Magpies' Delph bid rejected

Dokko

Whites shun Newcastle's move for starlet

Ken Bates has confirmed Leeds United rejected a recent bid from Newcastle United for starlet Fabian Delph.

The 18-year-old Whites midfielder has attracted interest from Premier League clubs following a string of fine displays in his breakthrough season with the League One outfit.

Arsenal have been constantly linked with a bid for the England Under-19 international, but chairman Bates says The Magpies have already made a move for the talented youngster.

Amazed

"I'm still amazed at a recent offer Newcastle made for Fabian," he told Yorkshire Radio. "I won't tell you the content of the fax we sent back but it did end the conversation.

"It's inevitable if the team does well predatory upper league clubs will try their luck without success.

"Fabian Delph will be moving to Premier League - but we hope he'll be moving with us via the Championship.

"He signed a four-year contract until 2012 and he doesn't want to go anywhere."

Rule out

Meanwhile, Bates is refusing to rule out selling out-of-favour Bradley Johnson when the transfer window reopens in January.

Johnson, who is currently enjoying a successful loan spell with Brighton, has been linked with Championship clubs QPR, Cardiff and Southampton

"One of the clubs reportedly interested in Bradley couldn't do anything anyway," he continued.

"Gary McAllister will look at where he feels he needs to strengthen and what players are surplus to requirements."

------------------------

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, i did try to do a search but the forum had a mental breakdown, but thankfully it only took 5 mins to post the topic so not all bad.  :doh:

"I'm still amazed at a recent offer Newcastle made for Fabian," he told Yorkshire Radio. "I won't tell you the content of the fax we sent back but it did end the conversation.

why was he amazed if we made an offer?  That we shouldn't be, because our owner wants out?  f*** him.  c***.

I read it that Mr Bates was amazed at the size of the offer (Too small I'd imagine) rather than where the offer came from

The last person Leeds will do a deal with is Wise (even if he wasn't involved in this one).

Bates will sell to anyone if the money is right as would most clubs, see Bolton selling us Faye for example.

One of the morning papers reckon Arsenal are after him too.

why was he amazed if we made an offer?  That we shouldn't be, because our owner wants out?  f*** him.  c***.

I'm reading that as we offered them a pittance..

this is from the summer transfer window, Delph was one of the three kids from Leeds that Wise hoped to steal for small or negligable fees. as delph was already in the first team at Leeds it seems the offer was laughed off.

The last person Leeds will do a deal with is Wise (even if he wasn't involved in this one).

Bates will sell to anyone if the money is right as would most clubs, see Bolton selling us Faye for example.

Oh aye, there's always a price you can't turn down (Milner!!).

Can only see us having to go much higher than anyone else to even get a look in though due to the bad rep Wise has got at Leeds. Thats if we follow this up again like. Was probably a quick 1st offer to get in before everyone else.

Think I read somewhere that Arsenal were going to buy him and leave him at Leeds on loan, or that if he was sold Leeds wanted to keep him on loan....one of those two(?).

Guest sicko2ndbest

So the owner is still looking to spend money on players?

I am so confused by the current situation ...

Wise has a pot!

His job would be redundant if he had no cash to work with, and Ashley would not want to be seen to be getting rid of Wise off the payroll now after all that has gone on

Whites shun Newcastle's move for starlet

Ken Bates has confirmed Leeds United rejected a recent bid from Newcastle United for starlet Fabian Delph.

The 18-year-old Whites midfielder has attracted interest from Premier League clubs following a string of fine displays in his breakthrough season with the League One outfit.

Arsenal have been constantly linked with a bid for the England Under-19 international, but chairman Bates says The Magpies have already made a move for the talented youngster.

Amazed

"It's inevitable if the team does well predatory upper league clubs will try their luck without success.

"Fabian Delph will be moving to Premier League - but we hope he'll be moving with us via the Championship.

"He signed a four-year contract until 2012 and he doesn't want to go anywhere."

Rule out

Meanwhile, Bates is refusing to rule out selling out-of-favour Bradley Johnson when the transfer window reopens in January.

Johnson, who is currently enjoying a successful loan spell with Brighton, has been linked with Championship clubs QPR, Cardiff and Southampton

"One of the clubs reportedly interested in Bradley couldn't do anything anyway," he continued.

"Gary McAllister will look at where he feels he needs to strengthen and what players are surplus to requirements."

:idiot2:

How can you be shocked and expect the same thing at the same time :lol: