Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

I wasn't a big fan of him last year, but Fuck this man has improved!!! A rock at back, he's realy coming to his own, I just question how long we can hold onto him. He's been our best player since the begining of the season by a country mile! Makes football look so easy.

:kinnear:

he was one of our best players last year

Guest firetotheworks

From now on, when I see a full back going around the opposition winger with his back to them I'll refer to it as doing an Enrique.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Thought his positioning was suspect yesterday, he was able to get away with it because he can outpace the opposition so easily and get back, that won't work in the Prem. His closing down was a bit half arsed on a few occasions too. Nevertheless he is still probably my favourite NUFC player at the moment and he could develop into a decent Prem standard player.

Thought his positioning was suspect yesterday, he was able to get away with it because he can outpace the opposition so easily and get back, that won't work in the Prem. His closing down was a bit half arsed on a few occasions too. Nevertheless he is still probably my favourite NUFC player at the moment and he could develop into a decent Prem standard player.

I agree, i thought yesterdays performance was quite poor by his standards.

:smitten:

Jose Enrique rules out signing for Sunderland

JOSE Enrique insists he has no interest in a Tyne-Wear switch to Sunderland – or leaving Newcastle United for any other Premier League club.

Enrique was the subject of fresh speculation over the weekend linking him with the Black Cats, who are looking to sign a left-back in the January transfer window.

The Spanish defender has reaffirmed his commitment to United’s promotion campaign, however, insisting that a New Year move to the Stadium of Light holds absolutely no interest for him.

The feeling over the summer was that Enrique, a former Spain Under-21 international, would be one of the first players to leave United following relegation but he has delivered the perfect response by knuckling down and delivered a string of impressively composed displays.

The 23-year-old says he is settled in the city and is adamant that his focus is solely trained on getting the club into the top flight at the first time of asking.

“I don’t care about Sunderland. Even if the newspapers said Chelsea, I wouldn’t care. I worry for my team – I love the city, I love the club and I don’t care about signing for another team.

“I don’t read the papers because I don’t understand English that well! Some players were joking with me about what it said. I want to go back to the Premier League, that is true, but I want to go back to the Premier League with Newcastle. This is a big, big, big club in England and it is important that it gets back into the Premier League.”

United supporters may have to get used to speculation linking their big hitters with moves elsewhere after an impressive start to life in the Championship.

Indeed Enrique is not the only player attracting covetous glances from top-flight clubs, with Kevin Nolan and Alan Smith both wanted men after enjoying an upturn in form since relegation to the second tier.

Fabricio Coloccini is another in the shop window after finally showing glimpses of the composure which made him an Argentina international.

Enrique believes that the determination to right last season’s wrongs mean that none of United’s players will be tempted to leave when the January transfer window swings open.

“I say all the time when people ask me

‘I love this club’,” he said. “It is normal that our players are linked with other clubs because we are playing well.

“But I am happy here, I want to make up for the mistakes we made last season. I think when you are happy with the city and happy with the club, you would not want to leave.

I know this summer all the papers are linking me and all the other players with all sorts of teams but I’m not interested.

“From the first moment I’ve been here I wanted to play here and I never thought about going anywhere else.”

In his third season at United, Enrique is enjoying a run of games unbroken by injury and believes that boss Chris Hughton can take much of the credit for coaxing the best out of him.

Indeed the former Villarreal man rates Hughton as the best of the five managers he has played under since joining the club in the summer of 2007.

“The manager has been very important. Chris has a big opportunity now and I think for me, he is the best manager that I have had in my three seasons at Newcastle,” he said.

“He understands football and the players are happy to play for him.

“It is the first time he has had the opportunity to do the job properly and he has proved he is a good manager.

“He is the right man for Newcastle at the moment.”

Haha, I love the bit ' Enrique rates Hughton as one of the top 5 managers he has played under '. Surely he's only played under about 4/5 managers?  :lol: Four with us right enough! Love Jose's attitude though, refreshing.