Avram Grant vs Joe Kinnear

Guest sicko2ndbest

I find it laughable but not surprising that people dont want the manager that took Chelsea to within a kick of winning the Champions League and within a couple of points of winning the league.

Especially when  the 'far superior' Phil Scolari cant get anywhere near either of the feats.

aren't they still in the CL?  big phil was sacked before he got anywhere near it to be fair...

Aye, but he's been sacked before he could get anywhere near where Grant got. Both points still stand.

both points?

first one stands i guess, second is only because he was sacked surely?  not really a fair assessment imo

Course it is, Grant wasnt sacked mid way through the season. Scolari was.

huh?  so the 'far superior' you put in front of scolari was meant to say what exactly?  seemed to me it was sarcy and was implying that grant was at least the equal of scolari, which i can see no basis for other than a decent season with chelski where they ended up with nothing

Theres more basis for Grant being a success than Scolari. Grant didnt win anything, but he took them a few points within the title and one penalty within winning the champions league.

So?

So why are people saying they wouldnt take someone who got to within a whisker of winning 2 trophies? Beggars cant be choosers, and he certainly has more reason to be picked ahead of Steve Bruce or any of the other managers that people are hyping up.

Not really. It's like when Vialli won a domestic trophy and a european trophy with Gullit's team.

And Grant over Bruce? Come off it man! Grant is a no-mark manager. When you have arguably the biggest and best squad in world football, you're bound to come close.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/08/08/hitler460.jpg

Avram Grant

http://www.footyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chelsea-fired-avram-grant.jpg

Adolf Hitler

Putting a Jewish man from Israel and a Nazi German and doing the whole picture thing is just so wrong on so many levels!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/08/08/hitler460.jpg

Avram Grant

http://www.footyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chelsea-fired-avram-grant.jpg

Adolf Hitler

Putting a Jewish man from Israel and a Nazi German and doing the whole picture thing is just so wrong on so many levels!

His mom died during the Holocaust didn't she? Afterwards his father moved from Poland to Israel, if I remember it correctly...

Oh wait, Grant wasn't born then. His father barely survived though

Meir explained he had been dreaming he was back in the forest in which he had been forced to dig graves for his parents and five brothers and sisters as each, in turn, died.

Only Meir and one brother survived.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article700143.ece

Avram Grant

Adolf Hitler

That's why it was funny :pow:

i dont want avram here...rather martinez or bruce....any really!

Dont rate grant....what he did at chelsea everyone could have done!!

Yet Scolari (world cup winner) struggled.

Different time. i believe grants chelsea side were better than scolaris!

Getting a club to a CL final (and one they only lost on penalties), even with their squad, isn't that easy. Especially when they didn't get off to a great start in the group games when Mourinho was there.

Avram Grant

Adolf Hitler

Or incredibly offensive.

Same players though, yeah, so maybe down to the manager?

Drogbas form this season and scolari missing out on robinho have cost them 5-10 points this season.....thats why he got sacked...which is stupid in the first place!

grant had a perfect squad when he took over after mourinho.....of course grant did a good joob....i just dont think he is anything special....personally i dont want him here!

Avram Grant

Adolf Hitler

Or incredibly offensive.

You can't have one without the other  :angel:

Drogbas form this season and scolari missing out on robinho have cost them 5-10 points this season.....thats why he got sacked...which is stupid in the first place!

grant had a perfect squad when he took over after mourinho.....of course grant did a good joob....i just dont think he is anything special....personally i dont want him here!

Grant had a better team because Man City signed Robinho? Come again?

Guest firetotheworks

Barely, one season later isnt a 'different time' it wasnt even a different team either. If anything the signings he's made are better. Bosingwa has solved the only real problem area theyve ever had. Who was in Grants team that wasnt in Scolaris?

Barely, one season later isnt a 'different time' it wasnt even a different team either. If anything the signings he's made are better. Bosingwa has solved the only real problem area theyve ever had. Who was in Grants team that wasnt in Scolaris?

Essien, who is their best midfielder, in fairness to Scolari. Still didn't do as well as Grant, mind.

I guess Scolari had long planned for Robinho to be the focal point of the team, hence them not really having anyone as a plan B. The deal was obviously extremely close to fruition, hence Chelsea's very regrettable mistake in putting shirts with his name and number on for sale on their merchsite despite no deal being concluded.

If Man City hadn't come into their wealth so late in the day, despite Real Madrid's protestations, you'd probably imagine that Robinho would be a Chelsea player by now. Malouda and the like have been pretty disappointing and despite the amount of talent in their squad they still perhaps lack someone who can create something out of nothing in the way Robinho can. They play reasonably direct football at the moment, and I don't think that suited Scolari's preferred style.

ok ok....maybe im wrong!

All im saying is that i dont believe A. grant is the right person for us....and personally i would prefer someone else!

Of course what he did for chelsea was almost perfect.....but if scolari & chelsea had the drogba with the form from last season and robinho i serious believe they would picked up 5-10 points more this season and scolari would still be there.

....i know its scolaris fault he want all in for robinho

I guess Scolari had long planned for Robinho to be the focal point of the team, hence them not really having anyone as a plan B. The deal was obviously extremely close to fruition, hence Chelsea's very regrettable mistake in putting shirts with his name and number on for sale on their merchsite despite no deal being concluded.

If Man City hadn't come into their wealth so late in the day, despite Real Madrid's protestations, you'd probably imagine that Robinho would be a Chelsea player by now. Malouda and the like have been pretty disappointing and despite the amount of talent in their squad they still perhaps lack someone who can create something out of nothing in the way Robinho can. They play reasonably direct football at the moment, and I don't think that suited Scolari's preferred style.

that was my point about robinho!

Avram had Essien, Makelele, Joe Cole, Carvalho and a focused Drogba.

Scolari has not had any of these players either consistently or at all.

Avram would not be a good move. He has done nothing outside of stepping in as an interim for Chelsea for a few months.

No thanks.

Seems like the sort players would walk all over too. Sort of like they did to Roeder.

Nah, not for me neither.

Guest firetotheworks

Avram would not be a good move. He has done nothing outside of stepping in as an interim for Chelsea for a few months.

No thanks.

Seems like the sort players would walk all over too. Sort of like they did to Roeder.

Nah, not for me neither.

1. Makelele was'nt any good at this time

2. Why was Drogba focused, and why isn't he now?

3. Incorrect. It was almost an entire season.

On top of this Scolari made his signings in the summer and aside from Bosingwa failed. Grant bought one player, Anelka who has been a very good purchase.

I'm not saying Grant is an excellent manager, Im saying that saying he's not good enough for us is preposterous.

No thanks.

Nah, not for me neither.

thank you