Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Aye. :lol:

Without trying to sound all high-horse-ish, am i in a minority by saying i never doubted him? There's no doubting he's been a cut above this season, but i've thought he's looked a good player ever since his debut at home to Barnsley in the Carling Cup.

Without trying to sound all high-horse-ish, am i in a minority by saying i never doubted him? There's no doubting he's been a cut above this season, but i've thought he's looked a good player ever since his debut at home to Barnsley in the Carling Cup.

Think a moderate number of people on here rated him and thought he needed more time to adjust/adapt.

Personally disliked him, as he looked heavy footed and a tad slow/weak at times. He's improved tenfold however, and this year going forward he's actually become pretty effective (credit to Jonas for some of this too), whereas initially he was crossing it out for a goal kick practically every time.

Guest ST James

Think a moderate number of people on here rated him and thought he needed more time to adjust/adapt.

Personally disliked him, as he looked heavy footed and a tad slow/weak at times. He's improved tenfold however, and this year going forward he's actually become pretty effective (credit to Jonas for some of this too), whereas initially he was crossing it out for a goal kick practically every time.

should be made captain next season

I think s taylor deserves a shot at captain he looks like he controls our defence already.

;D

Guest palnese

Nicky Butt will be our captain next season. :tickedoff:

He will probably retire i think.

Fingers crossed, but this is Newcastle you know.

Guest ST James

S Taylor should definitly be our next captain.

Guest palnese

I agree, but I doubt it as long as Butt, Smith and Nolan are here.

Guest ST James

I agree, but I doubt it as long as Butt, Smith and Nolan are here.

All they do is dive into tackles and get booked.

I loved him from the beginning :snod:

The lad took some time to settle but looks good in the championship

To me, he looked like he had all the attributes necessary to succeed in the Premiership (pace, strength, positioning) and the only thing that let him down was his passing, and that quickly improved with games, which it obviously was going to, imo. His first job is defending and he's been excellent at that from his first match, which is also why it didn't concern me that much that his attack needed refining.

It's also why I thought he should have started more games in his first season and didn't like the idea of KK thinking about signing a new LB.

:smug:

Guest ST James

I loved him from the beginning :snod:

The lad took some time to settle but looks good in the championship

To me, he looked like he had all the attributes necessary to succeed in the Premiership (pace, strength, positioning) and the only thing that let him down was his passing, and that quickly improved with games, which it obviously was going to, imo. His first job is defending and he's been excellent at that from his first match, which is also why it didn't concern me that much that his attack needed refining.

It's also why I thought he should have started more games in his first season and didn't like the idea of KK thinking about signing a new LB.

:smug:

He did not play that many games at the start because he could not speak any english and comunicate with our defence