player who were violent thugs ON the pitch, but never got the same amount of crap as Joey Barton is getting.

Guest mobiius

does anyone think agbonlahor would of missed his sitter and we would of kept a clean sheet if barton had,nt of got under his skin. for that alone barton needs praise and not condemnation he played a huge part in getting us out of the bottom of the table shit pit we were in. now we are where we belong, above the scum.

Beeing a foreign (Norwegian) I think the amount of bad press and criticism Bartons is getting over there is an absolute disgrace. Sure, the man has done his share of stupidity, but he has taken his punishment, and none of the incidents have been on the football-pitch. Then he touches another players nose, and all hell breakes loose. Sure, its not a smart thing to do when you are Joey Barton, but still, how can anyone say that is a red card?

The double-morale sickens me. Sunderland abusing Barton because of what he has done, when their manager Roy Keane deliberately ended Haalands carreer with a twofoot-leg breaker-tackle. And Villa fans now, abusing Barton when their own Carew beat the crap out of Riise on a national traning a few years back. And one of ManUs biggest legends Cantona who kicked a spectator in the face. These are just examples of player who were violent thugs ON the pitch, but never got the same amount of crap as Joey Barton is getting.

:clap: :clap:

Well said Ove.

Interesting perspective of the way the rabid English press treat Barton as opposed to thugs like Keane.

Whilst all the writers and commentators are banging on about nasty old Joey Barton the news that Wayne Rooney was cautioned by the police last week for common assault over an incident with a photographer has been largely ignored by the sporting media.

So he's assaulted a guy on the street & keeps losing his head on the pitch but somehow he's OK but Barton is the antichrist?

What a joke: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7707627.stm

The Football Association will await referee Steve Bennett's match report before deciding whether to take any action against Newcastle's Joey Barton.

Barton appeared to poke Gabriel Agbonlahor's face during the win over Aston Villa but escaped punishment.

"It will be a question of whether the referee saw it and dealt with it at the time," said an FA spokesman.

"If he didn't, the procedure would be to get the footage of the incident and ask the referee for his views."

The first half incident came after Barton, who is playing again after a ban and prison sentence, had been penalised for a foul but the poke on Agbonlahor went unpunished by Bennett.

Still, it helps with our siege mentality. The bastards are out to get us.

disappointed by the newcastle fans in the studio last night. Shud have picked Graham Poll up on his worthless views for speaking s****. It was a slight tap, IF THAT, not a slap.

Abonlaghor was being an idiot anyway.  Nothing in it.

Twice in the last three weeks defenders have been caught by cameras grabbing attackers by the bollocks.

Have they been charged? Course the haven't.

Media witch hunt if ever there was one

Was just about to say the same thing.

If Bullard had done that last night, everyone would have been laughing at what a cheeky chappy he is, yet had Barton squeezed Chimbonda's nuts in the wall of a free-kick, people would have still had a go at him.

barton was on the rough end of a lot of bad reffing decisions last night, there should be nothing made of the 'slap', if there is we should go after agbonlahor for 'manhandling a player off the ball' for judo flipping him. it's easier to write stories about barton 'not changing his spots' than a good article about how well we battled and were the better team and deserved the result.

barton was on the rough end of a lot of bad reffing decisions last night, there should be nothing made of the 'slap', if there is we should go after agbonlahor for 'manhandling a player off the ball' for judo flipping him. it's easier to write stories about barton 'not changing his spots' than a good article about how well we battled and were the better team and deserved the result.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/3331234/Newcastle-United-see-off-Aston-Villa-thanks-to-Obafemi-Martins-double--Football.html

Henry Winter doesnt even mention the incident.

Joey Barton: I'm innocent in Agbonlahor row

JOEY BARTON has insisted his clash with Gabriel Agbonlahor in last night’s victory over Aston Villa at St James’s Park was “much ado about nothing”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/04/joey-barton-i-m-innocent-in-agbonlahor-row-72703-22178115/

Always well spoken. Shame he's been a complete muppet in the past. He's definitely captain material for any club.

Joey Barton: I'm innocent in Agbonlahor row

Nov 4 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

JOEY BARTON has insisted his clash with Gabriel Agbonlahor in last night’s victory over Aston Villa at St James’s Park was “much ado about nothing”.

Reports today suggest the Newcastle United midfielder faced trial by television after replays showed Barton putting his fingers on Agbonlahor’s lips.

But even though he has a six-match suspended sentence hanging over him, Barton was quite relaxed about the whole affair when I spoke to him after the match.

Barton appeared to be pushed in the back by Agonlahor while disputing a free-kick, and the United midfielder appeared to put his fingers on the Villa star’s lips.

But the incident ended there, and both players shook hands on the final whistle.

And in his only interview after the game, Barton told the Chronicle: “I thought it was a foul against me, and I had a hold of the ball.

“We shook hands after the game and that’s the way it is. It was all about nothing.

“Nothing has gone on, people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

“With the referee, linesmen, the fourth official and all the television cameras, you know you cannot raise your hands these days – and at no stage have I done that.

“I am going home to bed now and I am going to sleep with a clear conscience.”

Last night’s game was beamed out live by Setanta, and former referee Graham Poll – who got it so horribly wrong when commenting on the Habib Beye red card situation a fortnight ago in the eyes of the FA Regulatory Commission – gave his opinion that Barton should have gone off.

But the player who committed two of the worst fouls of the game, and who has a squeaky clean reputation, was Villa’s former United winger James Milner – and he was not even booked.

The incident with Agbonlahor took a bit of gloss off a superb Newcastle victory when the whole team, including Barton, played a full part.

And the United midfielder added: “It was a pleasure to play for Newcastle United tonight, and long may it continue.

“I felt a lot stronger, but really for me it was easy because I am playing in a good team.”

Barton did pick up a booking for a seemingly legitimate tackle in the second half, and I can only hope it was not a case of his reputation preceding him.

He added: “The ball is there to be won and I am going to contest it. This is a part of my game and that’s what I was brought here to do – hopefully I can just get on with it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/3331234/Newcastle-United-see-off-Aston-Villa-thanks-to-Obafemi-Martins-double--Football.html

Actually he does, and goes on to say that although it was a nothing incident, Barton's capable of much worse. Then says "just wait"

The most impartial and factful match report however

He does. But in the objective and level headed manner you'd expect from a good journalist.

His line "Pride in the shirt, hunger in the tackle and touches of flair are all the Toon Army ask for and Kinnear’s players delivered" illustrates his knowledge of Newcastle and their fans.

Guest icemanblue

What a fucking non-story this is really, imagine all the times the cunt Rooney has pushed people around including judges without any punishment.

This is ridiculous, fucking mental.

Yeah! Rooney is a notorious judge-pusher!