Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Individual errors by CH's will usually be punished. Cacapa made 2 today and it's cost us the game.

Fulham have gone from 18th to 10th with those 3 points btw. It's so tight down there and it's going to be like that for much of the season. Just got to move on to Wigan and make sure we beat them. Disappointing result but not the end of the world. 

We're in the doo-doo if we don't do Wigan. Chelsea and 'Boro away after that...

I thought Butt was alright today for the record, and i wouldn't usually say that. Kept possession relatively well and actually tried to play positively. Duff was Duff, only multiplied. Ie, run run run, point point point, pull face pull face pull face...

... NO END PRODUCT.

I thought him, Caçapa and Enrique were the only stand out poor individuals on the pitch today. Everyone else was just plain average, really. We still should have won.

Unfair on Enrique tbh. Much better than Cacapa, but gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking. You don't like him really do you?

Today really did define Kinnear.

We've been creating chances all game and we need to nick a goal desperately...

... so he takes off our one creative player and goes long-ball (the only system we can't play).

Was an absolute joke that Geremi, at the very least, didn't come on. Someone with some actual supply.

For what its worth

Given 6 - not much he could do about both goals

Beye 6 - Did ok defending wise, should done better with crosses from some of the positions he got himself into

Colo 6 - Other than the penalty thought he did really well

Cacapa 3 - Awful, just looked out of his depth the whole game.

Enrique 5 - gave the ball away loads in the first half, got better in the second.

Duff 6 - thought he was our biggest threat

Butt 5 - got better in the second half, but didn't have much of an impact

Barton 5 - same as butt

Jonas 5 - other than one good run and cross he just didn't seem to want to take on his man, a lot like the villa 1st half game, poor for him.

Ameobi 6 - did alright, good goal.

Martins 5 - just looked like he was trying too hard the whole game, wasn't really a threat at all.

Overall, looked like a typical midtable team there. Depressing stuff.

I thought Butt was alright today for the record, and i wouldn't usually say that. Kept possession relatively well and actually tried to play positively. Duff was Duff, only multiplied. Ie, run run run, point point point, pull face pull face pull face...

... NO END PRODUCT.

I thought him, Caçapa and Enrique were the only stand out poor individuals on the pitch today. Everyone else was just plain average, really. We still should have won.

Unfair on Enrique tbh. Much better than Cacapa, but gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking. You don't like him really do you?

I've done nowt but rave about Enrique for 12 months now tbh. Today he was poor though, i thought. Worst i've seen from him for us.

... NO END PRODUCT.

I thought Enrique was a train wreck in the first half. Doing very simple things poorly.

I'm unsure why people were so desperate to get Owen on the park. When your going to a ground like Fulham you know the play is going to be as tight as a ducks arse. As it happened it turned out that way and I was disappointed with the way Kinnear reacted to it. Why on earth did he bring Owen on? Whats the point in bringing on a finisher when there was no chances to finish?

In that situation you want someone who can create a yard of space, keep posession and pick a pass in the final third. For me we really lacked Guthrie today, I was slightly bermused as to why he wasn't brought on. Guthrie and Gonzales would of worked wonders for us today and I'd have brought the former on before I'd of even considered Owen.

Shocking, and inept.

You'd think a side that wins 2 in a row would have spring in their step and at least take it to a far inferior team (on paper), But what did we get? Fucking dross for 45 mins! You just knew we were going 1 down sooner or later and to that diving bald twat makes it even worse.

If we don't get serious money spent in Jan then we are going down as nearly all of those players look championship standard at best and not deserving a quarter of the money the cunts earn!

Fucking no Pride!

Guest neesy111

typically no consistency from us

you can blame the manager 2nd half

but the players didn't look arsed 1st half at all

That game reminded me of exactly the type of game that we have after a decent performance under roeder. Albeit with a better team I reckon.

So the positives:

Colo was good again despite the penalty

Barton was driving the little that we had

Good shift by Beye

Jonas was looking threatening second half

We could have won it if Cacapa hadnt have played.

The Negatives

Cacapa - Largely at fault for the loss.Blame culture or not, I think thats as clear as day, I like the fella but he's not cut out for the premier league imo

Kinnears decisions - Cacapa instead of Bassong. Jonas off instead of Duff. One was very annoying, the other managed to cost us the match.

Duff - Absolutely legless headless chicken

Enrique constantly banging his head against a brick wall in the last 10 minutes playing the long ball

Don't understand this point, it's what you do when your down by a goal near the end of a game.

Guest neesy111

Shocking, and inept.

You'd think a side that wins 2 in a row would have spring in their step and at least take it to a far inferior team (on paper), But what did we get? Fucking dross for 45 mins! You just knew we were going 1 down sooner or later and to that diving bald twat makes it even worse.

If we don't get serious money spent in Jan then we are going down as nearly all of those players look championship standard at best and not deserving a quarter of the money the cunts earn!

Fucking no Pride!

typical, we are doomed comment

My faith in Kinnear has evaporated after today.

So going by that, a win against Wigan will bring it straight back?

Kinnear is doing as I expected really, I didn't think he'd be a complete failure but I certainly wasn't expecting much at all. The odd win under his reign will keep us hovering above the relegation zone. I don't think we'll climb out of that area whilst he is here. He really has to go.

Shocking, and inept.

Fucking no Pride!

Really don't agree at all tbh. Yes we were out of sorts but all day long that should have been one of those poxy 1-0ers. Two individual errors from one player cost us the game. Fulham didn't have a sniff other than that, aside from long-range efforts. Individual errors. I thought the team slogged away fairly doggedly - like i ay - they weren't great and the wingers let us down in-particular, but we were alright.

Given 6

Beye 6

Colo 5

Cacapa 2

Enrique 5

Duff 3

Butt 6

Barton 5

Jonas G. 5

Martins 5

Shola 6

JFKinnear 4

Man of the match ? Probably Shola or Butt for effort which just about sums up our performance

Guest firetotheworks

Given - 6

Beye - 5

Cacapa - 1

Colo - 5

Enrique - 4

Duff - 3

Barton - 6

Butt - 4

Jonas - 5

Shola - 4

Martins - 4

Owen - 3

As a positive we played badly and still could have won had we not beat ourselves. Im pissed off but Im not going to let it get me down, we need to keep the flame ignited.

So going by that, a win against Wigan will bring it straight back?

Kinnear is doing as I expected really, I didn't think he'd be a complete failure but I certainly wasn't expecting much at all. The odd win under his reign will keep us hovering above the relegation zone. I don't think we'll climb out of that area whilst he is here. He really has to go.

Agree totally. Decent man management only gets you so far. It's tactical nous that pushes a team forward.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas was again poor, like against Villa for most of the game. He looks to me like he's still adjusting and getting fit, but i also think Kinnear has put all the attacking burden of the side onto his mending shoulders, which isn't too clever.

Staggering.

Guest neesy111

typically no consistency from us

you can blame the manager 2nd half

but the players didn't look arsed 1st half at all

Well thats partly the manager's fault as well then isn't it?

well after the players go out he can do fuck all from the sidelines, but if they can play better in the 2nd half why didn't they first half

After two good wins.. i suppose he was skating on super thin ice weren't he?

And for all we know..vJonas could of had a bit of a knock at half time.