Shola Out For Season - Oliver

Karjala

Guest Gemmill

Get in!!!  I'm so glad shola's out maybe if were lucky scott parker could break a leg or even better emre , duff & moore could all get into a fight & stab each other??

now it gives all are other top class strikers a chance to stake a claim.

honestly people who are glad shola's out are thick, like it or not he's are no1 striker & we will miss him

I'm sure some people on these board's want newcastle to do crap just so they can say I told you so!

It beggars belief, it has to be said.  We are 3 points from rock bottom of the league, and people are celebrating an injury to a player in an area of our already comedically thin squad that we can't afford to pick up injuries.  Utter stupidity.

Get in!!!  I'm so glad shola's out maybe if were lucky scott parker could break a leg or even better emre , duff & moore could all get into a fight & stab each other??

now it gives all are other top class strikers a chance to stake a claim.

honestly people who are glad shola's out are thick, like it or not he's are no1 striker & we will miss him

I'm sure some people on these board's want newcastle to do crap just so they can say I told you so!

It beggars belief, it has to be said. We are 3 points from rock bottom of the league, and people are celebrating an injury to a player in an area of our already comedically thin squad that we can't afford to pick up injuries. Utter stupidity.

Aye but gemmill your missing the point, with shola out it gives the mighty luque a chance to show what he can do for a club he loves???

I'm not sholas biggest fan but he's far better than having nee strikers

I wonder if the same people were celebrating when Given was injured.

After all, everyone knows Harper could have played for England, we had a kid in reserve, and goalkeeping isn't important.

Guest Knightrider

Some right cock-ends on here like. Have a word with yourselves man. Shola's injury is nothing but bad news for us and if you can't see why, then you're an idiot.

Guest nufcandy

Some right cock-ends on here like. Have a word with yourselves man. Shola's injury is nothing but bad news for us and if you can't see why, then you're an idiot.

totaly agree 100%

So, like, can someone on N-O start doing some research on the best pubs around Luton, Colchester, and Burnley?

The season Burnley are having so far, we might not be facing them.

In all honesty, this is horrendous. Arguably our most likely goal threat and out due to sheer ineptness from the management and physio staff. He's been injured for fuck knows how long and has needed an op for nearly as long. If you need an op you have an op FFS, its not the NHS at NUFC.

Shola isn't our most likely goal threat for fuck sake..  Sorry but I won't be shedding any tears over this.  Not because Shola's so bad that we need him out of the squad, but because Roeder is complerely delusional towards him.  Roeder see's Shola as the clubs number 1 striker (well maybe number 2 when Owen is fit).  Rossi, Luque and even Martins are behind him in Roeders opinion and this just isn't good for the team.  Maybe this will force Roeder to play Rossi/Martins, Luque/Martins or Rossi/Luque instead and when Ameobi finally does come back at least he'll be a better player for not carrying this injury every game..

Guest The Fox

Should never have relied on him hobbling through the season aggravating the injury.

He should have had the operation at the end of last season, regardless oif whether you think he is any good or not.

Guest thompers

If he was being used as a squad player, like he should be, it would be bad news. If an injury is the ONLY way (which it seems it is) for a more able player to be given an opportunity (of which Shola was had dozens too many) then I'm sorry, but I see it as good news.

It's like having John Terry in the reserves and Roeder starting Bramble every game. If the only way for Terry to get his chance was for Titus to break a leg, would it be good news if he did?

Shola isn't our most likely goal threat for fuck sake..  Sorry but I won't be shedding any tears over this.  Not because Shola's so bad that we need him out of the squad, but because Roeder is complerely delusional towards him.  Roeder see's Shola as the clubs number 1 striker (well maybe number 2 when Owen is fit).  Rossi, Luque and even Martins are behind him in Roeders opinion and this just isn't good for the team.  Maybe this will force Roeder to play Rossi/Martins, Luque/Martins or Rossi/Luque instead and when Ameobi finally does come back at least he'll be a better player for not carrying this injury every game..

Joint top scorer this season in 3 games less than Martins tbh. 1 in 3 last season in the league.

Guest thompers

:lol:

So who is in the reserves that is going to blow us away then thompers?

Erm there was this bloke who played for the Spanish national team, Real Madrid and Liverpool were interested once I heard. He came here got the worst injury of his career, disrupting his settling in and adapting period, then was given a small handful of games upon his return. But as he didn't play like Ronaldo in his prime, he was dropped (despite being equally as awful as Shola was when he first 'burst' onto the scene). The difference being, Shola is a GEORDIE, so was given countless opportunties after, whereas Luque is Spanish, and despite PROVING that he's got ability in the past (which Shola never has),  Luque was tossed into the reserves.

It's fucking scandelous tbf.

I couldn't give a fuck whether Ameobi's Geordie or not, fact is he's scored lots of goals under Roeder. Luque, on the other hand has looked total shit, and completely uninterested. I'm not sure where you get this idea from that he'll burst into life and start banging them in.

I don't particularly agree with the way Roeder has treated Luque, but to use that as a way of justifying being happy our current top goalscorer is crocked is mental.

Guest thompers

I couldn't give a fuck whether Ameobi's Geordie or not, fact is he's scored lots of goals under Roeder. Luque, on the other hand has looked total shit, and completely uninterested. I'm not sure where you get this idea from that he'll burst into life and start banging them in.

I don't particularly agree with the way Roeder has treated Luque, but to use that as a way of justifying being happy our current top goalscorer is crocked is mental.

The fact that he's our top goalscorer tells it's own story when you consider how fucking toothless we are with him up front ffs. He's part of the fucking reason that we don't score anymore!

This whole "Luque has looked disinterested" shit is something I'm not buying either. Everytime I've seen him play he's looked like he's trying. But let's pretend he's not trying cos he doesn't fly into tackles like fucking Scott Parker.

Ameobi has scored 'lots' of goals under Roeder is fucking bullshit. He's scored a few, mainly goals that any other striker would have scored had he been playing, as well as more probably.

The idea that Luque 'will burst to life' isn't a certainty. But he's certainly PROVED before that he's capable, unlike Shola, and where the fuck is the logic in dropping him because he didn't make an instant impact?

I'm pleased that Shola is injured, because it's (hopefully) giving a more able player a deserved chance, afterall, Shola had plenty of undeserved ones.

I couldn't give a **** whether Ameobi's Geordie or not, fact is he's scored lots of goals under Roeder. Luque, on the other hand has looked total shit, and completely uninterested. I'm not sure where you get this idea from that he'll burst into life and start banging them in.

The fact that he's our top goalscorer tells it's own story when you consider how ****ing toothless we are with him up front ffs. He's part of the ****ing reason that we don't score anymore!

This whole "Luque has looked disinterested" shit is something I'm not buying either. Everytime I've seen him play he's looked like he's trying. But let's pretend he's not trying cos he doesn't fly into tackles like ****ing Scott Parker.

Ameobi has scored 'lots' of goals under Roeder is ****ing bullshit. He's scored a few, mainly goals that any other striker would have scored had he been playing, as well as more probably.

The idea that Luque 'will burst to life' isn't a certainty. But he's certainly PROVED before that he's capable, unlike Shola, and where the **** is the logic in dropping him because he didn't make an instant impact?

I'm pleased that Shola is injured, because it's (hopefully) giving a more able player a deserved chance, afterall, Shola had plenty of undeserved ones.

He has scored a goal every over game under Roeder and got a few assists aswell, what more do you want? Thats pretty good for someone who "wouldnt get into a pub team!"

Its like being excited that your old Fiesta has broken down because now you can bike the 27 mile round trip to work!

Guest thompers

I couldn't give a **** whether Ameobi's Geordie or not, fact is he's scored lots of goals under Roeder. Luque, on the other hand has looked total shit, and completely uninterested. I'm not sure where you get this idea from that he'll burst into life and start banging them in.

The fact that he's our top goalscorer tells it's own story when you consider how ****ing toothless we are with him up front ffs. He's part of the ****ing reason that we don't score anymore!

This whole "Luque has looked disinterested" shit is something I'm not buying either. Everytime I've seen him play he's looked like he's trying. But let's pretend he's not trying cos he doesn't fly into tackles like ****ing Scott Parker.

Ameobi has scored 'lots' of goals under Roeder is ****ing bullshit. He's scored a few, mainly goals that any other striker would have scored had he been playing, as well as more probably.

The idea that Luque 'will burst to life' isn't a certainty. But he's certainly PROVED before that he's capable, unlike Shola, and where the **** is the logic in dropping him because he didn't make an instant impact?

He has scored a goal every over game under Roeder and got a few assists aswell, what more do you want? Thats pretty good for someone who "wouldnt get into a pub team!"

Its like being excited that your old Fiesta has broken down because now you can bike the 27 mile round trip to work!

Now lies to back up your arguments?

Some i meant other, what is his goal to game ratio under Roeder then?

Bit harsh picking up on a typo from GeJon.

You know when someone is losing an argument when their only come backs are picking up on typo's or cliches like "he would struggle to get into a pub team" etc...

Guest thompers

Some i meant other, what is his goal to game ratio under Roeder then?

Can't be arsed to check. Though I promise it's much poorer than you state.