Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Went a bit OTT on the Sunderland comment, was more bamboozled how the reporter was implying they were a side deserving to be in the top 6 or something like that. Found it incredulous.

Went a bit OTT on the Sunderland comment, was more bamboozled how the reporter was implying they were a side deserving to be in the top 6 or something like that. Found it incredulous.

NUFC is gone so they need somebody else to be the "deluded club that thinks they should be in the top 6" for them.

NUFC is gone so they need somebody else to be the "deluded club that thinks they should be in the top 6" for them.

Tottenham Hotspur.

Tottenham Hotspur.

No, no, no. Tottenham Hotspur is the "adorable up and coming club that is BOUND to make the top 4 one of these days."

Running before you can walk. I still can't believe they turned down £20m for Jones.

Jones could be top quality for them in a few years. Scored 12 goals this season despite only returning in November and allegedly brought back too soon and hasn't been 100% fit this season. Started to find his true form near the tail end of the season according to a Mackem mate of mine.

Running before you can walk. I still can't believe they turned down £20m for Jones.

Jones could be top quality for them in a few years. Scored 12 goals this season despite only returning in November and allegedly brought back too soon and hasn't been 100% fit this season. Started to find his true form near the tail end of the season according to a Mackem mate of mine.

I haven't seen that much of him, but when I have he looks like Shola Ameobi with long hair to me.

I haven't seen that much of him, but when I have he looks like Shola Ameobi with long hair to me.

Crazy comment.

Nothing like Shola. Very good player when fit, just not worth anything like £20m. He's very good in the air, strong and has a reasonable eye for goal. He's a good focal point for an attack when he's interested.

Roberto Mancini allegedly having talks with the Mackems.  :yikes:

A big name who knows absolutely nothing about the league other than the four games he played for Leicester back in 2001.  Could struggle massively with a team that lacks the finances or pulling power of Inter or Lazio.

A big name who knows absolutely nothing about the league other than the four games he played for Leicester back in 2001.  Could struggle massively with a team that lacks the finances or pulling power of Inter or Lazio.

They have got decent finances tbh.

They have got decent finances tbh.

'...or pulling power...'

Guest Ebolarama

Unfortunately, they have decent finances.

Unfortunately, they have decent finances.

Their finances may be OK & a lot better than many others in the Premiership, but they're not at the same league as a team like Inter.

Mancini keen on Black Cats

Former Inter boss 'flattered' by Sunderland talk

Roberto Mancini has admitted he is flattered to be linked with Sunderland and would like to manage in the Premier League.

Mancini has been out of work since a successful four-year spell with Inter Milan came to an end 12 months ago.

He is now looking to return to management and concedes his preference would be to land a job in the top flight of English football.

Speculation has already surfaced with regard to Mancini and the vacant position at the Stadium of Light, with Sunderland searching for a successor to Ricky Sbragia.

And Mancini has responded to the reports by indicating that he would consider taking charge of the Black Cats.

"I am very flattered to be linked with the vacant manager's job at Sunderland," said the Italian in a statement given to Sky Sports News.

Honour

"It would be an honour to manage such a prestigious and historic club in the Premier League.

"I have enjoyed a year out following winning the Scudetta on three consecutive occasions.

"Having completed a year of media commitments I'm now ready to return to full-time management."

"Ideally I would like that to be in the Premier League. I want to test myself against the very best."

Looks like he very well could become their manager...

Roberto Mancini confirmed he has received an offer from Sunderland and is “honoured” by the opportunity.

“I am very happy and at the same time honoured to have received an offer from Sunderland,” Mancio told Sky Italia.

“It would be truly wonderful to lead such a prestigious and historic club in England. After a year of sitting on the sidelines, I feel ready to start again with immense enthusiasm.”

The former Inter and Lazio Coach has been unemployed for a year since he was sacked by the Nerazzurri despite winning three consecutive Scudetto titles.

He is still being paid by the San Siro club and will only be able to sign for Sunderland once that contract is terminated by mutual consent.

Mancini has often said he wants to work overseas and was previously linked with the benches at Newcastle United, Chelsea and West Ham.

Another option for the Sunderland job is Wigan boss Steve Bruce, but the club has requested £3m compensation to release him.

is he actually that good? ive yet to be convinced. anybody can win serie A with inter, especially with one being awarded to them and the two affected by juventus' plight. has he really proven himself as a good manager yet?

is he actually that good? ive yet to be convinced. anybody can win serie A with inter, especially with one being awarded to them and the two affected by juventus' plight. has he really proven himself as a good manager yet?

Tbf he was the first Inter manager to win the Scudetto for quite some time.