Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has ruled out the prospect of him becoming the next Sunderland manager.

Bruce is continually linked with jobs that become available as a result of the impressive work he has done at the JJB Stadium.

The former Manchester United captain admits he would not be interested in the job because he would see it as an act of betrayal towards his former Old Trafford team-mate Roy Keane and that as a Geordie he could never manage Newcastle's biggest rivals.

"Let's nip this straight in the bud. It's a total non-starter," Bruce told The Sun.

"I'm very happy at Wigan and if you cut me open I'd be black and white to the core!"

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has ruled out the prospect of him becoming the next Sunderland manager.

Bruce is continually linked with jobs that become available as a result of the impressive work he has done at the JJB Stadium.

The former Manchester United captain admits he would not be interested in the job because he would see it as an act of betrayal towards his former Old Trafford team-mate Roy Keane and that as a Geordie he could never manage Newcastle's biggest rivals.

"Let's nip this straight in the bud. It's a total non-starter," Bruce told The Sun.

"I'm very happy at Wigan and if you cut me open I'd be black and white to the core!"

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Sunderland fans would love to see that.

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

:lol: there are loads of similar quotes from him.

All this bollocks about him being a Newcastle fan is just that - bollocks. If they want to get the mackems on his side why don't they rerun the clip of his face when we beat the mancs 5-0, he was as gutted as gutted can be. He never was a Newcastle supporter, man he was about 3 when he moved to manchester to become one of them.

He's found his spiritual home I reckon.

I'm just thanking Christ he hasn't come here.

Guest johnson293

some mackems were interviewed on Look North - some saying it would be ok, some sying defintiely not as he's a Geordie, and one sayign that Steve Bruce supports all of North East Football, so he'd be doing all he could to help Sunderland, despite being a Geordie.  :mackems:  :idiot2:

Guest toonlass

If he is appointed then I am boycotting soft mints and any other product that Mr Soft promotes.

Guest wshmag

If he is appointed then I am boycotting soft mints and any other product that Mr Soft promotes.

but what about the people that sell them?

they might lose their jobs, no?

I was talking to my mackem pal via text about bruce, he said he was a bit disappointed?!?!?!  I said to him who the fuck did you think you were going to get, Hiddink???"  You stupid cunts just avoided relegation only by the shear fact there were teams slightly worse"

reply was "maybe your right, shouldn't get carried away"

Damn straight

Guest toonlass

but what about the people that sell them?

they might lose their jobs, no?

No, the uptake in mackems eating them will see them fine.

put him back in a big stadium and the real Bramble will be back at his comedy best

Sunderland will make a £5m bid for Wigan defender Titus Bramble, once Steve Bruce is installed as manager. (Daily Star)

Guest Phil K

Titus always made me want to tear my hair out

You KNEW he had the ability, the build, etc to be a great.

Just that comedic fall guy routine.....he couldn't get away from the lure of the stage...

put him back in a big stadium and the real Bramble will be back at his comedy best

Sunderland will make a £5m bid for Wigan defender Titus Bramble, once Steve Bruce is installed as manager. (Daily Star)

Pretty much what I just said to my Mackem boss.

Sunderland are just tragic ...

Bruce is a horrible move. Stop recycling these clowns and go and find some fresh talent. They have enough money to back a manager substantially and this should be a huge attraction to many.

The key for them is getting in someone who can attract good players from all over. However, it seems they are scared of taking a bit of a risk.

I would rather risk a Mancini, Bilic or even Martinez from Swansea rather than bring in Bruce for goodness sake.

Already links to Bramble and Crouch. I'm sorry but how freakin depressing is that?! Just recycilng the same old managers and players all over again. Who the hell can Bruce really attract but the some old stale journeymen prem castoffs.

It's going to be a disaster and I'm going to love it.

Not sure if Titus really is improving though, or if his errors just don't get focussed on now. He always had the potential to be a great CB.

He was their player of the year.  So must be.

Titus always made me want to tear my hair out

You KNEW he had the ability, the build, etc to be a great.

Just that comedic fall guy routine.....he couldn't get away from the lure of the stage...

A lot of it was down to the crowd. Our crowd couldn't wait to jump down his neck at the slightest mistake. That IMO made him play nervously too often. He was young and needed time to mature into the role, he wasn't given that at SJP. Taylor is very much in that mold, people really need to remember that CB is an old man's position, any little error is punished pretty hard and you really have to be patient with CBs, marking them out for abuse early in their career, like what happened to Titus will just make them more error prone and stunt their development. Bramble has been able to rebuild his confidence out of the spotlight at Wigan, now more mature I think he'll be a huge success if he goes to the Mackems.

I've got a feeling we'll do the exact same thing with Taylor.

Has he been confirmed as manager yet?

Yeah. Rob Lee is his assistant, Joe Kinnear DOF. Already signed Bramble and Martins as well. Totally cool day.

Not sure if Titus really is improving though, or if his errors just don't get focussed on now. He always had the potential to be a great CB.

He was their player of the year.  So must be.

Sure you're right, I'm actually pleased for the lad.