Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

is he actually that good? ive yet to be convinced. anybody can win serie A with inter, especially with one being awarded to them and the two affected by juventus' plight. has he really proven himself as a good manager yet?

Tbf he was the first Inter manager to win the Scudetto for quite some time.

weren't they awarded that though?

is he actually that good? ive yet to be convinced. anybody can win serie A with inter, especially with one being awarded to them and the two affected by juventus' plight. has he really proven himself as a good manager yet?

weren't they awarded that though?

He did win it with them a further twice though.

TBF it was handed to them

Guest Heneage

Best of a bad bunch, Juve were demoted, Milan had a squad that was finished. He'd had lots of investment and in Zlatan had a striker that decimated teams nigh single handedly. They still tend to come unstuck in Europe which is a true test of their quality. The fact he is saying he is honoured to be linked with Sunderland tells you everything you need to know, he's been out of work and knows a club like Sunderland would be happy to pay him 60 plus a week, he is more "flattered" to get the chance in England .

Just a media ploy by him, managers and players do it the time, use a team like sunderland who are interested, he says he's flatterd, some bigger club has a look, doesn't want to miss out and comes calling and sunderland sit their twiddling their thumbs. The same thing happend at Newcastle all the time, Rooney, Ronaldo (striker), Ronadlinho, and other managers.

I can't be arsed to look but are the mackems going mental? :lol:

They're gutted :lol:

Reckon they've missed a chance 'to move on to bigger and better things' and instead have been stuck with a 'mag twat' :lol:

Brilliant. :lol:

At the first sign of things going wrong they'll be all over the fact he reckons he's a Geordie. No doubt it'll be a hot topic of conversation in the press conference too.

Problem is I think he's a decent manager. :undecided:

He had a decent season (excellent by his standards), before that he had years of being shite. I'd hope we can set our sights a little bit higher.

I agree with your sentiment, albeit I think that Roy was a better manager than Bruce will ever be (tin hat firmly on).

I feel deflated at his appointment (if this happens) and think that

we have missed an opportunity to kick on. I suspect that we will have another relegation battle on our hands in the forthcoming season.

Good luck Steve, I hope that you prove me wrong.

Why aye man, a poor mans Frank Worthington

We should've just stuck with Sbragia

:lol:

I think he would do a similar job to Mancini but with less money spent net. Bruce unearths some canny players from nowhere.

Mancini has no experience in this league and has been used to having excellent squads at Inter, and having loads to spend and the pulling power to attract the biggest players (Inter, not him though).

For them, Bruce is a good appointment. However, as soon as things go the slightest bit pear shaped the fans will want his head.