Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

I have an overwhelming feeling that they'll both fail miserably & i think it will be hilarious.

Sunlun will get on his back very very quickly at the slightest hint of a few bad games, far more pressure than he had at wigan.

Guest Heneage

His transfers will make or break him the reported £200m has the potential to build a tremendous foundation for Sunderland or just be a repeat of the Keane situation.

Shame that. They've got a quality manager on their hands there imo - someone who will finally stop pissing around in the transfer market. If Quinn is gonna keep giving them money to burn, it could be a seriously, seriously good move for them.

Hats off to em tbh.

"he'll still be a Geordie"

but is he?  Wasnt he born in hexham hospital, and live as a bairn in corbridge.  AT what distance past denton do folk stop being geordies? I realise hexham is ON the river tyne, but isnt he really a northumbrian, rahter than a geordie......yes am splitting hairs here!

I guess the counter argument would be....some one from shields(its on the tyne, similar distance as hexham, from sjp) could be called a geordie, so why not hexham.

That would make phil brown a geordie  eeeek!

Shame that. They've got a quality manager on their hands there imo - someone who will finally stop pissing around in the transfer market. If Quinn is gonna keep giving them money to burn, it could be a seriously, seriously good move for them.

Hats off to em tbh.

When did you get it into your head that Steve Bruce is Arsene fuckin' Wenger like? :lol:

Not a bad appointment, but the man has never shown any indication that he's anything more than an above average Premeirship manager. Mid-table is as high as he'll take the Mackems, if there really is serious money to be invested then they really have missed the boat on this one tbh.

He's a black & white twat and always will be in their eyes. The pressure on him to do well in the transfer market and to keep the fans off his back will be immense right from the off.

It could well work out well but if he ever loses about 4 or 5 in a row the knives will be out sharpish. :)

but is he?  Wasnt he born in hexham hospital, and live as a bairn in corbridge.  AT what distance past denton do folk stop being geordies? I realise hexham is ON the river tyne, but isnt he really a northumbrian, rahter than a geordie......yes am splitting hairs here!

I guess the counter argument would be....some one from shields(its on the tyne, similar distance as hexham, from sjp) could be called a geordie, so why not hexham.

That would make phil brown a geordie   eeeek!

Was under the impression he lived in Walker or thereabouts? Anyway, not that it matter at all.

He's a black & white twat and always will be in their eyes. The pressure on him to do well in the transfer market and to keep the fans off his back will be immense right from the off.

It could well work out well but if he ever loses about 4 or 5 in a row the knives will be out sharpish. :)

They are still grumbling about Bob Stokoe being a Newcastle Fan, even when he won them the FA cup,...and lets not even get started on the best geordie Makem manager ever, big Lawrie Makem-enemy.

Hats off to em tbh.

When did you get it into your head that Steve Bruce is Arsene fuckin' Wenger like? :lol:

Not a bad appointment, but the man has never shown any indication that he's anything more than an above average Premeirship manager. Mid-table is as high as he'll take the Mackems, if there really is serious money to be invested then they really have missed the boat on this one tbh.

It's the incompetence i've come to accept as 'normal'. To the likes of what we've experienced over the past few years, Bruce is a bit of a God tbh. He's probably not as good as i'm making out, but still a very good manager i reckon.

That would make phil brown a geordie   eeeek!

Sure he lived in Wallsend for a canny bit too.

Was under the impression he lived in Walker or thereabouts?

Wallsend. Hes half Irish though so should fit in well with the mackems and Quinn.

Daisy Hillbilly wasnt he?

That would make phil brown a geordie   eeeek!

Hexham is further away then what Shields is, Hexham is about 20 miles away, where as Shields is about 6.

Anyway, this could either be really good for them or really bad, I don't think he has it in him to make them top 6 or anything, but enough for mid table.

It really just means he has f#cked up his chance of ever becoming our manager.

Wallsend. Hes half Irish though so should fit in well with the mackems and Quinn.

:lol: That's true come to think of it. His son Alex was capped by the Republic.

Daisy Hillbilly wasnt he?

Aye, Daisy Hiller, went to Benfield School. Still pops into Wallsend Buffs to have a drink with the lads when he can. He's still well liked by the lads he grew up with because he's got no airs and graces.

He would have loved to have managed us, but I think it's a good move for the mackems and for him.