Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Don't think he is good enough offensively for the Spain team yet. Capdevilla and Ramos are virtually wingers for them with the 4 narrow in midfield they play. Can't be far off a squad call up though if he keeps it up.

Guest BooBoo

I was OTT in the beginning of the thread yet he was poor when he got in the side and hit a nadir with an absolute shocker v Wigan at SJP. However, since the turn of the year he, along with Bassong has been our top performer.

I dont hold grudges with players, i just go OTT when they're not playing to a level I want. I'm more than happy to have been proved wrong on this one as its benefitted the team.

I was OTT in the beginning of the thread yet he was poor when he got in the side and hit a nadir with an absolute shocker v Wigan at SJP. However, since the turn of the year he, along with Bassong has been our top performer.

I dont hold grudges with players, i just go OTT when they're not playing to a level I want.I'm more than happy to have been proved wrong on this one as its benefitted the team.

Hence the name "OTT"-er? Jose is one of the best players that we have. Solid defensively and can be a threat going forward. I think sometimes he is too passive, and can hold the ball too long in bad situations, but he has undeniable quality about him.

Toon Star Loving Latin Link-Up

By Craig Hope

JOSE Enrique says that his recent upsurge in form has been helped by the presence of Jonas Gutierrez on the left flank.

The Spanish-speaking pair are close pals off the field and are beginning to develop a telling partnership on it with Enrique, in particular, starting to produce the sort of performances which saw him arrive on Tyneside touted as a future Spain international 18 months' ago.

Gutierrez, winner of the nufc.co.uk man-of-the-match award during his last three starts, is also fast approaching a return to his early-season best.

And, after another showing epitomised by his boundless levels of energy and enthusiasm during Wednesday's 2-1 defeat against Manchester United, the Argentine won glowing praise from team-mate Enrique.

"Jonas was brilliant," he told nufc.co.uk.

"He runs and runs and never gives up. He is so important for the team and for me also.

"It helps that he speaks Spanish and we understand each other.

"I am very confident at the moment and I'm enjoying playing with Jonas."

Enrique and his defensive colleagues, aided by a tireless midfield effort, limited the European champions to a handful of chances and in the end were unfortunate to emerge empty-handed.

And Jose added: "It was a tough game but we fought well and deserved a draw.

"The second goal was a bad goal but still we should have got a point.

"I was so tired after the game because it was hard work but we know that we gave it everything and tried our best.

"Now we must continue with that spirit for the rest of the season."

In Jose and Xisco I think we've brought in two very promising talents, but not only that 2 very professional individuals.

They're both saying the right words, getting on with the job and not complaining about it.

I hope, fingers crossed that in 2 or 3 yeasr time these two are playing more matches together and that we can bring in more players with the same attitude as them instead of the usual mercenaries.

Veiled 'Duff is shit, please don't play him anymore' news item.  :smitten:

:lol:

As soon as they work out a way to have Jonas make the run, and Jose make the cross. We'll finally have something going.

Guest Heneage

Xisco and Enrique both seem so professional. Yet Kinner publicly boasted that he was gonna get rid of em both. f***ing w*****

I'd like to compare Xisco and Carroll in terms of professionalism. One has just moved and been nigh hounded out before he's even settled in yet remained a professional attitude and worked hard to gain a place in the team.

The other has been offered an extended 5 year deal after 2 super dooper goals, including a tap in. Meanwhile he's had a boxing match with a girl, potentially 2 team mates. And spent his time in one of the finest Black hairdressers getting daft haircuts.

You can even include Enrique in the comparison with Xisco, he's been given major shite by JFK and even some idiotic sections of the crowd, and he's gone on from strength to strength, and looks a damn good left back right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Got Player of the Month for February, Well Done Jose keep up the good form

JOSE ENRIQUE has been handed a boost ahead of the mammoth encounter with Arsenal on Saturday night.

The Spanish full-back – by his own admission – was poor in the lacklustre 1-1 draw with Hull City at the KC Stadium.

However, his previous performances have been rewarded by Toon fans in the Carling Player of the Month award voting, with the ex-La Liga ace picking up the accolade after a series of solid displays in February.

Enrique shone in games against Sunderland, West Brom and Everton, when the left-back was outstanding for the 10 men against the Toffees following Kevin Nolan’s red card.

Enrique pipped Nicky Butt, Sebastien Bassong, Steven Taylor and new boy Ryan Taylor to land the award, picking up 57% of the votes from thousands of fans after being nominated on a shortlist drawn up by legend Bob Moncur and our sportsdesk.

The Spaniard told the Chronicle: “I’m delighted to pick up the award.

“It’s a big plus for me.

“I am enjoying a good run in the team now and just want to keep it going until the end of the season.

“Every player thrives to play every week and that’s all I want to do for Newcastle.”

Enrique will be awarded with his trophy just before the teatime kick-off against the Gunners.

And he said: “The players see this game as an opportunity to put things right.

“We are just looking forward to it and hope that it helps our season.”

Meanwhile Moncur feels that Enrique’s award for the February player of the month was well deserved.

He added: “When Jose arrived we expected good things of him due to his reputation from Spain.

“And I think we certainly got a taste of it last month.

“At this stage of the season you want the players to step up to the plate and I hope he follows it up with a good show against Arsenal because that’s just what he needs now.”

hilarious the baby oils out for enrique now imo...people were queing up to slate the poor c*** basically 'cause he was foreign from what i could see

11 of him in the team we'd have 11 left backs

you know what i mean

que?

11 good players

Guest Ebolarama

hilarious the baby oils out for enrique now imo...people were queing up to slate the poor c*** basically 'cause he was foreign from what i could see

you know what i mean

I'm not really sure anyone knows what you mean. Ever.

you know what i mean

no reason to be propensive

you know what i mean

no reason to be propensive

No reason to use fancy words that are so unused they hardly appear in any dictionaries

• 4 months later...

Can I just say.

Today he was:

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Splurt.