Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

Of course we're in trouble at the moment, but we're still in a position where one win takes us up to around 14th.

Problem is that I can't see where that win will come from.

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle v Tottenham, 15:00

Of course we're in trouble at the moment, but we're still in a position where one win takes us up to around 14th.

Then another loss and we're in 17th again.

The thing is though, it's not like we're the only club this is happening to. WBA are down, Blackburn if they lose Santa Cruz in January I think we can say are gone, then you've got the likes of West Ham, Spurs & Sunderland who are in the exact same position as us, where one win takes you up a few places, and a defeat takes you back to 17/18th.

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

If only...

From BBC:

1624: "The chant goes up at Anfield: 'He's big, he's red, he speaks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane'. Keane's not that big though is he? Anyway, the home fans want to see him introduced."

BBC Sport's Russell Barder at Anfield

How original of them.

Racists

it isn't the greeks, it's the chinese he's after

From BBC:

1624: "The chant goes up at Anfield: 'He's big, he's red, he speaks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane'. Keane's not that big though is he? Anyway, the home fans want to see him introduced."

BBC Sport's Russell Barder at Anfield

How original of them.

Racists

it isn't the greeks, it's the chinese he's after

:lol:

Guest Nufc4Life

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

That'll be the same Tottenham that beat our full team 2-1 when they were absolutely terrible, and are now a much much better side and we've got worse?

I love how arguments are sparked purely because of the perception of adjectives.

Things are very worrying. Doubt anyone would argue with that...

I assume he meant what he said (thinks there's no hope for us), just a difference of opinion.  IMO the likes of West Brome have no hope, we've got plenty.

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

That'll be the same Tottenham that beat our full team 2-1 when they were absolutely terrible, and are now a much much better side and we've got worse?

We didn't have a manager, the owner wanted out.. we were (and still are) in turmoil. Their excuse is that the players didn't want to play for Ramos anymore, despite leading them to silverware and europe a few months before. Pathetic.

the likes of West Brome have no hope, we've got plenty.

We do?!

We're 2 points off safety with a game in hand and 20+ games to go, not 5 points adrift with 4 games or whatever. Of course we've got plenty of hope.

It doesn't matter what stage of the season we are in, I can't see us picking much points up.

I'm hardly saying we're doomed at this moment in time but if we keep it up as we have been recently we'll be in major trouble.

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Don't talk crap man, when we played the Spuds in the cup we were near the end of a 5 game period which brought us a total of 5 losses, with no manager.  But we're worse now are we?, despite taking 12 points from 10 since Kinnear arrived..

at this time, people shouldnt look at places in the league, but points. on the one hand, wigan are 9th but on the other hand they are 6 points from the relegation zone. if we win tomorrow, we go 14th but only 1 point from 18th. i reckon we can pick points up later in the season

We do?!

Based on what?

Based on the fact we're not losing like a lot of the teams around us.  Based on the fact that we're only just below mid table in the Premiership form guide since Kinnear arrived.  Based on the fact that we've got plenty of games left to play.  On what do you base not having hope?  Just "I can't see us beating them"?, because I couldn't see us beating Villa or taking a point off Chelsea, results will crop up that we don't expect, otherwise we'd be betting milionaires.  The fact is if the form we're under since Kinnear arrived, disapointing as a lot of the results have been, continues then we'll be safe.  I'm worried like anyone else, but what I don't understand is the shear panic that's going around, people thinking we're doomed, that it looks bleak ect.  Its a total exageration.

We do?!

Based on what?

Based on the fact we're not losing like a lot of the teams around us.  Based on the fact that we're only just below mid table in the Premiership form guide since Kinnear arrived.  Based on the fact that we've got plenty of games left to play.  On what do you base not having hope?  Nothing more then "I can't see us beating them", I couldn't see us beating Villa or taking a point off Chelsea, results will crop up that we don't expect, otherwise we'd be betting milionaires.  The fact is if the form we're under since Kinnear arrived, disapointing as a lot of the results have been, we'll be safe on 42 points.  I'm worried like anyone else because we could get worse, but what I don't understand is the panic that's going around, people thinking we're doomed, that it looks bleak ect.  I can only imagine people aren't really looking at the facts as closely as I am.

my own personal pessimism revolves around the fact i see no way kinnear will improve us over the rest of the season, i honestly believe this is as good as it will get under him, in fact i think it'll probably get worse

we've difficult games to play, like everyone else, but we're not picking up anywhere near enough points in his "honeymoon period" for me...make no mistake he'll have a bad patch, how bad only time will tell