Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Throughly pedestrian effort against a crap team.

Given: 6

Beye: 6

Cacapa: 3

Coloccini: 4

Enrique: 5 Frustrating.

Duff: 5

Barton: 6

Butt: 5

Jonas: 5 (Worst game for us; still not the player to take off)

Ameobi: 5

Martins: 5

Owen: 4

Kinnear: 3

MOTM? Well, Beye didn't embarrass himself. Barton was alright.

What worries me is that Cacapa struggled ALL FUCKING GAME and Kinnear took no action to change things. He had options on the bench, there was no excuse for sitting and watching him fuck up time and time again.

Which is exactly why Kinnear has to go. This isn't the first time his substitutions (amongst other things) have proved what a poor manager he is. The longer he is here the worse things we'll get in my opinion. I'll give him credit for the odd win, and he's keeping things ticking over, but little more.

Guest toonlass

Given 6

Beye 6

Colo 5

Cacapa 0.5

Enrique 6

Duff 5

Butt 6

Barton 6

Jonas 5

Oba 5

Shola 6

Poor, winnable game, shocking that Cacapa started, shocking subs. Oh fuck it!

Jonas was again poor, like against Villa for most of the game. He looks to me like he's still adjusting and getting fit, but i also think Kinnear has put all the attacking burden of the side onto his mending shoulders, which isn't too clever.

Staggering.

Why? Jonas was crap against Villa until the last 10 mins, which is what i wrote. He passed it poorly, never really ran with the ball, lost it cheaply and look knacked by half time. I know he likes to defend but christ if he didn't tun all over the place as much then he might last a full game. Its okay defending in the slow Spanish league, you can catch up with play there but here he's just tiring himself out for our attacks.

I must have been watching a different version of the Villa match because I dont remember him being anything but a threat.

Until the run for the goal he was extremely inconsistent, passing was off, runs didn't go to many places. He needs to learn that he hasn't got to be here there and every f***ing where, this isn't Spain where you can gallop from one end to the other and the ball will be slowly getting passed around the midfield. Whether he thinks owes the fans something after injury or he's getting fit and doing too much like sprinting everywhere he needs to stop it because he looks too tired in the places that matter and is then unfocused and sloppy for our attacks.

You're exaggerating tbh, in my opinion. Even if he's not playing at his best he's still one of our most essential players.

I like him, i think he has the potential to be one of the best wingers ever for Newcastle United. I think i'm being harsh to judge as he is coming back from injury, but you would think he'd have a bit more discipline. He plays to a level where you have to be ridiculously fit, running everywhere, never stopping but when you've just come back you should probably play a little bit easier. Maybe he just hasn't sussed out the league's pace and thinks he can keep up with the level he plays at but for me its just wasted energy.

What worries me is that Cacapa struggled ALL f***ing GAME and Kinnear took no action to change things. He had options on the bench, there was no excuse for sitting and watching him f*** up time and time again.

His substitutions are generally baffling.

Guest neesy111

Alot of Kneejerks as usual. Disapointed to have lost but it wasn't so long ago that we would have been spanked by even this lot. We have had two good wins at home against better footballing sides than fulham. We must go and beat Wigan, which i believe we will. Despite today's set back i still believe we are improving.

It's not kneejerk to say we didn't play well today, we had far too many players who played well short of how they should be able to play against a poor Fulham side.

kneejerk in that we're going down, the players are useless as i have commented on 1 before hand

That game reminded me of exactly the type of game that we have after a decent performance under roeder. Albeit with a better team I reckon.

So the positives:

Colo was good again despite the penalty

Barton was driving the little that we had

Good shift by Beye

Jonas was looking threatening second half

We could have won it if Cacapa hadnt have played.

The Negatives

Cacapa - Largely at fault for the loss.Blame culture or not, I think thats as clear as day, I like the fella but he's not cut out for the premier league imo

Kinnears decisions - Cacapa instead of Bassong. Jonas off instead of Duff. One was very annoying, the other managed to cost us the match.

Duff - Absolutely legless headless chicken

Enrique constantly banging his head against a brick wall in the last 10 minutes playing the long ball

Don't understand this point, it's what you do when your down by a goal near the end of a game.

Even when it hasnt worked for the entire match? And continues to not work when you do it at every opportunity in the last 10 minutes? I rate Enrique but he pissed me off when he kept at it. Beye was overlapping though and was unfortunate to have Duff as his Wingman.

Exactly, Enrique didnt have a Jonas in front of him to use so the long ball was the best option, rather than gving it to Butt or Cacapa inside him.

Guest firetotheworks

That game reminded me of exactly the type of game that we have after a decent performance under roeder. Albeit with a better team I reckon.

So the positives:

Good shift by Beye

The Negatives

Cacapa - Largely at fault for the loss.Blame culture or not, I think thats as clear as day, I like the fella but he's not cut out for the premier league imo

Kinnears decisions - Cacapa instead of Bassong. Jonas off instead of Duff. One was very annoying, the other managed to cost us the match.

Enrique constantly banging his head against a brick wall in the last 10 minutes playing the long ball

Don't understand this point, it's what you do when your down by a goal near the end of a game.

Even when it hasnt worked for the entire match? And continues to not work when you do it at every opportunity in the last 10 minutes? I rate Enrique but he pissed me off when he kept at it. Beye was overlapping though and was unfortunate to have Duff as his Wingman.

Exactly, Enrique didnt have a Jonas in front of him to use so the long ball was the best option, rather than gving it to Butt or Cacapa inside him.

Id see your point if something, in fact anything was coming off when he was playing the long ball. He was hitting it in the right areas and they were decent long balls but he should have been thinking 'hads on, this isnt working'...in spanish.

So the positives:

Good shift by Beye

The Negatives

Id see your point if something, in fact anything was coming off when he was playing the long ball. He was hitting it in the right areas and they were decent long balls but he should have been thinking 'hads on, this isnt working'...in spanish.

The long ball gets the ball in and around those areas and there is more chance of us picking up a lucky bobble from the second ball. I am not a fan of long ball generally, but sometimes it is just needed. He would have probably had JK shouting him to launch it long as well.

So the positives:

Good shift by Beye

The Negatives

The long ball gets the ball in and around those areas and there is more chance of us picking up a lucky bobble from the second ball. I am not a fan of long ball generally, but sometimes it is just needed. He would have probably had JK shouting him to launch it long as well.

Agree, most teams would do the same in that sort of position.

Well, at least I've seen us score now.  :-[

Honestly not too unhappy with the performance. We easily deserved at least a point if not all three, and probably would have won it comfortably if not for a certain individual...

I wasn't aware of this, when did we bring Boumsong back? Wait, that was Cacapa? Well, I have trouble distinguishing between the two because they're both big, black, bald, and f***ing s***.  :angry:

Seriously, that's twice now that he's single-handedly, and I mean literally single-handedly cost us a match. Hopefully Kinnear will learn from his mistake and never, ever play him again.

Great atmosphere from our support throughout the match. Watching a Newcastle match from the away end was really everything I dreamed it would be. I've completely lost my voice from screaming throughout the match, and the way the away stand at Fulham literally bounces made it feel like we were bringing the whole thing down when we scored. Lads in the back who kept banging on the metal caging got a bit annoying though.

We got kicked out of the away pub exactly around when I arrived though, so I wasn't able to get a drink  :tickedoff: wonder what all the bother was about.

Overall, I'm not as gutted as I'd normally be because a. I've finally seen Newcastle score at a live game, and b. I think performance-wise we've shown that we've got enough quality to avoid relegation if we keep playing at 100%.

It was nice having one week where we could imagine that we'd dug ourself out of the relegation fight and could make it up to top half, but the time for dreaming is over now. Time to get our s*** together and prepare for a long, hard season.

(f*** me, we're already back in the bottom three  :frantic:)

That was a game we should not have lost, against a poor team and again showed the severe lack of cover we have in critical positions. May sound like a broken record but a couple of injuries & I'll be seriously worried.

Cacapa shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team.

Yes if we beat Wigan we could shoot back up the table but that really isn't the point. The way the league is and with the quality of the teams we really should have a squad that is pushing 5th.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Barton is not a good footballer

He is though.  In fact he's one of our best.

Spending the afternoon being by-passed by long ball shite isn't going to help him though.

Barton really isn't a good player

Barton is not a good footballer

He is though.  In fact he's one of our best.

Spending the afternoon being by-passed by long ball shite isn't going to help him though.

Barton really isn't a good player

He is though. Did you ever watch him play for Man City?

What's the point of having Michael Owen on the field if we don't have players on the pitch who can deliver the ball to him? It's unbelievable that we only made one substitution in this game. Charlie should have come on for Duff and Geremi (he was on the bench, wasn't he?) should have come on for Butt, imo.

Cacapa cost us the game, but the lack of delivery didn't help us. In the last 15 minutes, the lads could barely push past half and when they did, they held the ball helplessly in midfield.

That being said, we need to bounce back next game at home and get back on track. It's not the end of the world.