Avram Grant vs Joe Kinnear

Guest sicko2ndbest

'Nowt on his CV' is a load of toss, like. Premier League runners-up, Carling Cup runners-Up, Champions League runners-up. All in one season? Aye, there's not a trophy there but it's hardly nowt like.

if he'd been manager from June instead of October I'm convinced that would make for even better reading tbh

Guest Howaythetoon

'Nowt on his CV' is a load of toss, like. Premier League runners-up, Carling Cup runners-Up, Champions League runners-up. All in one season? Aye, there's not a trophy there but it's hardly nowt like.

Roeder 7th in the league and European football qualification with a 4-1 away win over main rivals to boot. The equivalent to what Grant did at Chelsea with our rabble.

In fact Grant reminds me so much of Roeder and would probably do a similar job here after an initial honeymoon period. We need someone with far more substance about them then someone who was manager in name only really of the world's most costly assembled squad that were recently 2 times title winners at the time he took over in a league that only really consisted of one real rival for the number 1 spot.

he'd pick the best players for one, he'd have Taylor, Butt and Duff nowhere near the first 11. He wouldn't be coming out with such embarrassing arse licking s*** in the press

You're wrong about this. This was the main problem Chelsea fans had with him. In big matches, he always started Makalele, Ballack, and Lampard, which relegated Essien to right back and Obi to bench. Makalele filled in admirably during the ACN for them, but was clearly past it, and Lampard was off form. This was typified in the CL final when their best midfielder was playing right back even though there were other options and Makalele was done.

Roeder 7th in the league and European football qualification with a 4-1 away win over main rivals to boot. The equivalent to what Grant did at Chelsea with our rabble.

In fact Grant reminds me so much of Roeder and would probably do a similar job here after an initial honeymoon period. We need someone with far more substance about them then someone who was manager in name only really of the world's most costly assembled squad that were recently 2 times title winners at the time he took over in a league that only really consisted of one real rival for the number 1 spot.

daft comparison. Roeder finishing 7th in a league with basically shite beyond the top 4 is hardly comparable to Grant accumulating more points than Man U from his october appointment onwards. Let's not forget they were without their talisman and a third of their goals in Drogba for half the season. He did a fantastic job

he'd pick the best players for one, he'd have Taylor, Butt and Duff nowhere near the first 11. He wouldn't be coming out with such embarrassing arse licking s*** in the press

You're wrong about this. This was the main problem Chelsea fans had with him. In big matches, he always started Makalele, Ballack, and Lampard, which relegated Essien to right back and Obi to bench. Makalele filled in admirably during the ACN for them, but was clearly past it, and Lampard was off form. This was typified in the CL final when their best midfielder was playing right back even though there were other options and Makalele was done.

they had no right back he had confidence in so he played Essien there and Makelele in midfield. Fair play

what is Kinnear's excuse for playing Butt and Duff?

He's more qualified than Keegan for the job.

Ooo, I went there.

Really?

Which English League club did Avram take from the brink of extinction to within 4 points of the Premiership title in 5 seasons ?

best you say 'in 4 years' - sounds a lot better

Guest Howaythetoon

daft comparison. Roeder finishing 7th in a league with basically s**** beyond the top 4 is hardly comparable to Grant accumulating more points than Man U from his october appointment onwards. Let's not forget they were without their talisman and a third of their goals in Drogba for half the season. He did a fantastic job

And our talisman was heading towards retirement and the man bought to replace him unavailable for selection for the vast majority of games.

Ooo, I went there.

Really?

Which English League club did Avram take from the brink of extinction to within 4 points of the Premiership title in 5 seasons ?

best you say 'in 4 years' - sounds a lot better

You know I counted back and realised but cheers as it strengthens the KK argument  :pow:

daft comparison. Roeder finishing 7th in a league with basically s**** beyond the top 4 is hardly comparable to Grant accumulating more points than Man U from his october appointment onwards. Let's not forget they were without their talisman and a third of their goals in Drogba for half the season. He did a fantastic job

And our talisman was heading towards retirement and the man bought to replace him unavailable for selection for the vast majority of games.

you called for him to be dropped after the 3-2 sunderland game did you not. You were obviously confident in Ameobi

For Chelsea to lose their only great striker for more than half of the season and still achieve what they did is pretty remarkable to be honest

Guest Stephen927

Ooo, I went there.

Really?

He hasn't done that.

He has however come within a whisker of completing a treble of trophies in one season.

The only treble Keegan has is in the number of jobs he's walked out of when the going got tough.

Ooo, I went there.

Really?

He hasn't done that.

He has however come within a whisker of completing a treble of trophies in one season.

The only treble Keegan has is in the number of jobs he's walked out of when the going got tough.

Good god  :doh:

Guest The Libertine

Robster IS kevin keegan. he's like NE5 with shepherd.

Why? Whats NE5 like with Shepherd?

say "freddy shepherd" 5 times in the mirror and find out.

:lol:

Its just childish and unconstructive comments like that I think are pathetic.

Whether you feel Keegan walked or not, for what he has done for us he deserves our respect.

Its because you love him so much that you and Stephen927 are hurting so badly but you're too afraid to express that love to the masses. (or trying to be controversial to fell that warmth of getting a post replied to - whichever of the 2 it may be)

:lol:

Its just childish and unconstructive comments like that I think are pathetic.

Whether you feel Keegan walked or not, for what he has done for us he deserves our respect.

Its because you love him so much that you and Stephen927 are hurting so badly but you're too afraid to express that love to the masses. (or trying to be controversial to fell that warmth of getting a post replied to - whichever of the 2 it may be)

He doesnt deserves respect anymore or less than the old board deserve respect - they both do but neither is untouchable.

He definitely isnt above criticism Fredbob, even someone who loves him as much as I do appreciates that. I do think he deserves better than :

" The only treble Keegan has is in the number of jobs he's walked out of when the going got tough "

which personally I think is just childish