Avram Grant vs Joe Kinnear

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not sure how good he'll be without Chelsea's players mind. Shola's a bit of a come down from Drogba it should be said.

But in an age where entertainment value is often emphasised, can Drogba fall over in such a hideously comical fashion as Shola?

I rest my case.

Not sure how good he'll be without Chelsea's players mind. Shola's a bit of a come down from Drogba it should be said.

This is my main concern. I think alot of half-decent managers could be relatively successful with a squad as talented as Chelsea's.

That said, I quite like Grant and wouldn't be opposed to him as a manager. He seems a nice enough guy and got Chelsea playing with a bit more adventure than they did under Mourinho.

2J where's my breakfast?

Nice to see some haven't let go of their unreal expectations despite the state we are currently in :lol:

My thoughts exactly...Dave doesn't stand a chance of getting Tooj to make him breakfast. ???

No fucking way!! This man got the job at Chelsea on the back of his friendship with Pini Zhahavi and Abramovich. He had no fucking pedigree whatsoever before that. I'm sorry like, but one season managing a team of superstars in the premier league is nowhere near enough.

Shit manager, zero personality. No fucking way.

No fucking way!! This man got the job at Chelsea on the back of his friendship with Pini Zhahavi and Abramovich. He had no fucking pedigree whatsoever before that. I'm sorry like, but one season managing a team of superstars in the premier league is nowhere near enough.

Shit manager, zero personality. No fucking way.

So you're happy with Kinnear getting another extension after the Chelsea game then?

Guest firetotheworks

Be great if this is true. I don't get why people are saying no. We should be biting his arm off, especially considering the position were in and the alternatives. I'm not his biggest fan in the larger scheme of things, but were very lucky to attracting a manager who can boast about having been in the larger scheme of things within the last year.

Be great if this is true. I don't get why people are saying no. We should be biting his arm off, especially considering the position were in and the alternatives. I'm not his biggest fan in the larger scheme of things, but were very lucky to attracting a manager who can boast about having been in the larger scheme of things within the last year.

I am waiitng for Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson might consider Wenger at a push.

I am waiitng for Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson might consider Wenger at a push.

Wenger? Losing at home to Villa! Not good enough.

No f***ing way!! This man got the job at Chelsea on the back of his friendship with Pini Zhahavi and Abramovich. He had no f***ing pedigree whatsoever before that. I'm sorry like, but one season managing a team of superstars in the premier league is nowhere near enough.

s*** manager, zero personality. No f***ing way.

So you're happy with Kinnear getting another extension after the Chelsea game then?

What Kinnear has on Grant is that he already knows the players. I'm all for replacing Kinnear at some stage (asap preferably), but not with someone like Grant!!

Ex-Chelsea boss Avram Grant has applied for the Newcastle job. (Various)

bbc sport

Hell no

Hell no? I've heard worse options, most people were saying they would take Steve Bruce ffs. Grant knows his football.

Seems like a decent fella but when I look back at KK and SBR, they both had that bubbly enthusiasm that just made you listen to what they had to say. Avram doesnt have that kind of personality and I amnot sure he could pick up players low on confidence.

Still be light years better than JK though but I would be fearful of another one word answer, "yes"... "no".. press conference... we dont need that kind of PR. The press are probably still out for him after that... it would make their year if he joined us.

TBH i would say Ferguson is pretty dour and Benitez also but it is how you interact with the players and tactics and having the right guys around you helps a great deal imho.

bbc sport

Hell no

Hell no? I've heard worse options, most people were saying they would take Steve Bruce ffs. Grant knows his football.

Explain please, how Grant knows his football? Who has he previously managed before his "jobs for the boys" stint at Chelsea?

No f***ing way!! This man got the job at Chelsea on the back of his friendship with Pini Zhahavi and Abramovich. He had no f***ing pedigree whatsoever before that. I'm sorry like, but one season managing a team of superstars in the premier league is nowhere near enough.

s*** manager, zero personality. No f***ing way.

What Kinnear has on Grant is that he already knows the players. I'm all for replacing Kinnear at some stage (asap preferably), but not with someone like Grant!!

Assuming that this is true, our options at the moment are to either extend Kinnears contract or appointing Grant. I know I'd much rather hire Champions League and Premier League runner up manager Avram Grant than stick with Concede Before Start Playing Joe Kinnear.

And what does it help that Kinnear knows the players, if he constantly picks the wrong ones?

bbc sport

Hell no

Explain please, how Grant knows his football? Who has he previously managed before his "jobs for the boys" stint at Chelsea?

You can see by the way his Chelsea team played, they were organized and good tactically. Some are obviously putting that down to him just having a good team, but i don't think it is as simple as that. Why didn't Hughton do aswell as Keegan? Why didn't Souness do aswell as Robson? I have no reason to think he's a mug.

Can't understand why people want ANOTHER manager prior to a possible takeover where new owners will likely be getting their own man in anyway. Yes he pisses on JFK but our club needs some form of stability - another change in personnel will just baffle the team further. I'd take him as a long term appointment with a new structure/ownership but certainly not as another stop-gap just because he's better than what we have.