JK is f*cking useless with substitutions

alpal78

What pisses me off is that every day the Chronicle has some bullshit story that Kinnear is apparently 'sorry for abusing the ref' or how 'Shola is now a hero'.

Cut the bullshit and question the cunt about why he is clueless with substitutions.

Had Owen tucked away his sitter, or Coloccini likewise, would this thread even exist?

So because Owen missed a chance, that gives the manager the right to basically give up on the game and not try and change anything? For the last 15, Fulham were in cruise control and we let them be.

Doesn't Owen having the chance in the first place suggest it's harsh to say Kinnear is "clueless" purely because he could or should have done more?

Agree that he should have done more, but to be fair, that defeat wasn't that much worse than the many defeats we've suffered away to mediocre London clubs in the past decade and a half - even under top managers like Keegan or Sir Bobby with considerably better teams. At least we we're the better side overall, did try to go for the win, but came away with a defeat due to one player falling apart.

Well yeah.. but we would have stood a better chance of winning if we had left our creative output  (Jonas) on, and taken off the player that hadn't done much and looked knackered - Duff.. When we had 3 strikers on the entire team lost shape and pace. Martins was the only player left on with any real speed on him and he'd be ineffective all match anyway.

His subs are regularly either clueless or far too late, some examples:

Man City - Andy Carroll came on instead of Xisco and Carrolls lazy as fuck jogging about and lack of bal retention led to City counter attacking.

Sunderland - Brought on Gutierrez & Barton on in the 80th minute pretty much, far too late in the game. We needed these players earlier.

Fulham - See above, removed the pace and ruined the shape of the team.

Had Owen tucked away his sitter, or Coloccini likewise, would this thread even exist?

exactly. bringing Owen on, a bad substitsion? If you Knobs think you can do better . Apply for the job.

Did anyone say bringing Owen on was a bad substitution? Bringing him on was the right thing to do. The timing was imperfect but it was the fact that he replaced Gutierrez not Duff that has angered people such as myself.

exactly. bringing Owen on, a bad substitsion? If you Knobs think you can do better . Apply for the job.

Did anyone say bringing Owen on was a bad substitution? Bringing him on was the right thing to do. The timing was imperfect but it was the fact that he replaced Gutierrez not Duff that has angered people such as myself.

Bang on, wish people read before posting. Nobody has said that  bringing Owen in was wrong, it was however too late. When he did finally moved his ass to get him on, he still screwed it up by taking out Jonas instead of Duff. And don't get me started on the fact that he kept Butt and Duff for 90 minutes when we had Guthrie, Charlie and Geremi on the bench.

I don't mind us losing a game, but I want to see our manager go out and do something to try and win the game. Bring on substitutes to freshen things up, show some urgency and courage to try and change the game. JK did none of that, not even close. 

What pisses me off is that every day the Chronicle has some bullshit story that Kinnear is apparently 'sorry for abusing the ref' or how 'Shola is now a hero'.

Cut the bullshit and question the cunt about why he is clueless with substitutions.

The Chronicle aren't there to question any Newcastle manager, they're there to suck him off on demand.

OK, benefit of doubt has gone out of the window now - Gutierrez taken off again despite Duff being shit (again). Kinnear clearly going down the same route as Allardyce in terms of favouritism. Instead of Alan Smith playing every game and not coming off no matter how shit/useless, its now Shola, Butt and Duff.

It's totally disgusting the way no matter what he's going to keep his mate Duffers out there. Another pathetic display from all concerned. Duff couldnt clear a ball that came right at him off the line...

Don't understand what his thinking is in bringing Jonas off every game when there's no really clear need to do so, there are so many more likely candidates.

Next interim manager please. JK is wasting everyone's time.

I think that's probably true but he's building a strong case against it.

Just remember what we were like before he came in, I'm not trying to build him up because he's cost us again today, not for the first time.

The Interim manager is doing a better job than the Caretaker manager did.

I agree, he's still not good enough.

I agree. What are the odds the only bloke actually worse at managing Newcastle United than JFK is the bloke who sits next him in the dug out.

As soon as they went down to 10 men he should of whacked Owen it would of mentally destroyed the fuckers.

Couldn't agree more. Not only that, they compressed their defensive shape and we needed more movement upfront in the final 1/3. Ameobi should've made way for Owen immediately.

owen should've been on from the start. failing that,at half time given that we were chasing the game.

As soon as they went down to 10 men he should of whacked Owen it would of mentally destroyed the fuckers.

Couldn't agree more. Not only that, they compressed their defensive shape and we needed more movement upfront in the final 1/3. Ameobi should've made way for Owen immediately.

owen should've been on from the start. failing that,at half time given that we were chasing the game.

You're absolutely correct, but JK has misplaced faith that Ameobi can be next John Fashunu ie. his immobile, yet prolific, targetman. Unless JK is struck by sudden change of mind with respect to his coaching/strategic ideology is suspect that Shola might well be one of the first names added to his team sheet on a week-to-week basis, and that's with a healthy striking department at his disposal.